PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

Unfortunately, I am not a formally educated engineer, this stuff would be much easier if I was.

Life part 1, was U.S. Army 18B/Z. I didn't really start college until a few years ago at 54. While I wouldn't trade my time in SF for anything, I do wish I went to college after high school.

With a lifetime of hands on experience fixing and building everything from race cars to weapons systems, I now kind of found my niche in physics, and will probably end up as a physics professor, for life part 2.

Sorry, didn't mean to overshare

Miles

Doubly impressive then. :thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

For those interested Miles has written a firmware update for me at my request to try out. It changes the button 3 button (mouse wheel) for button 1 (left mouse click)

I asked for this as when my arm & hand is stretched reaching for the DDI buttons my thumb sits naturally over button 3. So now for me, button 1 (furthest away) is my wheel.

2 (middle) is still the right mouse button. 3 (nearest) is the left mouse button.

After firmware install, I did not have to set up as it worked out the box for me. Check the firmware update tab on the PointCTRL Discord.

Definitely interested. Posted on the Discord but don't see any links. Is it not available yet?

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Definitely interested. Posted on the Discord but don't see any links. Is it not available yet?

I agree the left mouse click at Button 3 seems a better solution ergonomically. Maybe Miles has longer fingers.

Unsolicited testimonial. Been using my FCU's for only 4 days and find them a real game changer. Makes operating cockpit controls in VR SO MUCH easier and faster.

I agree the left mouse click at Button 3 seems a better solution ergonomically. Maybe Miles has longer fingers.

Unsolicited testimonial. Been using my FCU's for only 4 days and find them a real game changer. Makes operating cockpit controls in VR SO MUCH easier and faster.

I must have miles thumbs then :). I find the original arrangement better/more logical to me.

And I totally agree, I've been using them for a few days and aside from some initial frustrations with my first calibrations they are a game changer. I still need to refine my calibration but I'm 80% of the way there.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

For those interested Miles has written a firmware update for me at my request to try out. It changes the button 3 button (mouse wheel) for button 1 (left mouse click)

I asked for this as when my arm & hand is stretched reaching for the DDI buttons my thumb sits naturally over button 3. So now for me, button 1 (furthest away) is my wheel.

2 (middle) is still the right mouse button. 3 (nearest) is the left mouse button.

After firmware install, I did not have to set up as it worked out the box for me. Check the firmware update tab on the PointCTRL Discord.

Miles, probably a good idea to put a BIG explanation of which firmware does what. I think folks are used to always updating to the newest and greatest (?) updates of anything, not just PC, so it could cause some headaches. It would have for me, I think, as I am a happy camper as usual with what I have.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Miles, probably a good idea to put a BIG explanation of which firmware does what. I think folks are used to always updating to the newest and greatest (?) updates of anything, not just PC, so it could cause some headaches. It would have for me, I think, as I am a happy camper as usual with what I have.

As always, great point Mariner, The update does not change anything currently set. It will only add a 3rd option to the current FCU mapping procedure.

Short version for those that are Pollex challegned, (pun intended)

After entering the current FCU mapping mode you press FCU button 1,2, or 3

Pressing FCU Button 1 Sets (default mapping)

Foward Btn = Left Click

Center Btn = Right Click

Rear Btn = Mouse Wheel

Pressing FCU Button 2 Sets

Foward Btn = Right Click

Center Btn = Left Click

Rear Btn = Mouse Wheel

Pressing FCU Button 3 Sets (Added option)

Foward Btn = Mouse Wheel

Center Btn = Right Click

Rear Btn = Left Click

PointCTRL automatically saves the mapping and exits setup mode, returning to normal operation.

This only affects whats sent to the computer during normal operation, and does not change PointCTRL graphic menu navigation or other calibration procedures.

Thanks,

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/05/15

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I am sure it somewhere in the 1000+ posts but as anyone used control point with a valve index? If so what do you think,

yop, i use it on my valve index, works perfect, can t fly without it anymore:D

Miles,

I am #135 and send the PM and the email, did I understand correctly that I should have received the invoice by now? Sorry I just want to make sure I am doing it right. Can’t wait

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Miles,

I am #135 and send the PM and the email, did I understand correctly that I should have received the invoice by now? Sorry I just want to make sure I am doing it right. Can’t wait

Hey Dutch,

Carol said she did get an email from you on the 21st, Unfortunately it was after all of the invoices went out for your group. If I had an extra unit I would send an invoice. but I am out of completed units.

Sorry for the delay, but you are first in line for next weeks orders.

Thanks,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hey Dutch,

Carol said she did get an email from you on the 21st, Unfortunately it was after all of the invoices went out for your group. If I had an extra unit I would send an invoice. but I am out of completed units.

Sorry for the delay, but you are first in line for next weeks orders.

Thanks,

Miles

No problem Miles, I was at a trade show last week so I must have seen it too late. I can wait :)

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Oh man, the product looks super promising! I would suggest putting a post up on r/hoggit, r/HOTAS, r/homecockpits, and r/flightsim. This product deserves more exposure and the FS community would be thrilled to have it. I only found out about it bec I stumbled upon one of your calibration videos.

That being said, I'm very interested in the product. Will it be compatible with the Vive Cosmos? As you can see by this image: https://bit.ly/2mXWifm the Cosmos features an upward facing, front/center mounted camera and doesn't have much usable flat surface up top, the headset also flips up. It does feature an on board USB-C connector so I guess that's something.

