Targets in 2 waypoints.

FredoFrance

I think you can. One good reason for having target waypoints (M-, TAKT 9) is if you perform a position fix with one of the B- waypoints all waypoints will be adjusted accordingly, target ones included. But if you perform one with a target point only that location will be adjusted. Good if your navigation is OK but your target waypoint isn't exactly above the target and in need of correction.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

You can designate as many waypoints as target waypoints as you like.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You need to understand the difference between a B and an M point.

There are three differences only that matter.

Fixes: If you fix a B point, the entire flight plan is moved. This is because if you have a navigation error on a B point, then all points in the flight plan will be off. So fixing a B point "adjusts" all points (including M and BX)

If you fix an M point, only that point is moved. Say you have a plan with a target on an intersection. But when you get near, they've moved a bit. So you fix the M point to where they are now. This will move the M point but nothing else (except U points, see below)

Pup-up points: You can create a pop-up point U (up), and it will always set itself in relation to the M point. You can only create a Pop-up point if there's an M (target) point.

Speeds and Time-on-target: If you play with leg speeds or ToT, you set these in relation to an M point, but not to others (B, U, BX). This is all black magic, but suffice to say that ToT use M points.

Last point I'll make: You can set multiple M points, but you're not meant to.

Rather, if you have many target areas, you're supposed to use BX points.

oh thats cool...with TAKT 9 on all ?

Yes, exactly. You do the opposite (defining a waypoint as a nav waypoint) by using TAKT 0 on the corresponding waypoint(s).

But as quip said. It is very important that you actually understand what the difference between an attack and a nav waypoint is, so that you actually know why and when to change a waypoint type. Especially this:

Fixes: If you fix a B point, the entire flight plan is moved. This is because if you have a navigation error on a B point, then all points in the flight plan will be off. So fixing a B point "adjusts" all points (including M and BX)

If you fix an M point, only that point is moved. Say you have a plan with a target on an intersection. But when you get near, they've moved a bit. So you fix the M point to where they are now. This will move the M point but nothing else (except U points, see below)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg