Problem with training mission 10

arturojgt

Hi to everyone.

I’m having problem to set the third waypoint in the basic training mission 10. I reach this third waypoint at 12000 feet but the instructor always tell me that I’m at the wrong altitude. Any suggestions?

Thank you all.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Edited by arturojgt

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

12000' above ground level or sea level?

Hi feelfofum, I use the barometric altitud from TC at takeoff. The first two waypoints the instructor said “well done” so the altitude and locations are correct but not in the third.

It could be one of several 12,000's:

AGL

Barometric-QNH

Barometric-QFE

Barometric-QNE

True

Which mission is "10"?

Hi Fredert, I’m using the barometric altititude given by CT at takeoff, is the 10 mission of the Basic Flight Training from Maple Flag.

Hi Fredert, I’m using the barometric altititude given by CT at takeoff, is the 10 mission of the Basic Flight Training from Maple Flag.

Then you're using QFE. A-10 shouldn't use QFE.

Noone should use QFE unless you are doing aerobatics or takeoff and landing training. If you move few miles away from the runway, you should set QNH, and if you climb above transitional height you should set standard altimeter. But maybe, if previous tasks of this mission are correct and the last is wrong, in this case it's simply a bug.

• 2 months later...
It’s a bug, there is a thread about it in the maple flag mod campaign in this forum. Thank you.

Did you find out the altitude to get a well done! I can't find the thread you refer to.:pilotfly:

I think he refers to this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3656577#post3656577

I'm stuck at mission 5 because of the altitude "bug".

Regards

Kal

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN