Trouble getting TrackIR 4 to respond in-game

Hi,

I bought TrackIR 4 from eDimensional but am having some trouble getting it to work inside Lomac. I have version 1.12a installed.

I have tried to search in the forums, but I get the impression that all it takes for TrackIR to work inside the game is to run the TrackIR software and then start up Lomac.

The first thing I did was to create a profile, which I called LockOn. I assigned the profile to the Lock On: Modern Air Combat title, and made sure that the TrackIR responded to my head movement by selecting View->Heads. It worked fine.

I start up Lomac (or Flaming Cliffs if you like), start a training mission, take control by clicking Ctrl-Q, and ... nothing happens. I can still move my view by operating the hat switch on my X-52, but the TrackIR does not respond to my head movement at all.

I have tried to see if there is some option in the game that I have to edit in order to activate the TrackIR, but have failed to find an obvious big blue button :-)

So now I turn to my fellow forum-lurchers, in hope of some guidance. :-)

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

... and I forgot to add that both the green and blue LEDs are on when I use the menus in Lomac. However, when I click on the FLY button in order to start the training mission, the blue LED is turned off. It never comes back on again while the training mission is running.

Should the Blue LED always be on while I'm flying?

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

1.12a introduced a supremely annoying bug that basically kills the tracker if you change (and possibly even open) any of your configurations or options.

If you click on the options button in the main menu-

open the lock on installation folder

go to the "input" and "config" folders locate & delete the files named track IR and then close it all up and restart the sim.

close lockon, close trackir,

then go to the lockon folder/config and delete the trackir file

and the delete the trackir file in the input folder.

start trackir and then start lockon - should be working now

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

Ahh, thanks for the tips. I deleted the two ini-files as you suggested, restarted both TrackIR and Flaming Cliffs, and now the Blue LED was on the whole time.

Man, is this little technological thing a wonder or what?! I mean, it is cool when you see people using the TrackIR in their home-made videos, but the experience is just awesome when you realize that the sim follows YOUR head movement.

Ok, gotta calm down. Breath in and out, in and out. Ahh, blood pressure going from critical to normal level. :D

Thanks again for your help. I'm sure that Lock on will be like a new game again. The only thing that could make this day even better is if Flaming Cliffs supported all 6 directions, like Black Shark will do. That 3D cockpit which has been shown off in the videos we have seen so far is really cool. Can't wait to try that one out. Maybe I'll reinstall the old EECH game, just to try out the 6DOF support :-)

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Argh! I forgot to ask if this TrackIR bug has been fixed in the latest patch (1.12b). I should install it if that is the case. Well, I should probably just install the latest patch anyway...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

No, The TrackIR bug is fixed in 1.12b I believe.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Argh! I forgot to ask if this TrackIR bug has been fixed in the latest patch (1.12b). I should install it if that is the case. Well, I should probably just install the latest patch anyway...

Do you have Vista, then then bug is fixed!!

But i heard there are some problems after installing 1.12b on XP!!!

The patch (1.12b) was ment for Vista though.

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

But i heard there are some problems after installing 1.12b on XP!!!

None here.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

By the way find me at HL than I can give you the best Trackir Lock-On Profile because default profiles is a crap.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

I loaded up Lock On last night and couldn't get track ir to work. I deleted both track ir files and still got nothing. After 15 minutes of troubleshooting I figured out I wasn't wearing my damn hat.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

I loaded up Lock On last night and couldn't get track ir to work. I deleted both track ir files and still got nothing. After 15 minutes of troubleshooting I figured out I wasn't wearing my damn hat.

LMAO!!! That's about as bad as me- I was trying to practice gunzo- (which is bad enough) but my track kept quitting on me. Took me about 15 minutes of squinting before I realized that the bright sun shining into the room was somewhat distracting to the camera..

LMAO!!! That's about as bad as me- I was trying to practice gunzo- (which is bad enough) but my track kept quitting on me. Took me about 15 minutes of squinting before I realized that the bright sun shining into the room was somewhat distracting to the camera..

Stupid BOB...:mad:

By the way find me at HL than I can give you the best Trackir Lock-On Profile because default profiles is a crap.

I've never flown online, and I believe that the temperature in Hell will decrease by approximately 3 degrees Celcius before that happens. I'm going to be honest with you: I'm pure crap when it comes to flying, mostly due to the fact that I take these long breaks away from the game, and then have to learn most of it over again when I pick it up 4 months later.

Right now I can't seem to remember how I configured my X-52 profile. :joystick:

Is there some other way in which I can get hold of your profile? It would be interesting to compare it with the one I'm using now. :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Ha ha ha!! :lol:

Is this an side effect from using TrackIR4 too much that I should expect any time soon? :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Remember to turn Trueview off in your LOMAC TIR Profile so that you can use the Z zoom axis whilst looking away from centre.

I'll try to remember that when I come home tomorrow. It sounds like a useful tip :thumbup:

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

I have Windows XP , and installed the 1.12b Patch , and for me the TrackIR Bug is fixed !! (i have Flamming Cliffs Web Download) , only Walmis F-15 needs to be reinstalled after 1.12b patch .

Hey, sounds good :thumbup:

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

I have Windows XP , and installed the 1.12b Patch , and for me the TrackIR Bug is fixed !! (i have Flamming Cliffs Web Download) , only Walmis F-15 needs to be reinstalled after 1.12b patch .

Are you saying that after you change some setting in options menu in game you don't eventually loose TrackIR again and you don't need to delete the 2 files?

No longer active in DCS...

That's a pity because if you go online,find the people who you think are doing something interesting and aproach them and ask them to teach the tools of the trade, they just might, and they might teach you more and faster than you can imagine :)

I've never flown online, and I believe that the temperature in Hell will decrease by approximately 3 degrees Celcius before that happens. I'm going to be honest with you: I'm pure crap when it comes to flying, mostly due to the fact that I take these long breaks away from the game, and then have to learn most of it over again when I pick it up 4 months later.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda