Jump to content

DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion


msalama

Recommended Posts

And show on the 2020 and beyond video, flying 10 mounths ago.

 

 

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

 

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

And show on the 2020 and beyond video, flying 10 mounths ago.

 

 

That's an AI model on that video surely?

 

I was referring to Wags doing a start up video or one of him flying the aircraft over one of the maps... similar to the Hind video he recently released. We have had nothing like that yet...


Edited by bart

System :-

i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bart said:

That's an AI model on that video surely?

Has very clear, that has been develop version. GA has access to DCS to build videos, and all has real, as Marianas and Channel map previously to release them and more show in a official video. In fact, actually has some "Mosquito" armement into DCS files, as RP-3 rockets (AP and HE).

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

 

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, bart said:

That's an AI model on that video surely?

 

I was referring to Wags doing a start up video or one of him flying the aircraft over one of the maps... similar to the Hind video he recently released. We have had nothing like that yet...

Neither do we for the Fw-190A8 and the P-47. So no video means absolutely nothing. 


Edited by razo+r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a little nervous about how I am going to manage a twin engine prop plane with just a two throttle HOTAS. Has anyone figured this one out yet? Currently I use one throttle for throttle and one for RPM and a slider for fuel mixture. What are you all thinking of for a twin, such as the Mossie or a P-38 or A-20 or JU-88 or, or, or?????

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did a test with the Su-24T, since it's the only othre twin engine aircraft I own.  I mapped my SINGLE throttle axis to both engines, then mapped increase and decrease left and right to q-a, w-s.  I was able to push the axis up to which brought both engines up to say 75%, and then use the A button to bring the left engine back to 65%.  Not what I want ideally but I can't afford a new throttle.  The nice thing is that once I used the buttons to separate the output of the left from the right, they stayed at 10% different even when I pushed the axis up and down.

 

I have been thinking about this ever since I saw Kermit Weeks do a video of the cockpit in his Mossie and mentioned that for takeoff he used different power to the left and right engine to help control the torque on takeoff.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mesha44 said:

I did a test with the Su-24T, since it's the only othre twin engine aircraft I own.  I mapped my SINGLE throttle axis to both engines, then mapped increase and decrease left and right to q-a, w-s.  I was able to push the axis up to which brought both engines up to say 75%, and then use the A button to bring the left engine back to 65%.  Not what I want ideally but I can't afford a new throttle.  The nice thing is that once I used the buttons to separate the output of the left from the right, they stayed at 10% different even when I pushed the axis up and down.

 

I have been thinking about this ever since I saw Kermit Weeks do a video of the cockpit in his Mossie and mentioned that for takeoff he used different power to the left and right engine to help control the torque on takeoff.

 

that's actually pretty interesting, didn't think of using differential throttle before

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A direct copy and paste quote from the Me-262 thread for those that may have missed this (sorry I haven't yet worked out how to quote a post or include a link to a post in another thread on the new forums yet!).

 

 

" Dear All,

 

I would like to stop the speculations about 262.

 

It is not in development at the moment. I do not want to tell you which aircraft will be started after Mosquito. 

 

Right now we focused on Mosquito and we want to make at high level.

 

Sincerely,

Kate Perederko

Chief Operational Officer "

 

 

 

Sad news for the Me262 fans, but on the flip side some good news here for us Mosquito fans. Good to hear it's going to be a high level module.


Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, bart said:

A direct copy and paste quote from the Me-262 thread for those that may have missed this (sorry I haven't yet worked out how to quote a post or include a link to a post in another thread on the new forums yet!).

 

 

" Dear All,

 

I would like to stop the speculations about 262.

 

It is not in development at the moment. I do not want to tell you which aircraft will be started after Mosquito. 

 

Right now we focused on Mosquito and we want to make at high level.

 

Sincerely,

Kate Perederko

Chief Operational Officer "

 

 

 

Sad news for the Me262 fans, but on the flip side some good news here for us Mosquito fans. Good to hear it's going to be a high level module.

 

Bahh who cares about 262 - it won't have anything fun to fight anyway except for a very limited selection of AI bombers. I like the attitude that they are focused on a high level mosquito! That's the spirit!

 

I was a little disappointed that they did not tell anything about the mossie EA release date in the weekend news. They did give us some cool mosquito shots in the 2021 vid, so I suppose this means no Mossie EA till after the Hollydays.

 

As for the next WWII plane speculations, I hope this is something German to go with the Mossie - JU88 attack model, or ME410.

  • Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

 

... well, he could have said it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a flyable JU-88 and B17 with multicrew would be a good place to go.   You've got the shapes already just go with modelling the cockpits and it gives the WWII MP crowd a chance to add another element of gameplay.  Learning how to use bombsights and PVP interaction between bomber gunners and fighters.  

 

But your exactly right Bozon the Mossie is top of the important list and it does sound fairly imminent.   Then there are the left field modules of the Carrier + F4U + A6M, and octopus G's LA7.

 

The 262 would be fun to fly but adds nothing to the current MP environment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you guy's noticed the new forum header? 😄

 

Does this mean that the Mosquito will be ED's next release or am I reading too much into this? lol. 


Edited by bart
  • Like 3

System :-

i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bart said:

Have you guy's noticed the new forum header? 😄

 

Does this mean that the Mosquito will be ED's next release or am I reading too much into this? lol. 

 

I believe that is the most mature in development project that they may have in store for us. Everything else seems to be close but not that close(SOON). 

 

 

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mossie it is on my radar since long time ago. This is one of my WW2 favorite planes, and probably the same with several here in this forum.

This module, combined with the channel map, will provide a lot of fun to simmers who want's to recreate all the daredevils missions committed for those brave pilots who flew the Mosquito, specially at night at very low altitude over the sea.
Definitely, this is a must buy.


Edited by F1y1ngNut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Business Development Director, said it would be coming before the end of the year in an interview. With the free to play event and basically no news since November, (also not even a separate forum) I’m not overly convinced that’s still true. I’ll keep an eye in though, just in case ED decides to do a surprise drop, which I suppose is entirely possible, they’ve been very good to us this year.

 

If they’re feeling insanely generous, they may even put it in the free to try promotion 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, exile2256 said:

The Business Development Director, said it would be coming before the end of the year in an interview. With the free to play event and basically no news since November, (also not even a separate forum) I’m not overly convinced that’s still true. I’ll keep an eye in though, just in case ED decides to do a surprise drop, which I suppose is entirely possible, they’ve been very good to us this year.

 

If they’re feeling insanely generous, they may even put it in the free to try promotion 😂 

 

Simon only put a "will coming" but only has a plan and has been delayed. Expected them on Q1 2021. Waiting to Wags start to show videos, as the P-47.

 

In fact, the forum logo pic has been change to the Mossie and show the cockpit and aircraft on the "2021 and beyond video" with others modules and waiting to the "DCS 2021 and Beyond Update - Aircraft Modules" Newsletter.

 

 

 


Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

 

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2020 at 8:29 PM, AG-51_Razor said:

I'm a little nervous about how I am going to manage a twin engine prop plane with just a two throttle HOTAS. Has anyone figured this one out yet? Currently I use one throttle for throttle and one for RPM and a slider for fuel mixture. What are you all thinking of for a twin, such as the Mossie or a P-38 or A-20 or JU-88 or, or, or?????

Yep I bought a bravo throttle quadrant instead. 😂😂😂

 

As to using the hotas, sadly no I’ve no idea, unless you use combined controls, one axis for both left and right.

 

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

 

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

 

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Cowboy10uk said:

As to using the hotas, sadly no I’ve no idea, unless you use combined controls, one axis for both left and right.

 

Some control won't be used much in flight. So you can use some button instead of axis. I just hope that ED will take a moment to tweak the speed of the control with button because for some on other plane, you can make precise input because it moves too fast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, hannibal said:

i could care less about the mosquito..

 

up until i saw multi crew...

 

1st day buy.. for 2 copies!

Have to admit that while the Mossie was always a day 1 purchase for me, as it’s my favourite WW2 aircraft after the Short Underland which sadly we are very unlikely to ever get, there is no way I could say no.

 

However the confirmation that it’s Multicrew is a huge bonus, the thought of flying low level working as a team to get the tasking done in such an iconic aircraft will be a dream come true, especially in VR.

 

I can honestly see it becoming my no 1 choice of WW2 aircraft to fly, despite owning them all.

 

im sure you won’t regret joining the rest of us on our Mossie journeys.

  • Like 2

 

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

 

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

 

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great news today for all Mosquito fans.

 

This may tip the balance for the No1 spot for me from the Spitfire to the Mosquito!. It's going to be great to fly in either seat in this beauty.. especially in VR.

 

So admins, any chance we can have a proper sub-forum topic now for the old girl, and start to build up the hype!?

  • Like 2

System :-

i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...