PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

11 hours ago, avidflyer said:

Hello MilesD

is the device compatible with xplane and fs 2020?

thanks

Hey Avid Flyer,

PointCTRL emulates a mouse and keyboard. The PC just see it as another HID device. How effective PointCTRL interacts with any sim or application is dependent on that particular piece of softwares mouse implementation (LEFT Click, RIGHT Click, and Mouse wheel). I haven't personally tested it on x-plane, but I don't believe it works well with it. Still waiting on MSFS VR to come out so we can test it. I did speak with a USAF pilot today who said they got it working on a new version of P3D. I know one of the guys was working with Lockheed Martin to make it more compatible with PointCTRL. Specifically the right mouse button bringing up a menu and loosing VR window focus and a few other things. Its really meant for DCS, and its excellent, and well thought out mouse implementation.

Hope that helps,

Miles

Edit: This video does a good job explaining how it all works, actually much better than I could. I should probably put it in my sig.

https://youtu.be/74g1VYkDOo0

Edited by MilesD

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Looking forward to those IPRs

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Newer headset Pimax 8k X etc. owners that have the rubberized coating, what are you using to attach your sensor mount? My APBs went on ok reusing the same tape included. I got some 3M VHB double sided tape but it was the clear stuff, not the dark gray MilesD includes and it isn't holding.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Looking forward to it, Miles. Especially since V1 bumps into the RealSimulator Hornet grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

10 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

I feel the waiting time will be over soon. I'm looking so forward to using PointCTRL.

Thank you for the updates, Miles

I hope you are right!!!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Il 13/12/2020 at 22:58, MilesD ha scritto:

Apologies nessuno0505,

I kept scanning by that Quest2 pic and thought it was my post and didn't see your questions.

1) For me it's a big improvement over the S, but that come in large part from the adjustable IPD, I have a 72 IPD. Aside from the slightly higher res displays the optics seem a better for me also. A big plus for me is the PnP of it all. I just put in on, click on the Oculus link,  and point to DCS and it starts perfectly every time without any fussing about. The S seem to take a few tries to get everything started properly, but that may have been me. Plus having option for wireless room scale content is interesting.

2) You will get v2, I am going to start posting IPR (in progress reports) with pics tonight so everyone can see where we are with it. I know there is a lot of frustration out there with the delay. Posting IPRs will also help keep me stay focused on PointCTRL.

3) Yes you are correct, $15.00 USD shipping for a $8.00 USD item doesn't make sense. Most people buy an extra mount with their initial kit for device they are planning on upgrading. However if you need a STL for a new HMS, I do provide the stl so can print your own.

Thanks for your support, I wouldn't say it's amazing, but it does work for us flight simmers in DCS.

Grazie ankora

Miles

Thanks for your kind answer. I'll compile the form on your site to be put on the waiting list.

Not digging the grey like you, but I do like the simplicity.

Also, is that a different finish? Seems smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

2 hours ago, MilesD said:

PointCTRL v2 IPR (In Progress Report)

Thanks,

Miles

ey Miles, it could be a nice idea showing how the V2 units fit some HOTAS you had around.

I'm itching to try these in FS2020, Xplane is a big miss on them because of their mouse, but the FS2020 VR dev update gives me hope it will work there. Will know in a few days.

If it works, 99% positive I'll have another sale so my dad can enjoy these.

9 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

ey Miles, it could be a nice idea showing how the V2 units fit some HOTAS you had around.

Great idea Tundra, will do on the next IPR.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Miles

• Like 1

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I couldn't wait for my PointCTRL order, so I hacked together a hand tracker + button pusher using a North Focals Loop (a 5-way Bluetooth LE controller on a ring) and a Leap Motion:

image.png

It works OK (here's a video), but hand tracking isn't ever going to be as robust as tracking an LED, and it only does one hand (you can't buy more Loop controllers), so all its done is whet my appetite for the PointCTRL even more!

• Like 1

Awesome stuff frenzon, That looks like perfect hand tracking to me, I assume it tracks the center of the hand mass? Did that ring came with AR glasses? I have been researching something similar that would integrate with the Inside out tracking cameras. 
Thanks for sharing,
Miles

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

26 minutes ago, MilesD said:

Awesome stuff frenzon, That looks like perfect hand tracking to me, I assume it tracks the center of the hand mass? Did that ring came with AR glasses? I have been researching something similar that would integrate with the Inside out tracking cameras. 

Yeah the Leap's hand tracking is quite good - they provide estimates of all the bone positions, so I use the knuckle of the index finger - it's more stable than the fingers themselves, which get occluded my hands. The problem is that when it does lose tracking, it can take a second or two and some hand-waving to bring it back. I feel like the ring (which is black in IR) reduces the reliability too.

The ring came with the North Focals (a low-FOV head up display that is more like a head-up watch than AR) - it was annoying as a persistently-worn controller for a glasses display, but for this type of application it's really great. I wish I could find a way to buy more (I am waiting on an order of some bulkier 'bluetooth finger ring' things from AliExpress).

Leap also provides access to its raw stereo images at 120fps, so it seems doable to add LED or reflector tracking using that.

Plus the Leap Motion seems to have a pretty big performance hit using the two other DCS solutions (VRK for Oculus, SDdraw for SteamVR).

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

1 hour ago, m0zz said:

If I pre order on your website, will I get version 2 when they ship.

Most likely because the waiting list is long and the stock of v1 is getting shorter by the day. 

I have pre-orded and can't wait to get a set of these. I'm sick of having to pick up a VR controller to click around the cockpit then put it back down.

Would it be posible to add/sync the DCS VR hand models to these devices? 

I can imagine the immersion being better again if your hand is moving around the cockpit as it does when using VR controllers in DCS.

Cheers and thanks for this amazing piece of tech.

• 2 weeks later...