Announcement:LO_LCD V1.0 is out !!!

Hello everyone !

Maxim Lysak (Mnemonic) who have made the magnificent LOVP (!!!) and myself were working recently on "some project..." curious ?!:music_whistling:

It started this way:

Iv'e been looking for a way to have the flight data displayed on another monitor. using this forum - I got myself familiar with Maxim's LOVP.

Iv'e been using it for a while and thought of something different...

(patience... you'll see it soon...)

I wanted a simple, cost effective way to get this data displayed.

After a while I contacted Maxim and we have discussed about having the information displayed over a LED matrixes,how to make and build customized,low cost and practical gauges ...and then I got the idea that we could simply use a simple LCD display to have the information in the best way. It wouldn't look like a real cockpit panel ,but hey !!! I will help me get more bogies... (it defenetly does....:pilotfly: )

Maxim liked the idea and we have started investigating over the right materials (both soft&hard wear's to work with).

I managed to design and build the circuit in about a week and just days after, Maxim has the first Beta version of "driver" for it and after some "difficulties" - it finally workd !!!

HERE !

49029504bb0.jpg

A few days later, after some testing and re-furnishing minor bugs, we wrote some documentation for it...

It will instruct you all the way to have this device ready and working...

Kind'a like a DIY guide... hey ! it is a DIY guide....

You will find all you need for it in the following compressed file.

(except for a freeware program names LCD smartie, which you'll need to download by yourself...)

Good news No 1.

You can test it even before you buil the hardware part - since the is a simulator of the screen displayed as it would in the real one...)

Good news No 2.

You may use it over wide area of purposes... such as Winamp display,networks info and much,much more....

Investigate about it...

Good new's No 3.

You should build this device one time and by updating the "driver" or

"plug - in " you may customize it. it would be an updating device...

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/157955/lo-lcd-v10-zip.html

I dont know much about web hosting services, so I'm sorry if it too slow or such. ill upload it to more then one source...

Stay tuned for further development and give ideas for creating them...

:thumbup:

79388577sn9.jpg

You're still here ?!

:pilotfly: away to get these parts and start working so you could :joystick: like

:thumbup: ...

Greetings !

Nir and Maxim

Nir Bar

"Schredder"

"In the warrior code there's no surrender,

though his body says stop,his spirit cries...

NEVER !!!"

Glad that Nir started this thread! :)

Tomorrow I start this at Russian forum.

We have done a nice part of work together :)

Pics are very big, so I changed it to less sizes:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Soon this util and manual "how to build your own LCD" will be also released in lockonfiles.com

• Like 1

Awesome work +1

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Awesome work man!! I used to be a MS Flightsim enthusiest...Now while I did recover from this "ailment", I do miss the vast ammount of external "accessories" available for fs2004. If guys like you keep up with the custom development, lomac will soon rival fs2004 / fsx in the "bells and whistles" category....

WooHoo!!! damned fine work!

m0untain6uy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

**Russian aircraft in the Colorado Rockies**

shredder,

most impressive, very well done.

from an idea to a realized end product, you must be very happy.

Q: the lower line says LRPM, LRPM, i take it this is L & R engine speed in %.

so should that be LRPM,RRPM ?

minor typo's aside,

i have to agree with mountainguy,

all this additional external stuff is wonderful :)

lcd's, VP instruments, TB touchscreens + tews, love it all :thumbup:

i don't know how you guys figure it all out, i have enough trouble making them work, let alone creating these awesome addons.

full respect:smartass:

Shredder, mnemonic, Does it just work with the matrix 4x20 ? or can I use ANYTHING that lcd smartie can drive? just curious...I was just over at the lcd smartie page, and it said that usind palmorb, I can emulate a matrix 4x20 on an old palm device....I just happen to have a couple of old palm pilot's laying around......I also have access to several OTHER lcd's that are supported by lcd smartie. Also, can you change the data that is displayed on the screen? Like pull OTHER stats? My mind is spinning with ideas and my soldering iron is starting to call my name!!

m0untain6uy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some answers...

ggg87,

These pic's were taken on early stages of plug - in development.

Miss - type has been fixed since then.

mountainguy,

The plug - in is specifically made for this 4X20 LCD screen.

if you managed to get a PALM or anything on you mind that would mimic this screen - YOU'RE ON !

You may also try to experience a bit with LCD smartie and its configuration.

Try the screen Emulator before you hook up any equiptment. If it work on the emulator - most odds it would work on the real stuff...

Thank for everyone for their supporting feedback !

Cheers !

• Like 1

Nir Bar

"Schredder"

NEVER !!!"

Thanks alot! Hope we can make even more empressive things in future! :)

What about other params on the screen, at this version only this params available. But if output of other params in "text"-form needed, I can upgrade software.

Thanks alot! Hope we can make even more empressive things in future! :)

What about other params on the screen, at this version only this params available. But if output of other params in "text"-form needed, I can upgrade software.

I already use your VP, so the data currently displayed, short of the fuel counter, would be redundant. NOT that this is a bad thing. I think that this is a HUGE step in a GREAT direction.

It would be nice to have a Chaff/Flare counter, ammo counter (cannon), etc...

An even BETTER idea, would it be possible to export the munitions\pylon data (like in touchbuddy) to a 4x40 lcd ??

How about MULTIPLE LCD's ? one for the data you have already exported, one for consumable (chaff/flare/ammo/fuel) and one for Munitions\Pylon ?

2 4x20's for the first two, and a 4x40 for the latter?

:pilotfly:

m0untain6uy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I already use your VP, so the data currently displayed, short of the fuel counter, would be redundant. NOT that this is a bad thing. I think that this is a HUGE step in a GREAT direction.

It would be nice to have a Chaff/Flare counter, ammo counter (cannon), etc...

An even BETTER idea, would it be possible to export the munitions\pylon data (like in touchbuddy) to a 4x40 lcd ??

How about MULTIPLE LCD's ? one for the data you have already exported, one for consumable (chaff/flare/ammo/fuel) and one for Munitions\Pylon ?

2 4x20's for the first two, and a 4x40 for the latter?

:pilotfly:

:)

Now I see - we have many work to do!

I'm still working on LOVP, so, I think - after adding new gauges in LOVP, I will add LCD output support of their values.

P.S.

Munitions\Pylon - is very very good Idea... I think of it! ;)

I am not a programmer, I am not an artist, however I am damn doog with hardware and network components...I'm not too shabby with a soldering iron either.... If there is ANYTHING I can do to help with this process, let me know. I think that if us cockpit builder types keep working together, we can make GREAT things happen with lomac....

m0untain6uy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sure

I am not a programmer, I am not an artist, however I am damn doog with hardware and network components...I'm not too shabby with a soldering iron either.... If there is ANYTHING I can do to help with this process, let me know. I think that if us cockpit builder types keep working together, we can make GREAT things happen with lomac....

Tottaly agree on that one !

What if ... lets say... There was a way of displaying some data over numeric display. such as CHAFF ,FLARES ENGINES rpm AND stuff ?!

One thing is for sure. of my point of view we need to make these things of common components so everyone could get, for reasonable price so everyone could afford and they should be easy to built so anyone could make them.

The main concept is not a REAL LOOKING COCKPIT but more like an accessories which would help us get the most whith little as possible.

LO_LCD was developed under the main idea of bulding the hardware and once you have it ready - you may fiddle a bit with the software to bring it to suit your needs.

for EXAMPLE;

I dont think I need to know my fuel level at a dog fight more then I need my speed or AOA. so what if we could make lets say,

A MODE SWITCH which in his turn will show us whatever we like over a specific cut of time or it could change automatically by time and such...

What do you say ?!

Nir Bar

"Schredder"

NEVER !!!"

Once again, great idea!

Have you guys looked at any of the io-device hardware that is available?

such as IOCARDS from http://www.opencockpits.com

Or Phidgets http://www.trossenrobotics.com/HCIcatalogue.aspx (supplier)

http://www.phidgets.com/ (manufacturer)

I personally have used phidgets with fs2004 with GREAT results...I am SURE that we can make GREAT use of them with lomac.

They have a development library available for SEVERAL programming languages. Now, I am NO programmer, but it cant imagine that it would be TOO hard to get the phidgets cards to read values directly from export.lua..... If they have been used successfully with fs2004, they should have the same, if not BETTER results, with lomac. (Considering that you have to use a third party app. "fsuipc" to extract the data from fs2004's shared memory. Lomac having a MUCH simpler way of getting data DIRECTLY from the export file...)

Like I said before...I am ALL GUNG HO about making all my switches work and screens blink....just tell me what I need to do to help....

m0untain6uy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sorry for the double post, but here is ANOTHER few links for phidgets....

http://www.phidgetsusa.com/ <-- usa division

http://mycockpit.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123 <--official phidgets cockpit builders forums

and last but not least...Project magenta.... http://www.projectmagenta.com/

They built their KILLER PMSystems app specificaly for use with Phidgets...

Gee....can you tell that I'm REALLY excited about this?

m0untain6uy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]