How to land in pairs?

My wingman just hates me. Everytime I try to land with him he'll leave me just before touchdown. I have already put myself on the left side of the runway, what more can he ask for?

So how can I land with him? It's not really essential, but I just want to do it for at least once.

Try doing this online with someone on comms, now that is fun to touch down within a second of each other.

Agreed - Good Fun Indeed, albeit a wee bit hair-raising....:)

ScreenShot_084copy-1.jpg

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I think he wants to know how to get the !!!AI!!!-wingman to land with him.

I have no idea. I think for AI the RWY is "closed" as soon as one aircraft (in this case yours) is touchdown. So he makes a goaround and lands when you have vacated the RWY.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

My wingman just hates me. Everytime I try to land with him he'll leave me just before touchdown. I have already put myself on the left side of the runway, what more can he ask for?

So how can I land with him? It's not really essential, but I just want to do it for at least once.

If im not mistaken you have to assign him to your flight as well as your wing. So when you create the mission make sure that in the box where it asks how many pilots you want .. choose 2. This will give you a wingman in the same flight as you.

Now dont quote me ,because LOMAC has a mind of its own when it comes to mission making ... any one of these seasoned veterans here can attest to the headaches that accompany mission making in LOMAC, but this should force your wingman to land with you. Provided that you dont give him any orders that would complicate the already ridiculous intelligence of the AI. Such as giving him the order return to base, complete the mission and then join up, or any of the few orders that you can give your wingy in LOMAC.

The way I always look at it is , once I give him an order I dont expect to see him again ..... ever :D . Its kind of a ugly truth for Lock On that this game as well as the AI have a mind of their own. Having said that I have had my wingy (AI) land with me in formation but it was one of those strange moments that you never have any control over ... nor can you ever figure out how to do it again. But the above is my best explanation for it so it is possible but not probable ... hehe. Good luck bud:thumbup:

If all else fails have someone fly with you. If you cant find anyone give me a buzz ... Ill fly with ya.

Tex

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just my 2 cents

have him vector to the airfield, then fly his wing into touchdown. (this is good only if you are good at formations.)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Hey hey! That's me Scott291992

Ya, I asked the a similar question, and i basically suggested what cosmonaut said.

Thanks cosmonaut!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

If you aim to land on the absolute edge of the runway then he should land with you. I have made it happen a couple of times. More challenging (as I am rubbish at formation flying) and fun is ordering him to land, then flying on his wing. A real blast if you can do it without flying so close that you scare him into going around.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

I guess I'll try to fly his wing next time. Byut then I have another question. To stay behind him and to maintain a visual on him, obviously I will be below the glideslope. Is this what happen in real world formation flying? Or will the lead fly slightly above the glide path so his wingmen can use it?

If you have Track IR keep looking at him as well as keeping your A/C all the way toward the outside edge of the runway, and he'll land right behind you... And if you give your bird enough brake you can get him to pass you.. Its cool to follow him to the parking area or where ever you've been assigned to in the editor..

And if you have enough juice in your system and you have the heat blur enabled the immersion is the best there is in these virtual Sky's...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

The AI has to be the Lead Ship when doing this... Fly its wing keeping in mind a good vis reference point. Keep your energy state in check... It's best to fly on the brake that way you will have a high power setting but able to slow down with the AI...

If you fly the same config as the AI you will overtake it when it changes config.

When the AI goes Gear down / Flaps Down it will slow quickly to landing speed... If you lag in your config...you will more then likely start hamming it up trying to stay on speed with the AI. That's why it's best to fly on the brake.

In this case you will have to predict what the AI is going to do ahead of time..

Good Luck

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Just stay on the glideslope & your side of the runway & if he's in your wing & your flight he should land with you every time.

Its all in the approach. If you fly the AI landing approach (speed, alt. and sink rate) he will land with you.

is this ok?

Like he said - for the Su-25 (maybe everything) 250 km/h, on the glide slope, follow the needles, control speed with attitude, alt with thrust, your side of the strip....

Pretty sure you don't need to start from the start of the glide path, as long as you're settled at the right speed, & slope by the time you get to the runway.

Cheers.