Today’s change log? Rather short.......

AvroLanc

So there was me looking forward to today’s change log for the Hornet, and it seems rather short , just one fix for the deck sliding.....

Err, what happened? I was under the impression Aim-120 improvements and the -9X were going to be included, not to mention a few other additions.

Wags is such a tease, lots of stuff for radar and weapons mentioned coming in Aug since 4 weeks ago, am I missing something?

no, all they said was coming in a future release this month... next OP update will be Aug. 29th..soo...

or they did like they did with the 120B/C and surprise us with some of these new features by not listing them in the CL.

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

yes we have AIM9-x now

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Wags said they'll be coming later this month, he didn't specify the patch date.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well he did say sometime Aug, but we’ve had 3 mini updates and a video this week. Led to believe some of the fixes might be included this week.

2 weeks is a long time to wait.... I swear this thing has taken over my life!

I kind of suspected the aim120, aim-7 and other were not going to come this week because Wags did say in August. Kind of a blanket timing. So they will would be looking at end of August update.

I was really looking forward to the rwr hud indication and offset features

Perhaps ED want to put everything together and release in one update.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I was really looking forward to the rwr hud indication and offset features

Well too bad they are actually in :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Well he did say sometime Aug, but we’ve had 3 mini updates and a video this week. Led to believe some of the fixes might be included this week.

2 weeks is a long time to wait.... I swear this thing has taken over my life!

Yeah lol. I am like a kid now anxiously waiting for daddy to bring gift every other week.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Well too bad they are actually in :D
Rather too good they are in. Can't wait to get home and do the update. Thanks fellow

As is, how many of you are comfortable taking the Hornet into combat?

Still doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest i'll give it a try, then promptly put it down again with the firm feeling of "its not ready." Unless it's as a bomb truck, hoping the hostile/friendly RWR changes will help a bit more with SA but until it gets some form of radar assisted IFF tracking and it can tell me that the target i have locked is 100% hostile, she stays parked more often than not.

Still doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest i'll give it a try, then promptly put it down again with the firm feeling of "its not ready." Unless it's as a bomb truck, hoping the hostile/friendly RWR changes will help a bit more with SA but until it gets some form of radar assisted IFF tracking and it can tell me that the target i have locked is 100% hostile, she stays parked more often than not.

I feel similar...doing a few bombing runs, carrier ops, but mainly I fly the f-18 for the enjoyment I get out of IFR, working with waypoint creation, tacans, and fine tuning my navigation skills.