leapMotion implementation possibility

Kariyann71

OK I mostly got it figured out. I had to set the resolution to the *whole* resolution of both displays in the HMD for it to work. Since the Odyssey+ is 1440x1600 in each eye I had to set DCSLeap to 2880x1600. That corrected most of the problems. I'm finding the gestures difficult to do but that's probably my fault or my configuration.

The major issue I'm still having is that DCSLeap will frequently defocus DCS especially if I activate the left hand. It will just grab a random window that's near DCS and cause the mouse to stop working in DCS.

OK I mostly got it figured out. I had to set the resolution to the *whole* resolution of both displays in the HMD for it to work. Since the Odyssey+ is 1440x1600 in each eye I had to set DCSLeap to 2880x1600. That corrected most of the problems. I'm finding the gestures difficult to do but that's probably my fault or my configuration.

The major issue I'm still having is that DCSLeap will frequently defocus DCS especially if I activate the left hand. It will just grab a random window that's near DCS and cause the mouse to stop working in DCS.

Nice to see that you solved it.

Thanks for the feedback about Odyssey + screen size. Do you know if Odyssey has one screen or two screen in it ?

You can adjust mouse sensitivity in Main menu.

I’m wondering about narrowing margin to avoid mouse exiting DCS window.

Corei7 2600K 4.4Ghz OC - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb - 16 Gb DDR3

HP Reverb PRO HMD - Thrusmaster TWCS + TopGun Stick

Odyssey+ has two screens. Each one is 1440x1600. BTW do you have the code for this project on GitHub? I'd love to check it out and potentially submit some PRs for improvements if you're open to others helping.

Yes I polished and added some comments to my code this week.

I’ve to find a way to directly upload unity project to github.

Edited by Kariyann71

I haven't played with unity in awhile but it looks like there's a direct GitHub integration these days. https://unity.github.com

Hi Fignuts, I've putted DCLeap on GitHub, here/s the link :

https://github.com/kariyann/DCLeap

This is the last version of DCLeap (v1.05)

I´m having some issues with my HTC Vive (normal Version, not Pro)

When i input Width 1080 and Height 1200, it feels like my left hand is a little bit to far on the left side.

If i input the total resolution (2160x1200) my right hand is completly on the right side of the screen.

Does anyone use a HTC Vive and can show me his settings?

Btw, the "virtual mouse" isn´t very stable and its hard to point at things...is this normal, or should i recalibrate my leap motion and just get used to it?

Thank you very much :)

(I only bought a Leap Motion Device for this, yesterday :D )

Hello, it’s normal you have a little offset to the left for the left hand and to the right for the right hand.

I’m working on offset manager to allow users to set the offset.

It’s not normal your cursor is not accurate. I advice you to re calibrate your LeapMotion and to avoid other IR sources like TrackIR camera in front of your LeapMotion.

Be sure to only use one hand (only one cube, the red one or the green one) to get accuracy because if both cubes (both hands) are tracked it can result in parasite comportment in cursor movement and so less accuracy .

You can also use sensitivities sliders in the main menu, mines are 0.8.

Kariyann

Ok so with leap Motion you are able to click the most Cockpitfunctions without problems, but it works only with one Hand properly? So If i Use my Right Hand, I have to use my Trackball also for the left Console?

Leap Motion or VR Gloves, would be a good update to my Simulator.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Great,thanks . And it works fine now with DCS? Can you control the hole F/A-18 cockpit without a Mouse?

Does it work with my HP Reverb an my Thrustmaster Warthog combination?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

Ok for today, I was able to see both Boxes in DCS and activate the ejection Seat with my hands.

Sadly I'm not able to click something and can't control the cursor in the Cockpit.

I also dosen't get the Leap Motion Controller work in Steam VR.

It would be great,if we have a Option to see our Hands in the Cockpit, like the black ones for VR Controller Use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New version available 1.09:

https://github.com/kariyann/DCLeap/tree/master/DCLeap/LatestRelease

Modification of the sensitivity management of the "pinch - pinch" gesture

Also modified the management of the mouse control script, possibility of improvement for Rift and Pimax users.

I'm waiting for your feedback.

Good weekend to all

Ok for today, I was able to see both Boxes in DCS and activate the ejection Seat with my hands.

Sadly I'm not able to click something and can't control the cursor in the Cockpit.

It would be great,if we have a Option to see our Hands in the Cockpit, like the black ones for VR Controller Use.

Hi Toykilla,

Could you give a try to the last version ?

I modified something that could solve your cursor movement issue.

Good morning. I will try it soon as Possible again, but i'm struggling with Steam VR and Leap Motion, to use my hands as a Controller.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be great, if we have a Option to see our Hands in the Cockpit, like the black ones for VR Controller Use.

Same issue here. Unless one of those two additional drivers didn't install correctly, but I've triple checked and all seems right. Odyssey+

I get the red and green squares in DCS, and am able to enable/disable each hand at will, but that's the extent of it. My cursor is not visible with the red square enabled. It appears with the green square, but the cursor is tied to head movement only - and it's movement is inverted. :cry:

Tracking in the leap visualizer works perfectly.

I second the idea of some sort of visual feedback for hand position. I understand fully rendered hands might be a little clunky and mask buttons, but something like the leap wireframe hands would be nice. Either way, this is an amazing piece of software!