[Logbook] Adding more french squadrons

33-DFTC

Hello,

I didn't know exactly where to create this thread as this is somewhat related to the DCS wishlist topic. But as Razbam made the M2000-C and they are working with the 2/5 Ile de France, I was wondering if Razbam could add some french squadrons for the Mirage in DCS to let the players choose them in their logbook (at least the 2/5 patch, right ?)

At the moment there are only a few of them and if I'm not mistaken they're only for helos pilots.

Thank you !

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

• 4 months later...

Considering the Mirage 2000-C flew for many years in several Escadrons de Chasse since the 80's I think it's safe to add a few patches of these E/C. I fly mainly in 80's, early 90's settings and I'd like to add a little extra to my logbook.

The current logbook has a lot of squadron patches no longer in service in the US Air Force/Navy, or even squadron patches of non flyable aircrafts, still they are available to players.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Well, I guess they're not going to add something like that.

In French Air Force are a few 'Escadre' which have M2000C.

Today only EC 2/5 is using Mirage 2000C. But 124 were built and in the past served in:

Mont de Marsan (FAF test squadron)

- EC 24/118 then EC 5/330 Cote d'Argent

Dijon

- EC 1/2 Cigognes

- EC 2/2 Cote d'Or

Orange:

- EC 1/5 Vendée

- EC 2/5 Ile de France

- EC 3/5 Comtat Venaissin,

Cambrai:

- EC 1/12 Cambrésis

- EC 2/12 Picardie

Overseas squadron: Djibouti

- EC 4/33 Vexing then EC 3/11 Corse

So 11 squadrons used the type.

All were Mirage 2000C RDI, excepted Dijon squadrons which were the first with Mirage 2000C RDM, and then upgraded to Mirage 2000-5F.

Mirage 2000-5F were former Mirage 2000C RDI from other disbanded squadrons.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi