Landings....Question.

I have noticed that as soon as I touchdown the aircrafts nose goes up a little bit,not much,then sometimes I get it just right,rear wheels first then slowly the nose gear touches the runway.I know that if you bounce you are probably going too fast.But in my case I touch down (rear wheels),and the nose moves up a bit,then it slowly touches the runway.Am I doing something wrong?I cant get the landing tutorial(Ironhand) to run probably cause Im using Modman 5,So I kinda had to develope my own technique,Im probably doin a few things wrong but I get to bring the bird home safely.Any ideas???:pilotfly:

No you're not doing anything wrong. That side effect just due to the flight model being screwed up during the scriped landings. With time you'll get used to it and get better at making the landings look and act more realistic.

Althlon X2 6400+ 3.2 ghz

EVGA 8800GT SC - 512mb

X-45

MOMO pedals

No, its just the transition between air flight modeling and the scripted ground modeling. I wouldnt worry too much, LOMAC landings are very forgiving anyway.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

'forgiving...'

The landings in LO are totally scripted and easy (forgiving is dead on).

Except...

for the AFM Frogs...

There you have a real landing feeling, tire bouncing, sidewind fighting and flightsimulationblessing...

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

The landings of non AFM planes are a bit scripted (way less than in original Lock on) but, at least I dont get bounced up 20 metters in the air with a 20 tons plane just to brake the gear on the second fall. Or to get a bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy landing when the plane is jumping higher and higher and the speed is lower and lower till you explode on the final touchdown. Yes, you guessed right... I was talking about IL-2 :P... great game anyway.

In Lock on if you try to make a good landing you will get one... scripted o not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

It's an apparent bug in the SFM - high AOA behavior, where the aircraft continues to pitch UP despite decreasing airspeed and increasing AOA. It happens with all SFM aircraft. It would appear that you're landing the aircraft right at this point. Carrying an extra 3knots or so at touchdown will prevent this. Is this realistic? Nope. Nevertheless, you can continue doing what you're doing, just be aware of the tendency and push the stick forward to prevent scraping the burner cans in pointy jets (Eagle, Flanker, Fulcrum).