RB-75 sight - TV not working?

609_Relentov

After today's update, I flew the Viggen, and I can't seem to lock a target using the collimator sight with TV button - it acts like T0 (i.e. bore sights the missile). I tried with the RB-75 and RB-75B, and while T0 (bore sight) and T1 (slew) works, as mentioned TV does not lock the target in the cross hairs but moves the sight up to what appears to be the bore sight position.

After today's update, I flew the Viggen, and I can't seem to lock a target using the collimator sight with TV button - it acts like T0 (i.e. bore sights the missile). I tried with the RB-75 and RB-75B, and while T0 (bore sight) and T1 (slew) works, as mentioned TV does not lock the target in the cross hairs but moves the sight up to what appears to be the bore sight position.

I had problems with this yesterday when trying the RB-75.

For me I could not get a lock when master mode was set to NAV.

But when set to ANF i did get a lock.

Is it the same for you or can't you even get a lock in ANF?

Another problem, I think, was that when in NAV mode and going to TV it did perform a update on the target position instead of locking to the target.

Which made the target waypoint way off position.

Best regards,

M

I had problems with this yesterday when trying the RB-75.

For me I could not get a lock when master mode was set to NAV.

But when set to ANF i did get a lock.

Is it the same for you or can't you even get a lock in ANF?

Another problem, I think, was that when in NAV mode and going to TV it did perform a update on the target position instead of locking to the target.

Which made the target waypoint way off position.

Best regards,

M

I can confirm both issues. Apparently I was in ANF master mode.

I tried it tonight, and as you suggested surstromming, once I changed the master mode to ANF I was able to lock the target with TV. However, according to the manual, it should also work with NAV mode as before, it's just that with NAV mode you won't be able to see anything in the sight until you UNSAFE the weapon, whereas in ANF mode you will be able to see through the sight regardless of SAFE/UNSAFE mode.

Thanks - at least I can use it now, but it would be good if it was fixed so TV worked in NAV mode.

I've corrected the issue. The fix will probably be in the next open beta release. Thanks for the reports! The workaround in the meanwhile is to use ANF-mode instead of NAV mode.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.