DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

In the recent interview with ED Business Director Simon Pearson, mentioning again that the Mossie is aimed for release at the end of the year. We must be getting close to ED starting the hype train too keep our wallets adjare for its release. Come on lets see some pictures or even better a video :) The end of the year is near

• Like 1

I would like to hear more about the navigators role, what they can do etc...

If no one takes the navigator role do we have an AI navigator filling this role?

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

In the recent interview with ED Business Director Simon Pearson, mentioning again that the Mossie is aimed for release at the end of the year. We must be getting close to ED starting the hype train too keep our wallets adjare for its release. Come on lets see some pictures or even better a video :) The end of the year is near

The hind got a video, no we want mossie video haha

Another weekend news and no mention of my Mossie...

I understand ED are working hard on the WWII damage model, but I start to get worried :shocking:

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

We didn't had any picture of the Fw 190 A8 before release if I remember correctly.

We had a lot of them i remember

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Not particularly, first news we got was in October 2018 then just a few pictures between then and it's release in July 2019.

We saw our first pictures of the Mossie around the same time we saw the Anton.

​​​​

​​

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I have different speed (cruise, fast cruise, landing etc...) and engine boost/rmp for each.

I think the version the book is a mossie with merlin 21 engines running on 100 octane fuel.

It's an early version. The mossie mk VI had merlin 22, 23 or 25.

but as far as I know the basic game mechanics that allow two players to sit in the same plane do not exist (not available in the F-14 right?

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but you absolutely can have two players in the same F-14, Pilot + RIO, so the precedent is there.

I would love to have the Mossie be multicrew, even if it's just the navigator role. Would make for some great night time action which is where the Mossie shined quite a bit (pathfinder stuff for marking targets, etc.)

Yup, finally some news on the Mosquito in the newsletter.

Cockpit looks great, I wonder how far along the FM is. That's going to be a big task, like ED said it's the first twin engine prop plane they have done. Can't wait to experience it in VR, it's my most awaited module since the Spitfire IX.

My late father worked on Mosquito's as an engine fitter during WW2, so there's a bit of a connection there with me too! Got some great old photo's of them taxying out to go on a raid he took during the war.

Ok, here's my guess for a release timeline. A few day's before Christmas if we are REALLY lucky, but if I had to put money on it....sometime Q1 2021.....

• Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Has anyone shown Bozon the latest Pictures should keep him going until release.

Just returned after changing my underwear...

This is so awesome - love the screenshots, I’ll go over the pixel by pixel later tonight...:thumbup:

I was starting to worry that the mossie will be pushed back due to all the other development that ED are doing.

THANK YOU ED! KEEP IT COMING ON SCHEDULE AND TAKE MY MONEY!

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!