DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

29 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I'm almost surprised that the Mossie is not already up for pre-order, if it's going to be launched before the end of March.

That's a good thing in my opinion. Pre-ordering is just a bad practice.

I am looking forward to the Mosquito though.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:12 PM, Baco said:

Any chance to get an AI navigator? maybe get directions via a wheel like "Jester" or ask him via F-10 menu and he gives you bearing, time to waypoint and fuel?

Things I want my AI alligator to do:

1. Read to me number of gallons total fuel remaining.

2. Call out heading and range to a way point.

3. Fire a colored Very flare through the tube in the canopy above.

4. Hold the stick for me while I take a whiz in a plastic bag (that’s an actual thing). Comes to think of it, it is better that I hold the mossie stick which I am better trained to use and the navigator holds and aims “my stick”, which he should be able to handle just as expertly as I can.

5. Make tea.

6. Operate Gee if that is ever implemented.

edit:

oh, and he should definitely have a cockney accent!

Edited by Bozon

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

3 minutes ago, Bozon said:

Things I want my AI alligator to do:

1. Read to me number of gallons total fuel remaining.

2. Call out heading and range to a way point.

3. Fire a colored Very flare through the tube in the canopy above.

4. Hold the stick for me while I take a whiz in a plastic bag (that’s an actual thing). Comes to think of it, it is better that I hold the mossie stick which I am better trained to use and the navigator holds and aims “my stick”, which he should be able to handle just as expertly as I can.

5. Make tea.

6. Operate Gee if that is ever implemented.

You forgot about sign language !
Make fancy hand signal to any german pilot that come too close or behind 😂

Edited by JG13Wulf

7 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

Just hope we get the basic option to set bomb delay timed fuses as per historical capability.  Bombing is what this kite is about, so we need historical ability to set bomb delay timed fuses.

Happy landings,

Talisman

I agree.
I hope this will be a functionnality coming with the Mossie 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

Just hope we get the basic option to set bomb delay timed fuses as per historical capability.  Bombing is what this kite is about, so we need historical ability to set bomb delay timed fuses.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Well this kite is about more than just bombing. However, it is not a dive bomber and its style of delivery is from low altitudes and at shallow dives - just the recipe for bombing yourself to pieces if your bombs are not delayed.

• Like 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

On 1/11/2021 at 5:47 AM, Bozon said:

Well this kite is about more than just bombing. However, it is not a dive bomber and its style of delivery is from low altitudes and at shallow dives - just the recipe for bombing yourself to pieces if your bombs are not delayed.

There are also tactical reasons for using time delay bomb fuses.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I'm very excited about the prospect of having the Mossie in my hanger gathering dust after a while!! But seriously, the bomb delay should be a "thing" for all of the planes that can carry bombs. From Jugs to Ponies and Spits as well as the 109's and 190's.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I said I was a huge fan of the "Wooden Wonder" it would be an under-statement and It feels like an eternity since the first rumours/announcement that ED would be creating the DH98 like so many here I can hardly contain my anticipation.

So here's some motivational images of the First and Greatest Multirole aircraft ever built (That's my personal opinion BTW) 😝

All Images are my own creation, Model created in Wings 3d and Rendered in Lumion 7.5.

Break_Break.jpg

Channel_Stop.jpg

Mosquito_Dawn.png

Rhubarb_run.jpg

• Like 3

Sig_002.jpg

“In 1940 I could at least fly as far as Glasgow in most of my aircraft, but not now! It makes me furious when I see the Mosquito. I turn green and yellow with envy. The British, who can afford aluminium better than we can, knock together a beautiful wooden aircraft that every piano factory over there is building, and they give it a speed which they have now increased yet again. What do you make of that? There is nothing the British do not have. They have the geniuses and we have the nincompoops. After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set – then at least I'll own something that has always worked.”

- Commander in Chief Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring -

11 minutes ago, Rockape said:

So here's some motivational images of the First and Greatest Multirole aircraft ever built (That's my personal opinion BTW) 😝

Nice work, you are a talented guy..

What you said happens to be my personal opinion too, and I would guess the same goes for most on this thread! 

First post I see?, welcome to the forums! BTW your forum name.....you're not Ex RAF Regiment by chance?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

On 1/12/2021 at 6:07 PM, AG-51_Razor said:

I'm very excited about the prospect of having the Mossie in my hanger gathering dust after a while!! But seriously, the bomb delay should be a "thing" for all of the planes that can carry bombs. From Jugs to Ponies and Spits as well as the 109's and 190's.

