Hawk T1A : VOR and ADF Radio navigation ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried some nav in the Hawk. Loaded up the Practice aerobatics instant mission. Started in Mozdok. Tuned to Batumi Tacan (16X) . Total distance of approx 166 miles. Could pick up the morse code while on the ground at Mozdok, but green needle pointed to the right until about 120 miles from Batumi, when it started pointing to Batumi. Quite confusing. Is that the way it's supposed to work ?

Oh, and in Chuck's guide it says that the Hawk in game cannot track VOR beacons, but the first leg in the Navigation instant mission in Nevada requires you to fly to a VOR beacon. I tried that but got no steering indication . So, can it track VOR or can't it ?

B

Edited by bengo

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

A reply was posted on facebook today :

Hey Guys,

A word from the developer to clear up a few mis-information posts on the ED forums about the Hawk.

The Hawk in DCS does currently have TACAN, VOR and ILS Navigation which is the staple for any modern day trainer in military use.

There is also a ground based taxi-around-the-runway mission in Training on Caucasus map that shows you how to use the nav radios and HSI indicators.

We also have a NavEx mission in the Nevada map, included in the module, along with a time-on-target mission (short flight and long flight) which again you can use navaids for if you wish to.

We also have modelled terrain masking, so if you're behind the mountain as an example, you'll lose the beacon.

The flight manual with the module is very detailed on how to use the radio navigation.

It has been reported currently (mid August 2018) that the radio nav isn't working with the latest patch which we are looking into. That said, all of the above functionality is coded into the module and will be available when the bug is fixed.

The Grim Reapers also recently put out a YouTube video on the Hawk weapons functionality and how to use it (graphics are the old cockpit):

I hope this helps clear some things up.

Thanks,

Chris.

Edited by bengo

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Chris,

let me know if you need any info on my install, or if you want me to test anything.

B