Pitch ladder not centered on HUD

Mudeagle

Dear DCS Pilots,

when I fly leveled, my pitch ladder and velocity vector are not at the center on my HUD but are shifted towards left.

Can you help me to solve the problem ?

Thanks.

The pitch ladder and velocity vector (vv) move according to wind. In the pic, it looks like you have a strong crosswind blowing left. You can cage (keep centred) the pitch ladder and vv and still see a 'ghost' (true) vv using the 'cage' command. Helps with landing in crosswinds. But you should uncage it just before landing to check your crosswind and true flight path.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Most likely you have the HUD uncaged.

Make sure you're in the Nav Mode (AA and AG Mode deselected) and then press the cage/uncage Button. That should toggle between the caged and uncaged mode for the Velocity Vector.

If the HUD is caged, you should see the Pitch ladder and the Velocity Vector centered in the middle of the HUD and a little "Ghost" Velocity Vector appearing, indicating the true flight path.

This is normal if you have Wind.

The HUD shows you that you are drifting to the left by wind comming from the right.

It shows you in what direction you are realy going.

If you want ..you can get the hud symbols centered by caging the hud.

But if you do this ..the Hud velocity symbol wil point straight forward, even while you are drifting., so it wil not point to where you are realy going.

Hope this helps.

Here's a thread with pics of before and after caging and the ghost velocity vector.

(https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3575913&postcount=4)

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64