What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

Wags

What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?  

1875 members have voted

1. 1. What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

• Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System (JHMCS)
    • ATFLIR Targeting Pod
    • HARM
    • Guided Bombs
    • Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS)
    • Air to Surface Radar
    • Data Link (MIDS / Link-16 / IFF)
    • A/A Radar TWS/RAID/AZ EL/LTWS
    • Harpoon
    • SLAM / SLAM-ER

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I should have mentioned from the above list instead of the plane itself. I know there is mission data to be loaded before flight, but what feature value would be added as far as the sim that we don't already have within the ME?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

People just want to flight straight and release GBUs

I hope ED continue to focus on AA before moving to the rest.

Add SEAD and Anti-ship to the list also! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Datalink and JHMCS are at the top of my list as a VR user, followed by A/A radar modes. Then my priorities fall pretty much in line with the list

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Man this was hard, I had to roll a d4 to choose my favourites... Ended up calling HARM since it relies little on the other mentioned options.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Targeting pod, since it opens up so much in terms of capability and gameplay.

HARMS are only one option in gameplay versus an array of PGM's, coupled with a capable targeting pod. Icing on the cake is a datalink which can share SPI's between players.

Paco

HARM first and foremost along with the new array of smart/guided weapons that have so far not been represented in any of the existing aircraft in DCS. Also the Air to Ground radar and the JHMCS not that the AIM-9X isn't already a beast. :thumbup:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

What NEWfeature of the Hornet are you MOST looking forward to? Your input allows us to best prioritize what our customers want most.

New features are of course in parallel with improving and correcting existing systems. There has to be a balance of the two.

Note: Poll software is limited to 10 choices.

HMD IR MISSILES

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

G.Skill 64GB RAM @3200Mhz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Conductonaut thermal liquid metal

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR

Leap Motion

I initially selected ATFLIR becure I realized that I was wrong.

Would prefer that ED finalizes first A-A component. Radar modes, IFF as well as JHMCS.

A2G could follow then.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Wish List....

Finish A/A weapon modes

ATFLIR/Guided Weapons - Mavs GBU etc

Ground Radar

Datalinks

F16 Block 50/52

Tornado GR4 / F3

Apache

Someone finish Hawk I paid for 4 years ago...

But honestly still loving the bug even though she’s only partial ...

Dangermouse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What about you Wags? I know you have said in the past HARM, has that changed?

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

How about we just get the fully functional and working F/A-18C that we PAID for?

Other game makers seem to be able to provide complete and functional software, and rectify bugs and issues..

This pre-release stuff only gives us planes to fly, not fight in, and they never seem to get finished.

:mad: :pilotfly:

How about we just get the fully functional and working F/A-18C that we PAID for?

Other game makers seem to be able to provide complete and functional software, and rectify bugs and issues..

This pre-release stuff only gives us planes to fly, not fight in, and they never seem to get finished.

you are 100% right. That's why you had the choice NOT to buy the Hornet now and wait until it is completed.

If you want a finished product, dont ever buy en early access, ever. If you do so is understanding limitations. Do not complain on what you have been warned.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk