F404 Spool Times?

HawkDCS

Agree, this would be a huge improvement on how it currently. Hopefully it can be addressed?  I don't agree with Skysurfer, it's very tricky to fly around it, when especially in the groove, when fractions of a second make a huge difference to your position.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

3 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Agree, this would be a huge improvement on how it currently. Hopefully it can be addressed?  I don't agree with Skysurfer, it's very tricky to fly around it, when especially in the groove, when fractions of a second make a huge difference to your position.

Don't know. Done just fine around the boat with the way it is.

On 6/8/2020 at 1:18 AM, mtpiperpilot said:

I concur there's an issue with the spool time. It's a little longer than it should be (6-7 sec, when it should be 3-5 sec), and this is according to Hornet pilots, NATOPS, and real life videos. No wonder it's so hard to trap on the boat.

Here's an interesting video.

Engine test, and then the pilot brings both throttles back to idle, and then immediately full burner. Takes 3.58 seconds for the right engine to get to full AB, probably because it was still spooled up from the test. And 5.54 for the left engine, which was truly at idle.

by my estimation... looks like ED nailed it to me.

Edited by Banzaiib

• 4 months later...

@BIGNEWY- I noticed "Refined engine response." was included in the Hornet patch notes for 2.7.6.12852. 

Are you able to elaborate on what parameters were changed and whether this was in response to analyses provided earlier in this thread?

I hadn't flown the Hornet for a couple of months, but subjectively it feels slightly more responsive to throttle inputs and am having an easier time catching the 3-wire (although could be to do with mostly flying warbirds recently!).

Thanks

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I also would be interested in knowing more. 

It seems the engines are somewhat more responsive, but it still takes woo long to go full A/B and from full A/B to idle takes several seconds. 

It seems there has been an improvement in spool time but not in A/B light-off time.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

17 hours ago, bkthunder said:

I also would be interested in knowing more. 

It seems the engines are somewhat more responsive, but it still takes woo long to go full A/B and from full A/B to idle takes several seconds. 

It seems there has been an improvement in spool time but not in A/B light-off time.

Idem