Hornet UFC (potentially)

Brun

Sure, folks.

All products are often used in pitbuilding and sone are mentioned anywhere here in this forum.

Line-up has no special order.

DCS-BIOS

Arcaze

Pokeys 57u

MMJoy2

These ones require a little more effort to make them usuable:

UnoJoy

„Many axis joystick“

256 buttons joystick

ArduinoUSBJoystick

ArduinoJoystickLibrary

Maybe it‘s worth a new thread, showing the pros and cons of each solution?

Personally I just wanted it to be as plug and play as possible. My simming tends to be quite sporadic, so taking the time to learn - and inevitably relearn - the necessary third party software is a PITA.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I understand... Yes, some of the products are time consuming.

On low level and from scratch meanwhile I would go with MMJoy if just Inputs are the point of concern. Perhaps with a breakout board for the Arduino to avoid soldering. Something like this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.de%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F301943934036

(sold out and does not fit either. It‘s just an example)

@Brun

thanks a lot, awesome work, really fantastic !

Could I have some info for the printing ?

What tech of printing ? filament, material ? settings ? did you post treat it ? support ?

Thanks

edit : I tried to import .obj files in cura, it says that model is too small. Same with going from OBJ to STL in fusion360. Any help ? thanks

Edited by dureiken

BBI-64 problems

Anyone have any issues with some button connections.? Want to know before I contact

Leo Bodnar.

I had UFC keyboard buttons connected to B 1 through 12 and they worked fine for two day, then they stopped. Connected them to B 13 to 25, they all work again. Tried connecting other buttons to the 1/12 again to see if any worked and no go.

Anyone have ideas of cause for this. I have't noticed any smell of short, so I am at a loss.

Thanks

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

You have to multiply the size by 100.

I don't know what you mean by that.

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I don't know what you mean by that.

I think his reply was aimed to the post above yours (object imported too small)

For your problem: if B1-B12 used to work fine, but now stopped working, even using other physical switches, I'd wager the board is broken. You can try a different USB port, but I highly doubt that would fix the problem.

I had issues with switches not working when I'd incorrectly assigned them as encoder inputs in the configurator software.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I had issues with switches not working when I'd incorrectly assigned them as encoder inputs in the configurator software.

Thanks for the post Brun, I turned ( off ) button 1/12 in the interface and that fixed the problem.

1 thru 12 working again.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::):)

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Hi, Brun.

I discovered this post and I think it's great what you're doing, congratulations. For some time I was looking for a UFC module for my F18 cockpit, and yours seems very good. Have you thought about making a back cover for the UFC?

Surely buy your modules in Shapeway.

Thanks

Carles.

Thanks Carles,

I haven't considered a 3D printed back cover simply because it would be very expensive for a non-functional piece.

I did look for existing enclosures that may be suitable but couldn't find anything with appropriate dimensions. My own plan is to DIY something from MDF or plywood, but I think it will end up covering the UFC plus MFDs.

In other news, I have a small addition...

20181203_190712.jpg

I've also just replaced all the encoders (with the exception of the COMM channel selectors) with pots. These are running through a Bodnar BU0836A, so are seen as a separate device. This is useful cos I was running out of inputs on the BBI-64 and now have the HDG and CRS switches to connect, plus the Tornado landing gear handle I'd got hold of. Really pleased with the pots even tho they were cheapo Amazon jobbies. Feeling is great and they're pretty much perfect 1:1 rotation with the in-game ones.

It's funny how I keep reaching for other stuff in the cockpit now, before realising I need the mouse. Might do the master arm panel next since it's relatively simple and pretty important.

Hey Brun - how did you get windows to see all 64 inputs in the devices as I can only see 32?

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

The USB Game Controllers interface has a max of 32, but I had no issues assigning 33-64 in DCS.

Yeah I've found a work around - there's software called Pointy's Joystick Controller - free and does exactly the same as what windows does. Google it and it's easy to find. I like that you've put distinguising buttons on your UFC - I'm assuming this is for VR purposes and groping around in the dark so to speak.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

All printed and ready to assemble, but do you think I can find any local stores in Brisbane that sell the required fasteners??

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• 2 weeks later...

So happy I found this, thanks a lot Brun. Just sent you a small donation to say thanks.

Quick question though, in Shapeways, there's the sides and front main unit but no back? Also, Are you planning uploading the section that has the HDG and lower DDI mount to Shapeways?

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally!

It took a full day of soldering and heatshrinking and then a couple of hours of connecting up the wiring .. but it works beautifully. Still waiting for a screwshield to arrive for the arduino, so it's a bit fragile at the moment with the bare wires just shoved into the arduino connectors. Which is why it is not yet all packed neatly into the back of the UFC. Just realised I still need to get some perspex to blank out the displays as well.

I wanted to take the time to thank Brun for his awesome work.

I procrastinated for ages trying to find a way to get the text to show up clearly in white ... in the end I printed out the in game textures and glued them to the panel and it looks great.

Next step, getting the cougar MFDs mounted each side with LCD panels behind them :)

This is all really just a prototyping venture at the moment as I try and collect the space and money to build a full pit.

IMG_1342.JPG.3adfbf6506cf2a95b9b5ee2a10b886e8.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG.ad5037de05ea041af6ca6d8e561883f7.JPG

ufc.jpg.28c330de18f38123249f9551ec40098a.jpg

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Finally!

It took a full day of soldering and heatshrinking and then a couple of hours of connecting up the wiring .. but it works beautifully. Still waiting for a screwshield to arrive for the arduino, so it's a bit fragile at the moment with the bare wires just shoved into the arduino connectors. Which is why it is not yet all packed neatly into the back of the UFC. Just realised I still need to get some perspex to blank out the displays as well.

I wanted to take the time to thank Brun for his awesome work.

I procrastinated for ages trying to find a way to get the text to show up clearly in white ... in the end I printed out the in game textures and glued them to the panel and it looks great.

Next step, getting the cougar MFDs mounted each side with LCD panels behind them :)

This is all really just a prototyping venture at the moment as I try and collect the space and money to build a full pit.

Nice one

The white lettering looks great

Sent using Tapatalk

MSI Z170X-Gaming 5, Intel 6700K, 32G RAM, RTX2080ti, Samsung SSD gaming drive, Samsung SSD System drive, RIFT CV1, TM Warthog Hotas, TPR peddles, Gamtrix Jetseat

• 4 weeks later...