PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

Yes, it could very well be a problem. Depending on the angle the sun comes in, blinds may not be enough (they are for me). A curtain could be necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I don’t know, Miles would have to answer that.

My instinct is that if you put a filter in front of the HMS, it wouldn’t be able to see the FCUs either.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I have pre-ordered mine just now. I know it is developed for DCS, which is great but would love to be able to use it in IL-2 as well, even in a limited way as that doesn’t have clickable cockpits.

Edited by Snowy55
Spelling

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

I would like to use my existing keyboard and mouse, along with PointCTRL when flying the DCS F/A 18, is that possible?

Thanks! 

In the unlikely event I can't get PointCTRL to work, is there a return policy?

Thanks!

To your first question, yes, but if your FCU lights are on and in the FOV of the HMS while you’re trying to move the mouse they will interfere with each other. The timeout setting of the FCUs can be adjusted though.

If the FCUs are timed out, that means the LED turns off to save battery and the HMS won’t see it, hence there will be no interference when trying to use your mouse.

Your second question would have to be answered by Miles.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

18 hours ago, RogueSqdn said:

To your first question, yes, but if your FCU lights are on and in the FOV of the HMS while you’re trying to move the mouse they will interfere with each other. The timeout setting of the FCUs can be adjusted though.

If the FCUs are timed out, that means the LED turns off to save battery and the HMS won’t see it, hence there will be no interference when trying to use your mouse.

Your second question would have to be answered by Miles.

Thanks RogueSqdn,  I appreciate your excellent answer.

2 hours ago, Flamin_Squirrel said:

I put my name down months ago, but can't find the tracking post. How can I check I'm still on the list? No rush, just thought I'd have heard something by now.

You just have to wait for your name to be "next in line" on the list, then MilesD will contact you for further info, such as your country, headset, payment method...
Don´t forget to check PointCTRL Discord channel too.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

2 questions, first I had to recalibrate my fcu’s as I went to one screen and I feel the mouse cursor is very jittery now. When point somewhere the cross is always moving a bit. More than it did before. Any idea?

second, I love the function on the Quest2 where you can double tab the case to get the pass through view. This afternoon I transferred the Aux controllers to my Quest2 and the double tab does not work anymore. Anyone else seen this?

EDIT: a restart has resolved this. It never happened to me before

Thanks,

Edited by DutchCoolHand

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

On 2/14/2021 at 8:55 PM, DutchCoolHand said:

2 questions, first I had to recalibrate my fcu’s as I went to one screen and I feel the mouse cursor is very jittery now. When point somewhere the cross is always moving a bit. More than it did before. Any idea?

second, I love the function on the Quest2 where you can double tab the case to get the pass through view. This afternoon I transferred the Aux controllers to my Quest2 and the double tab does not work anymore. Anyone else seen this?

EDIT: a restart has resolved this. It never happened to me before

Thanks,

Hey Dutch,
Do you still have the moving cursor?

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Update: 

We are starting to ship v2 and are ramping up production slowly. Those of you on FireCats list can now just submit your order anytime using the pre-order form on the PointCTRL website. You will keep your place in line, and when batches are ready to shi,p the lowest numbers will ship first.

I noticed a few of you already used the form before I was done with it. The good news is, the sorting worked perfect by list number. I added a few things, mostly just a Basic and Advanced kits to make things easier to order and a bit of a discount. If you want to update your order just resubmit it and I will delete the old one.

If the order form is not clear, please let me know. I can make things overly complicated sometimes. You may have to zoom in a bit to read some of the pics. We will have a regular online store as soon as we are through the pre-orders, and if there is still interest.

Thanks everyone for your continued patience.

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I got an instant email just now.

Thanks for the hard work, Miles!

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

Do we get any confirmation that our pre-order form went through successfully? Because I never received any.

same - it was in junk mail!

Edited by speed-of-heat
check junk mail

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

The bottom of the page should also have an order completed message.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

3 hours ago, RogueSqdn said:

I got an instant email just now.

Thanks for the hard work, Miles!

Nothing on my end yet.

Not even sure how to pull up the pre-order I did on the site.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

5 hours ago, MilesD said:

Hey Dutch,
Do you still have the moving cursor?

Miles do you mean the regular mouse cursor when moving the mouse? If so yes

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

9 minutes ago, KWard said:

I did receive a preorder confirmation email when I placed my order through the website.

Ah yes I did as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|