I could not agree with you more.  Puzzles the hell out of me why more attention has not been paid to this to date.  Lots of effort into weapon delivery systems for modern fast jet stuff, but WWII aircraft not so much it would appear.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

3 minutes ago, bart said:

First post I see?, welcome to the forums! BTW your forum name.....you're not Ex RAF Regiment by chance?

👍 😁

• Like 1

Sig_002.jpg

“In 1940 I could at least fly as far as Glasgow in most of my aircraft, but not now! It makes me furious when I see the Mosquito. I turn green and yellow with envy. The British, who can afford aluminium better than we can, knock together a beautiful wooden aircraft that every piano factory over there is building, and they give it a speed which they have now increased yet again. What do you make of that? There is nothing the British do not have. They have the geniuses and we have the nincompoops. After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set – then at least I'll own something that has always worked.”

24 minutes ago, Rockape said:

👍 😁

Good man...

Once the Mosquito finally drops, if you want someone in your right hand seat in MP give me a shout. It'll be a pleasure to fly (virtually!) with you mate.

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

16 minutes ago, bart said:

Good man...

Once the Mosquito finally drops, if you want someone in your right hand seat in MP give me a shout. It'll be a pleasure to fly (virtually!) with you mate.

Thanks @Bart 😀

Might just take you up on that offer... I've had DCS since 2014 but never MP'd as yet, better brush up on my Editor skills, have a few ideas for some "Ramrods, Rodeos and Rhubarbs".

Sig_002.jpg

Do I see it right? Max speed of this mosquito is around 365 mph?

This would make it the... 2nd slowest Warbird currently in DCS (absolute top speed regardless of altitude)?

Or is it actually faster than the other planes at low altitude in DCS?

54 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Do I see it right? Max speed of this mosquito is around 365 mph?

This would make it the... 2nd slowest Warbird currently in DCS (absolute top speed regardless of altitude)?

Or is it actually faster than the other planes at low altitude in DCS?

At sea level it will be a bit faster than the Spit and A8 IIRC and a little bit slower than all the other, not bad at all considering those other aircraft are from late 1944. 

You won't want to get much increase in speed with altitude as the FB verisons Merlin 25's were only singe stage. 

I think we will be glad that the synchronized clouds are coming soon as we will be spending a bit of time jumping between them! 😅

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

4 minutes ago, Krupi said:

At sea level it will be a bit faster than the Spit and A8 IIRC and a little bit slower than all the other, not bad at all considering those other aircraft are from late 1944. 

You won't want to get much increase in speed with altitude as the FB verisons Merlin 25's were only singe stage. 

I think we will be glad that the synchronized clouds are coming soon as we will be spending a bit of time jumping between them! 😅

What year is the one being produced for the module and how will it stack up speed wise against the Corsair? 

There wasn't a huge change in the FB version by and large apart from equipment it went unchanged, the biggest change was the going from Merlin 21 to 25. I hope we get a 1943 Merlin 25 at least.

Then the question is will it be 100 octane or 150 octane fueled! 

I don't know huge deal about the Corsair to be honest, I assume it would be faster in everything but perhaps sea level.

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

8 hours ago, Krupi said:

There wasn't a huge change in the FB version by and large apart from equipment it went unchanged, the biggest change was the going from Merlin 21 to 25. I hope we get a 1943 Merlin 25 at least.

Then the question is will it be 100 octane or 150 octane fueled! 

I don't know huge deal about the Corsair to be honest, I assume it would be faster in everything but perhaps sea level.

Im not sure about 150 as it seems that ED has a huge aversion to it, though it would be very nice as an option, that and the mustang and mk9 spitfire too, then it could just be flicked on and off like the mw50 for german aircraft, though i suspect that changing fuel type isnt so easy and a bunch of adjustments would have to be made, that being said the corsair does have a beefy engine so i wonder how it would go against the 190 and k4, could slap some FAA colours on there 🙂

On 1/9/2021 at 3:59 AM, Mr_sukebe said:

I'm almost surprised that the Mossie is not already up for pre-order, if it's going to be launched before the end of March.

I'm surprised there isn't a forum subsection for it with a multitude of threads just like the P-47 or A-8 had.

3 minutes ago, Nealius said:

I'm surprised there isn't a forum subsection for it with a multitude of threads just like the P-47 or A-8 had.

There is now......

• Like 1