Who wants a PIT BUILDERS forum here?

Who wants a PIT BUILDERS forum here?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants a PIT BUILDERS forum here?

• YES! YES! YES!
    • Sure it could be cool....
    • I dont care....
    • I dont really see a need for it...
    • NO! NO! NO!

SPIFFY!!! I like it...sure is a lot on one display though.... Then again, i only use touch buddy for the warn indicators, tews, and stores\payload. I use DD's profile for lovp/tb used together....

I do like the generic nature of it, and the buttons\graphics are not to "flashy" -- thats good, nice and simple on an already cluttered display.

KUDOS

m0untain6uy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

**Russian aircraft in the Colorado Rockies**

"Anytime".... your a buzzkill....:) I put NO! NO! NO! on the poll just for the sake of being complete...I didn't think anyone would actually select it...

Do you care to share with us why you are completely AGAINST a pit builders forum?

m0untain6uy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I live in the area were space is at a premium so its sort of out of the question for me ... I've maneged to set up a pit of sorts, here in my apartment without cluttering up things too much...

But I always like seeing the ingenuity that guys have used in making the hobby that much more realistic...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I live in the area were space is at a premium so its sort of out of the question for me ... I've maneged to set up a pit of sorts, here in my apartment without cluttering up things too much...

But I always like seeing the ingenuity that guys have used in making the hobby that much more realistic...

~S~

Blaze

It's good to hear that you look to the pit builders for advancemnt. It's too bad that you dont have much space. However, there are a few alternatives bor building in a limited space. I personally have an akers-barnes cockpit( http://www.62ndfightingfalcons.asn.au/projects/cockpit/cockpit.htm)

that only takes up a 3'x5' footprint. I have a full un-finished basement to play in, but I wanted that space for my other hobbies and my kiddos. So the pit was set up in a small un-finnished closet space. So I can maintain a very small footprint and STILL put all the bells and whistles on my pit.

The goal (at least in my mind) is not to try and re-create the cockpit of a specific aircraft, but just wire all the generic controls to real physical buttons / switches and to make them so accessable that the keyboard is no longer needed. Once you have that, try adding some external gauges \ tews \ stores info via TB/VP. Try to squeeze as much "Visibal / usable" data into a comfortable area as possible without over-crowding it. This REALLY increases the imersion factor. Personally, I have my area "Curtained" off so there are no external distractions. I also placed my surround sound setup in the pit, putting the sub under my seat. When I use the cannon on the a-10 and su-25, I can really "Feel" the rounds going down-range. All I need now is a track IR and then I wont even need to pan around with the hat switch on my x52. I will have it free to assign to OTHER functions. Once you are comfortable with the immersive quality of your pit, paint it up, decorate it, make it FEEL like an airplane. I keep a knee-board with a flight log and maps. I log EVERY flight I make, no matter how mundane. When you "speak with the ATC prior to taxi and take-off, really speak to them. It might sound strange to the people around you, but once again, it increases the realism. a good pit can take up VERY little space, be Cost effective, and truely enrich your gaming experience.

There are all sorts of people interested it and building cockpits, ranging from the guy who just wants to build something cool, to the folks like me who used to be REAL pilots and can no longer fly (medical disqualification)... You just need to find your motivation, and a method that works for you, space wise, time wise, and cost wise.

:pilotfly: :music_whistling: :joystick:

m0untain6uy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]