You cannot look down and to the sides either with mouse or keyboard commands, effectively making the aircraft unusable unless you have TrackIR, as you cannot "turn your head" far enough to see the controls to even start the plane. This did not used to be the case, but is some "feature" added recently with the new cockpit.

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

AFAIK the keybinds for views are generic and the same for all modules in DCS. There shouldn't be any differences unless you change keybinds, or tweak the default.lua with mods.

My PC has suffered the forced April upgrade for Windows 10 and now I need to fix/reinstall... but I'll check this as soon, as I am up and running again.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

This is the only aircraft I've experienced this with, and it didn't do it in the relatively recent past. It is roughly in line with the movement range of the 3d pilot model.

@Shagrat

Generally that's the case, yes.

Spoiler

Interesting. Both mouse and numpad keys are acting up on mine, and were not previously. Obviously something on my end is screwed up, then.

I usually use TrackIR but if I don't plan on flying I sometimes don't bother. The view functions, but only within a limited range of movement, like I said about matching the movements of the 3d model pilot's head (side to side to 90' but very limited up down and will not look far enough diagonally to even see the battery switches).

I will run a repair and do some more testing. Apologies for the false report.

Spoiler

Just did another flight; using keyboard completely this time from start-up, taxi, take off, circuit, landing and shut down.

Keypad numbers work fine for looking around the cockpit for me and to all extents that I can see all switches, levers, etc. to fly the aircraft.

Like I posted above I'd suggest clearing your Hawk keybinds by deleting the following folders:

Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\Hawk\keyboard

Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\Hawk\mouse

Both of mine are actually blank as I haven't assigned anything custom for Hawk for keyboard or mouse so it's using the defaults.

Let me know if that works,

Chris.

Interesting. Both mouse and numpad keys are acting up on mine, and were not previously. Obviously something on my end is screwed up, then.

I usually use TrackIR but if I don't plan on flying I sometimes don't bother. The view functions, but only within a limited range of movement, like I said about matching the movements of the 3d model pilot's head (side to side to 90' but very limited up down and will not look far enough diagonally to even see the battery switches).

I will run a repair and do some more testing. Apologies for the false report.

Check if you have any custom snap views saved.

These can sometimes interfere with the default views... Just a wild guess, but won't hurt to check.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)