What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

Wags

What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?  

1875 members have voted

1. 1. What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

• Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System (JHMCS)
    • ATFLIR Targeting Pod
    • HARM
    • Guided Bombs
    • Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS)
    • Air to Surface Radar
    • Data Link (MIDS / Link-16 / IFF)
    • A/A Radar TWS/RAID/AZ EL/LTWS
    • Harpoon
    • SLAM / SLAM-ER

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute top priority should be fixing the STT lock losing when rolling.

Then full implementation of the missing AA / IFF systems, so we have a fully capable AA platform.

And then move on more specialized AG systems weapons

Edited by jaguara5

1. ATFLIR

2. Guided bombe

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

A full AA system should be the priority to have full capability in one task.

BTW A/G radar is one of the most anticipated feature I'd like to see of this beauty.

I've got the same point of view ...

... but nevertheless I put the HARM right in front of those two because with this only one weapon (which is probably not the most difficult to develop) we could add a new entire (and long time waited) role to this aircraft and to DCS World in general (AV8B SEAD capabilities are a bit "short") !

I've got the same point of view ...

... but nevertheless I put the HARM right in front of those two because with this only one weapon (which is probably not the most difficult to develop) we could add a new entire (and long time waited) role to this aircraft and to DCS World in general (AV8B SEAD capabilities are a bit "short") !

Problem is that ED probably need to do a lot of work on the F/A-18C ECM and the AI SAM systems too (as they are dumb as bricks).

My suggestion is that ED organize development into blocks.

Example:

Block 1: A/A radar completed, IFF, Missile updates, JHCMS,

Block 2: ECM, HARM, TALD, Datalink

Block 3: ATFLIR TGP, laser and gps guided bombs, Maverick

Block 4: A/G Radar functionality, Harpoon

etc.. etc..

You get the idea :)

ATFLIR, provided that we get a proper IR image simulation and not a contrast filter like we have now. That would automatically benefit other aircraft that use IR targeting or mavs (A-10, Harrier, Gazelle, Su-25T)

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Why only one choice :( Would prefer to see the AA finished off with some form of radar IFF(TWS/LTWS) after or with that any form of stand off guided self targeted A/G would be nice

ATFLIR

Walleye

Slam/er

HARM

Mavericks

JDAM's

Edited by fragal

God I hope Ed ignore this poll result. The HARM as number one?? Really?? You need correct implementation of Radar before any additional weapon is added. Look at the 120 ATM, almost pointless without proper radar implementation of TWS.

Develop the Sim like the real plane was developed. Base functionality first then the fancy stuff...

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

harm

atflir + gbu

cruise missiles

harpoon

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

God I hope Ed ignore this poll result. The HARM as number one?? Really?? You need correct implementation of Radar before any additional weapon is added. Look at the 120 ATM, almost pointless without proper radar implementation of TWS.

Develop the Sim like the real plane was developed. Base functionality first then the fancy stuff...

100% agree.

I vote for the AA radar and all its modes. This needs to be the priority as some momentum is clearly with this at the moment, dev wise.

You need to build the aircraft from the bottom up, we simply can't have a jet full of half finished systems and weapons. Like this it becomes frustrating as hell to play, because half finished stuff is a total immersion killer.

I'm slightly worried by this poll, and hope it gets ignored, surely ED have a little vision and direction of their own.....I hope so. Ignore the pleas for shiny HARMs etc, basic aircraft systems and sensors first.

I'll add that we still need to see additions to the NAV system:

Proper alignment procedures, that actually matter

HSI sub menu options working

GPS and GPS transfer waypoint navigation

Mark points

Offset Aimpoints

FPAS page

For many many people this is the most important module since 2010! We need to get it right.

since our hornet pilot wears the jhmcs-helmet since day one...

...I'd love to see some A/A symbology in it.

edit: I wanna shoot my 9X around the corner! ;)

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Or just accept that other people want other stuff first and yours isnt the only opinion that matters :thumbup:

ATFLIR Targeting Pod has to be the next thing. HARM is a nice toy but the Targeting Pod will be a major step for initial multi role capabilities. Then AG/AA radar completion.

this

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals