Jump to content

Cockpit art errors


DDSSTT
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have finished the painting works and actually the piece is a replica of the original, I have been able to access to photos of the original piece in the spanish hornet, this is the result:
 
If @Eagle Dynamics accepts it for inclusion in the F/A-18C hornet module as standard I will be happy to share it.
 
Screen_210524_154217.thumb.png.68d5e5cccc53e3373957ba68b80d41f5.pngScreen_210524_154211.thumb.png.2b9da3629dca6d0f31ec80d5f4d8fd29.png
 
Screen_210524_154243.thumb.png.f8b163137945cde468d7eb9a38617b80.png
Screen_210524_154230.thumb.png.5908bf2e758bfa996ad3277847b26ed4.png
Screen_210524_154445.thumb.png.96e36f2d6cecc09d85165e6a7301edd4.png
Excellent work!
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

1197644828_Screen_200911_044202-Copy.png.74d8c09ee9060cffd7408a75ab2c13ef.png

HP Reverb G2, Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum

F/A-18C, AV-8B, JF-17, A-10C (C II), M-2000C, F-16C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Amazing work @Ala12Rv-Muscat.

It looks like the back of the rocket motor is grey.

If you check my Mod, you can find the location of that texture. 

I hope ED does something with it.

 

F/A-18C HORNET pit V1.54 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)


Edited by Bummer
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2021 at 4:55 PM, Ala12Rv-Muscat said:

I have finished the painting works and actually the piece is a replica of the original, I have been able to access to photos of the original piece in the spanish hornet, this is the result:

 

If @Eagle Dynamics accepts it for inclusion in the F/A-18C hornet module as standard I will be happy to share it.

 

Screen_210524_154217.pngScreen_210524_154211.png

 

Screen_210524_154243.png

Screen_210524_154230.png

Screen_210524_154445.png

Good job.

  • Like 1

A-10C Warthog / A-10C II Tank Killer / F-15C / SU-33 / AV-8B Harrier / F-16C Viper / AJS-37 Viggen / Persian Gulf / F/A-18C Hornet

Syria

alpiinoo_signature.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I have found several bugs in the cockpit textures, noticiable from the F2 external view. I hope ED will fix these details in the not too distant future.

Sin título-2.jpg

Sin título-3.jpg

 

_______________________________________

 

i7 5930k @ 3.50 Ghz ■ Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 @ 2800Mhz ■ MSI Godlike X99A ■ Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080Ti OC 11GB GDDR5X ■ VIRPIL Mongoos T-50 base + 2x VIRPIL Desk Mounts ■ Thrustmaster F/A-18C Grip ■ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ■ WINWING SUPERTAURUS Throttle ■ WINWING Take-off & Combat Ready panels ■ Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals ■ HP Reverb G2 ■ 3x Thrustmaster MFD

Sin-ttulo-3-zpskg9bm6js.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-Muscat said:

I have found several bugs in the cockpit textures, noticiable from the F2 external view. I hope ED will fix these details in the not too distant future.

 

 

The external cockpit model isn't really the focus of this thread.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/

Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2021 at 11:44 PM, Tholozor said:

The external cockpit model isn't really the focus of this thread.

as far as I know the title of this forum thread is "COCKPIT ART ERRORS" I am posting in the right place mate 😉


Edited by Ala12Rv-Muscat
  • Like 1

 

_______________________________________

 

i7 5930k @ 3.50 Ghz ■ Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 @ 2800Mhz ■ MSI Godlike X99A ■ Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080Ti OC 11GB GDDR5X ■ VIRPIL Mongoos T-50 base + 2x VIRPIL Desk Mounts ■ Thrustmaster F/A-18C Grip ■ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ■ WINWING SUPERTAURUS Throttle ■ WINWING Take-off & Combat Ready panels ■ Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals ■ HP Reverb G2 ■ 3x Thrustmaster MFD

Sin-ttulo-3-zpskg9bm6js.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Muscat said:

as far as I know the title of this forum thread is "COCKPIT ART ERRORS" so i think you are wrong...

 

And yet almost every post in here is in regards to the internal cockpit model. You're free to believe what you want though, but generally the cockpit model and external model are considered two different things. The exterior model isn't meant to be super high-fidelity like the internal model, considering at almost no point during regular gameplay are you going to be able to pick out those fine details at a distance.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/

Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

And yet almost every post in here is in regards to the internal cockpit model. You're free to believe what you want though, but generally the cockpit model and external model are considered two different things. The exterior model isn't meant to be super high-fidelity like the internal model, considering at almost no point during regular gameplay are you going to be able to pick out those fine details at a distance.

first, as I said the title of this thread does not specify if it is a thread dedicated to the internal or external model, secondly, we know that the external cockpit model is less detailed but it does not mean that it has no errors, I'm trying to offer my help like the rest, you can give your opinion but that does not mean that you are right just because you say it. if you don't appreciate the details no matter how small they are maybe this is not your kind of simulator the rest of us are interested in this kind of things that make DCS what it is today, if you haven't noticed this thread is about that.


Edited by Ala12Rv-Muscat

 

_______________________________________

 

i7 5930k @ 3.50 Ghz ■ Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 @ 2800Mhz ■ MSI Godlike X99A ■ Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080Ti OC 11GB GDDR5X ■ VIRPIL Mongoos T-50 base + 2x VIRPIL Desk Mounts ■ Thrustmaster F/A-18C Grip ■ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ■ WINWING SUPERTAURUS Throttle ■ WINWING Take-off & Combat Ready panels ■ Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals ■ HP Reverb G2 ■ 3x Thrustmaster MFD

Sin-ttulo-3-zpskg9bm6js.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ala12Rv-Muscat said:

first, as I said the title of this thread does not specify if it is a thread dedicated to the internal or external model, secondly, we know that the external cockpit model is less detailed but it does not mean that it has no errors, I'm trying to offer my help like the rest, you can give your opinion but that does not mean that you are right just because you say it.

All I said was that the external cockpit wasn't the focus of the thread. Whether or not your post is considered valid is not my problem. Just letting you know for later if in 6 months nothing has been changed, make sure to set your expectations accordingly.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/

Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

All I said was that the external cockpit wasn't the focus of the thread. 

there is no focus of the thread mate, this thread is for reporting art bugs related to the booth in general. there is nothing that makes it specific...

 

12 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

Whether or not your post is considered valid is not my problem.

that's what I think too...

 

12 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

Just letting you know for later if in 6 months nothing has been changed, make sure to set your expectations accordingly.

my expectations are my business, you worry about yours.


Edited by Ala12Rv-Muscat

 

_______________________________________

 

i7 5930k @ 3.50 Ghz ■ Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 @ 2800Mhz ■ MSI Godlike X99A ■ Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080Ti OC 11GB GDDR5X ■ VIRPIL Mongoos T-50 base + 2x VIRPIL Desk Mounts ■ Thrustmaster F/A-18C Grip ■ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ■ WINWING SUPERTAURUS Throttle ■ WINWING Take-off & Combat Ready panels ■ Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals ■ HP Reverb G2 ■ 3x Thrustmaster MFD

Sin-ttulo-3-zpskg9bm6js.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2021 at 10:01 AM, FewerHades15199 said:

Red and yellow on AoA indexer are swapped. It's correct color when it lights up though. Weird. Red light lights up yellow and yellow light lights up red. Anyway, On-speed shouldn't be red

 

20210502072538_1.jpg

1149754552_AoAIndexersCompared.jpg.5776925a0f858a745cb622fd43e02c5d.jpg

 

Try to lower the brightness and i think it stays yellow.

 

Portugal

Col. Bruno "Fonzie" F. (on DCS)

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

 

"About carrier ops: The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

 

PC: I7 4790K 4.5ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO x56 | SSD´s | Valve Index.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...