Replay Track

jwflowersii

So I love this simulator, but what is the point of the replay track if I can't even get around the carrier pattern once before it completely goes bonkers and shows me crashing which I never did. It would be nice to actually have accurate replay tracks.

I have the same issue lol

A brilliant mission that goes off without a hitch. Once I go back to view the track it always flies me into a structure or something similar that never happened in game.

Callsign: Buddha :thumbup:

AMD FX-8350 8-Core, 4.2GHZ, Radeon R-9 380X 4GB, 16GB RAM

Avoid playing the track at higher than 4x speed.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Avoid playing the track at higher than 4x speed.

While this will increase your chance for a successful track playback it by no means guarantees it.

Other suggestions include keeping unit count low, limit the amount of times you switch views and limit the length of the track to <10 minutes or so. Even doing all that I’ve never once had a successful playback of a carrier trap. Not one.

The truth is that tracks are broken no matter what, always have been, and presumably always will be since in 15 years there’s never been any hint from ED that they plan on fixing the playback system.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

The truth is that tracks are broken no matter what, always have been, and presumably always will be since in 15 years there’s never been any hint from ED that they plan on fixing the playback system.

This depends a lot on the airplane. E.g. I've never experienced any track problems with the TF-51, the F-5 and the F/A-18 (non-carrier ops) even when pausing the replay, using time acceleration etc. (single player only)

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

This depends a lot on the airplane. E.g. I've never experienced any track problems with the TF-51, the F-5 and the F/A-18 (non-carrier ops) even when pausing the replay, using time acceleration etc. (single player only)

Personally I haven’t experienced aircraft-specific track reliability. F-5 and F-18 will both break equally often for me. I’ve definitely seen the occasional forum post from people claiming that they’ve never experienced a broken track ever. Sure, I guess it’s possible.

All I know is with nearly 15 years of ED product experience over three computer builds, tracks have never worked reliably for me.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

While this will increase your chance for a successful track playback it by no means guarantees it.

On my case, tracks mostly play fine, with the notable exception of the Viggen ... the Viggen is impossible to have on a track unless it starts on the air, end even so.

This Tutorial helped me a lot with the playback of my tracks, I leave it here in case you want to take a look at it:

qsBjzqjBeFI

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On my case, tracks mostly play fine, with the notable exception of the Viggen ... the Viggen is impossible to have on a track unless it starts on the air..

Confirmed. Even a simply traffic pattern will not replay correctly, but it's still better than the MiG-21 which usually crashes already on takeoff during the replay ;)

edit: Haven't tried to watch a Viggen replay since a few patches ago and it seems that something has changed.

I've done now 3 consecutive flights with high alpha aerobatics etc. and each replay was a precise replica of the actual flight :)

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

• 1 year later...

Hello

Some questions about replay track .. something I found is if I use dcs bios to make input in the F18 track is not usable it's like if all inputs from dcs bios are not seen ok I can understand

So I try without DCS bios better but far away from ''good'' i will say. So I try some more tips

start a mission in multiplayer in a privater server and then repla it ! but I can see all airplane except mine is that normal ?? because in this video it seems to work