[MERGED] AI Aircraft Flight Characteristics

Can't say for sure when this started, (don't recall seeing it prior to the last couple of patch cycles) but in four-ship AI formations, each aircraft behind the leader is flying a progressively worse version of the funky chicken to stay in formation or to follow the leader.

By that I mean that as you step through the formation using the F2 Key, each plane is flying in a progressively more exaggerated slip to keep their velocity vectors pointed to the inside of the turn but they are wings level instead of flying banked and carving the arc of the turn. By the time you get out to #4 in a spread formation, it's literally flying sideways. Rather than roll and pitch to maneuver, they will sometimes just pivot on their vertical or horizontal axis instead of employing the proper pitch, roll or yaw maneuvers.

AI have become the DCS version of the Mustangs in "Red Tails" which kind of blows out the simulation mojo.

I'm surprised that none of the regular "Movie Makers" haven't caught this already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

relating to unknown physics you are unfortunately not very special :noexpression:

experienced such things a few days ago while flying in a SP mission with a AI wingmen on the Viggen ...

didn't see such behaviour in Tornado (25 years ago), nor in any other sim ... a little shame IMHO ...

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

What, you're wanting a personal acknowledgement, especially when this appears to be in the wrong sub-forum? The other fellow posted it as well, in a more appropriate location.

It's also possible it's not widely spread, and you two are experiencing an anomaly caused by additional factors you're also both a bit lacking on information as to whether it's every flight, only occasionally, etc, that would help with diagnosing a problem. Youtube videos are excellent, but posting the usual logs probably would assist also.

There are dozens, if not hundreds of bugs, great and small all through the game. Don't get your panties in a wad because the devs haven't popped in on yours yet.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The AI is terribad on all aspects in this sim. From the point of SP. Instead of more maps and modules I woild love a serious overhaul of the AI. I am mostly a SP-player so the AI is the cause for my Love-Hate relation of this game.

It has been stated that the dev's are working on it but I hope the improvements come soon.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand this will be just left here, ignored. SMEs are fine with how the AI flies.

It's not being ignored.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Please Provide the Mission Used, as well as the Track File So we can re-produce internally.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

i am experiencing AI planes flying almost sideways. i build a map, say Normandy. i put a group of 4 planes to take off from parking, they start up, taxi and then take off as normal. then the lead plane banks left, the others follow, but they bank and slide.

its as if the bank angle is too high for the turn radius so they slide. dont know how to make a vid so cant post one.

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

• ED Team
i am experiencing AI planes flying almost sideways. i build a map, say Normandy. i put a group of 4 planes to take off from parking, they start up, taxi and then take off as normal. then the lead plane banks left, the others follow, but they bank and slide.

its as if the bank angle is too high for the turn radius so they slide. dont know how to make a vid so cant post one.

Saving a track file would be better anyways, as well, please supply your specs, in dxdiag form is best. We are having trouble reproducing this, so trying to figure out if there is a common link....

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png