Disk space

Please move if in the wrong spot. I'm still very new here. I'm trying to download the Nevada Test Range map and I'm getting the "not enough disk space in download folder" message. I still have 6.5GB of memory. Not sure if that's a lot or what but my last computer which isn't nearly as good as the one I have was able to handle the A10 and several other modules with no problem. I've done a disk cleanup, optimize, etc. Any other ideas? Thank you!

Nevada uses 36 GB ... so it seems to me that you need to upgrade to a bigger hard drive. Other Maps are big too: Caucasus is 16 GB, Normandy is 11.5 GB and Persian Gulf is 33 GB.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

How many times have you tried to DL Nevada? If more than once you might have more than one copy lying around in your hard drive/SSD eating up space? Also look in your DSC folder titled "downloads" for a duplicate. Your main Nevada should be in the Terrains folder.

Clevo laptop: P650HS-G, i7-7820HK 3.9Hz max (+overclock capable), Liquid Metal pasted, 16GB DDR4/2400MHz, 15.6 G-Sync 120Hz 5ms panel, nVidia GTX 1070 w/8GDDR5, 10Pro

Installed: DCS World, DCS World 2 with Nevada, F-5; Purchased: F/A-18C

Nevada uses 36 GB ... so it seems to me that you need to upgrade to a bigger hard drive. Other Maps are big too: Caucasus is 16 GB, Normandy is 11.5 GB and Persian Gulf is 33 GB.

Wow! Ok, I didn't realize it was that much. Looks like I need to upgrade then. Some people must have some crazy rigs to run this software ha

• 2 weeks later...

Disk space

Hello!

I have two SSD drives, one system drive, and one for DCS where I have both Release and Beta-version installed. I dont however have space for the Nevada map in the Beta-installation (25 gb free...), but enough free space on my system drive.

So, is it possible to have only the Beta-Nevada map moved/installed on the system drive? That would help me from having to buy yet another SSD...

I use win 7.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Edited by Maggot

I have two SSD drives, one system drive, and one for DCS where I have both Release and Beta-version installed. I dont however have space for the Nevada map in the Beta-installation (25 gb free...), but enough free space on my system drive.

So, is it possible to have only the Beta-Nevada map moved/installed on the system drive? That would help me from having to buy yet another SSD...

It is possible, using the windows command: mklink /J ... but its a bit of a hassle, a better approach would be to just keep one version of DCS, as now there is little separating OpenBeta from Stable. In my case I choose the OpenBeta and deleted the other one.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It is possible, using the windows command: mklink /J ... but its a bit of a hassle, a better approach would be to just keep one version of DCS, as now there is little separating OpenBeta from Stable. In my case I choose the OpenBeta and deleted the other one.

Worked perfectly, thanks!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk