Data cartridge

51thPolux

Bump

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I was hoping for a reply on this as well. Having been on Aerobatics online I have noticed that there are a lot of players that like to 'buzz' you when you are on the taxiway out but get it wrong and crash onto you. Even when you are refuelling from a tanker

Having rearmed, started up the jet, entered the waypoints and on the taxiway you then have an explosion. I have just left the server and am reluctant to spend more time on it. Having the data cartridge would save a lot of time especially when there are long flights.

Going on a separate idea. Anapa is over flowing with F/A-18s, perhaps move some down to Sochi, get a KC-130 down there. and move the carrier half way between. It's a pain having a Bf109 firing flares at the tanker trying to bring it down and SU-27s buzzing you while you are trying to land on the carrier.

Neil

would that also include mission planning? creating new or editing existing flightplans if allowed by ME/server? fuel planning, tot calculations etc. ...

+1 either way

*edit* oops, i missed that this is the f-18 subforum. still a missing feature, that would also be much appreciated for the other modules.

Edited by twistking

+1

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

+1337 confused how 1970s viggen from third party has it in game, but early 2000s top notch F/A-18c variant by ED itself has no such feature and so far its probability of the feature so far only has been put as "maybe"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

+1337 confused how 1970s viggen from third party has it in game, but early 2000s top notch F/A-18c variant by ED itself has no such feature and so far its probability of the feature so far only has been put as "maybe"

It's a pretty crude workaround that is not very userfriendly, but has been implemented by Heatblur because of the importance of the data cartridge in the Viggen.

+1 Data Cartridge. Wish for someday a WDP like for BMS. Could set up the Data Load before in game.

Exactly this!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
a data cartridge is irrelevant on a multiplayer server where the the mission designer has not assigned waypoints to aircraft in the mission editor

there is no individual client mission planning element in multiplayer, so how could there be a data cartridge?

Because people plan missions for multiplayer servers?

My group (CVW8) runs pre-written missions and having a DTC would be a huge help in briefing and mission planning.

It would only be irrelevant in sky-quake bullcrap like the 104th