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

Oh man, the product looks super promising! I would suggest putting a post up on r/hoggit, r/HOTAS, r/homecockpits, and r/flightsim. This product deserves more exposure and the FS community would be thrilled to have it. I only found out about it bec I stumbled upon one of your calibration videos.

That being said, I'm very interested in the product. Will it be compatible with the Vive Cosmos? As you can see by this image: https://bit.ly/2mXWifm the Cosmos features an upward facing, front/center mounted camera and doesn't have much usable flat surface up top, the headset also flips up. It does feature an on board USB-C connector so I guess that's something.

Hi, I would think MilesD will adapt it to work with the cosmos if he hasn't already. I think it has been adapted for the Rift S which also has an upward facing camera there were a few posts back around tab 110. You should (if you haven't already) join the PointCTRL Discord and ask there. You can normally catch MilesD there morning time East coast.

Having said that Miles always answers posts here each day as he logs in.

If you are interested there is a waiting list for ordering at the moment, you should consider putting your name on. If you do want to let me know.

Regards FireCat.

Miles,

I have #173 and have tried to both PM and e-mail you my e-mailadr. I have not received any confirmation of it having reached you. Has it?

Best regards

Spiken

Hey Spiken,

I am showing your PM to me, but Carol does not have your order. Did you email her at orders@pointctrl.com using the format in the first post in this thread?

I know its a pain, but its just until the list is done, then we can go live with the website sales.

Thanks,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Invoice and shipping delay for current group

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately, one of our suppliers shipped 300 of the wrong micro-controllers. I am waiting for the correct ones to arrive so we can finish processing the next group.

Carol is not going to issue the current invoices until the kits are built and through testing. We have been issuing the invoices when the kits started testing, but I was getting delays. I really don't like keeping anyone's money for more than a few days before shipping their orders.

Apologies for the delay, it's usually my fault, but this was a suppliers error this time. I am going to take this time to update the firmware and the neglected instructions and videos.

Hopefully we should be rolling again in less than a week.

Thanks,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Miles,

I love my Point Ctrl! The calibration is a bit tricky if you have the short term memory of a hummingbird, as I do, but once set up it is way, WAY better than using the mouse in VR. It looks like this will replace my Cougar MFDs for VR use as well!

Thank you for an excellent product!

Invoice and shipping delay for current group

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately, one of our suppliers shipped 300 of the wrong micro-controllers. I am waiting for the correct ones to arrive so we can finish processing the next group.

Carol is not going to issue the current invoices until the kits are built and through testing. We have been issuing the invoices when the kits started testing, but I was getting delays. I really don't like keeping anyone's money for more than a few days before shipping their orders.

Apologies for the delay, it's usually my fault, but this was a suppliers error this time. I am going to take this time to update the firmware and the neglected instructions and videos.

Hopefully we should be rolling again in less than a week.

Thanks,

Miles

FYI I am in this group, and have emailed asking for you to send me an invoice. I understand your reluctance if you don't have the parts, but frankly I'm not worried about you getting them and turning them around. I have total faith in you and what your doing trying to perfect your product. For me, send the invoice now I'll pay it gladly (my job done) for you send me the product when you feel it is to the point you want to distribute it. In both cases it is to my benefit. You are probably about 1000 hours of development time beyond where anyone would dispute your motives.

That said I admire your ability to get this product to market and respect your integrity.

For me take your time it benefits us all. And Dam I hope you are proud of your's and your families accomplishment.

My guess is that this is a labor of love.

Hats off to you and your family

Miles,

I love my Point Ctrl! The calibration is a bit tricky if you have the short term memory of a hummingbird, as I do, but once set up it is way, WAY better than using the mouse in VR. It looks like this will replace my Cougar MFDs for VR use as well!

Thank you for an excellent product!

My experience as well. I only use the mouse now for f10map. And re-arm re-fuel menus. I had a physical UFC, but its no longer needed.

My experience as well. I only use the mouse now for f10map. And re-arm re-fuel menus. I had a physical UFC, but its no longer needed.

Harlikwin, why no VoiceAttack?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

FYI I am in this group, and have emailed asking for you to send me an invoice. I understand your reluctance if you don't have the parts, but frankly I'm not worried about you getting them and turning them around. I have total faith in you and what your doing trying to perfect your product. For me, send the invoice now I'll pay it gladly (my job done) for you send me the product when you feel it is to the point you want to distribute it. In both cases it is to my benefit. You are probably about 1000 hours of development time beyond where anyone would dispute your motives.

That said I admire your ability to get this product to market and respect your integrity.

For me take your time it benefits us all. And Dam I hope you are proud of your's and your families accomplishment.

+1 Could not have said it better myself.

Yes Sir :surrender: , I asked Carol to send your invoice, and thank you for your kind words, we truly appreciate it.

I was most surprised by Carol jumping right in and taking on more and more of the production task. She is a gifted artist, and her manual dexterity combined with experience with silver soldering jewelry, translated perfectly to the fine solder skills required for PointCTRLs components that can't be re-flowed.

And you are correct, it is a labor of love. My true payback, is hearing how PointCTRL makes others recreational experience more enjoyable.

Thank you,

Miles

attachment.php?attachmentid=207862&d=1554243907

PointCTRLsmall.jpg