On shutdown, DCS restarts

JimmyWA

I'm running DCS 2.5 using VIVE VR, and when I close the program - I leave the Steam VR running - the program shuts down, then restarts. This has happened randomly in the past, but now it has become more consistent (I have just updated 20th July 18 - so whether it is because of this?).

It brings up the login screen, and whereas normally I have it set to autologin, on restart, it has my username and password filled in and the save password checkbox checked, but the autologin is unchecked.

Previously, after re-login and shutdown, that would be it, it would close. Now, it shuts down and then starts again.

The only way to shut it down currently is to goto task manager and close it there.

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

I'm running DCS 2.5 using VIVE VR, and when I close the program - I leave the Steam VR running - the program shuts down, then restarts. This has happened randomly in the past, but now it has become more consistent (I have just updated 20th July 18 - so whether it is because of this?).

It brings up the login screen, and whereas normally I have it set to autologin, on restart, it has my username and password filled in and the save password checkbox checked, but the autologin is unchecked.

Previously, after re-login and shutdown, that would be it, it would close. Now, it shuts down and then starts again.

The only way to shut it down currently is to goto task manager and close it there.

I have no idea what could be causing that... but would guess it is probably something to do with stored auto login data and a bug... but i really have no clue...

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

• 2 weeks later...

Still Restarting

I ended up upgrading to Windows 10, then wiping my C; Drive and resetting completely and reinstalling DCS.

Still have the same problem. I shut down DCS, and up pops the login screen again. If I close it, then it tells me I'm continuing without logging in, and starts up DCS.

If I close it with Ctrl Alt Del, then the next time I start it, the login screen has lost all me details.

This is happening with the latest patch as of 1st August 2018.

What's frustrating is that after shutting DCS down this way, the only way to restart it is by having rebooted my PC. If I don' reboot my PC, then DCS will start up, but freezes at the screen just after the splash screen, showing half the aircraft in the hanger, but no options at all. You have to ctl alt del to close this, then restart the PC.

Edited by JimmyWA

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

• 1 year later...

+1

DCS Steam Edition OB (latest), SteamVR (beta), WMR for SteamVR (beta).

Also happened with non-beta versions before I made the switch.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

• ED Team

Hi

can you attach your dcs log it may have some clues.

Or please contact support directly with as much information as possible

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

-1 ?

I cleared out the "Logs" folder to begin testing but now DCS is behaving correctly.

Tested DCS in desktop and VR modes, exiting via main-menu and via in-flight exit options. I'll keep testing.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

I've not had DCS restart on exit for 5 days now, no idea what fixed it for me, sorry.

Dunksey

• ED Team

Strange,

If you do see it again attach your dcs log it may hold some clues

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had something similar with another PC games some years ago... check if it associated with the browser cache (clear it) and or try a different browser.!  MS is doing all sorts of stuff to intergrate 'synced' devices and being very pushy in promoting its own Edge browser and other stuff!  I use Win10 and Firefox 64 myself and resisted the M$ sync crap!

DCS bugs seem to be compounding by the day... I can but help think that there is possibly too much content and that ED needs to take stock, stop developing new stuff until some of the bugs on the old stuff is ironed out! 😞

On 1/26/2021 at 7:07 PM, Manus said:

I found a solution 😉 ! You have to click on the "door" button in the lower right corner instead of the button on the top.

Perhaps that clears the cache on exit? ^