M2K English Cockpit Update?

Horns

As far as I can tell, this is the last official word on the Mirage 2000 English cockpit. Do we have any idea when this will be forthcoming? If there is a more recent official comment on this I apologize and would appreciate it if someone can direct me to it.

I don't want to be the "are we there yet?" guy and I'm aware the standard answer is "when it's done/two weeks", but Tuesday will make it a full year since I purchased the M2K, expecting the official English cockpit "soon" and trying to be patient. This official word predates that purchase. Gospadin (RIP) was kind enough to provide a mod that has been useful until now, but we really do need an official one that doesn't require third-party utilities to work.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

• 2 weeks later...
While we're at it... i'd like an AV8 cockpit in French.

thanks...

If RB promised it, you're entitled to it. If I'd bought the module without considering my need for an English language cockpit and then started griping about needing one that would be on me, but as I pointed out, I looked and confirmed there was an undertaking to provide a cockpit before buying, hence my feelings on this.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

they commited to it because someone wouldn't play games, and requested it in the first place.

it's a french aircraft, i don't see why it should have an english or russian cockpit.

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

they commited to it because someone wouldn't play games, and requested it in the first place.

it's a french aircraft, i don't see why it should have an english or russian cockpit.

If I understand you correctly, I think we're in agreement that the English cockpit was committed to in order to sell to people who wanted the English cockpit. If they hadn't done so I wouldn't be complaining because I wouldn't have bought the module.

i'm in agreement with everything. i hope you get your english cockpit. let's put an end to this.

i had a great time learning some basic swedish terminology when learning the Viggen module, i also make sure i learn the english terminologies when flying US modules; it's part of the identity and the concept of the plane. it's true for the Mirage also.

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

While I do understand JM1 for requesting a feature planned by the developper a long time ago, I am also surprised that someone willing to fly on a study sim cannot learn or at least recognize a few dozen words in a foreign language.

From my point of view, flying in a foreign cockpit is part of the fun.

Edited by 33-DFTC

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Hopefully they'll deliver on their promise, for integrity reasons for than anything else. Personally I prefer the cockpits in their native languages and don't mind learning bits and pieces of an unfamiliar language. As long as the tooltips are in English that's fine with me, although one major gripe I have is that some servers disable tooltips for some inexplicable reason (making starting up the Mig-21 or Mi-8 a challenge).

i had a great time learning some basic swedish terminology when learning the Viggen module

because many swedish terms like Beredskap and Anflygning sound like a simplificated german version (Bereitschaft and Anflug) it wasn't a big deal for me to use the original languaged cockpit. and with of the m2000c i've learned the french terms for on, off, left and right :smartass:

Edited by desworks

Ryzen 5 2600 | GTX1660 SUPER | 16GB | X52 Pro | TrackIR5

[A10C][AJS37][FA18C][M2000C][bF109][FW190D][FC3][KA50][uH1H]

my modest liverys

I wish I were able to work with foreign language pits. I hadn't thought it would be that onerous so I tried for months with the Su-25T in Russian, I did try with the French for some time in the M2K (and am trying again now) and Swedish in the Viggen after, but I struck out on all three. If I could work with the pit in its native language I would prefer to, I see how having the language as it was seen in the real thing would be part of the a/c's character, this is very much a case of unable rather than unwilling.

Suffering through French in high school turned out to be good for flying the dcs M2k. My teacher only said that it would improve my vocabulary and open my eyes to the broader world, meh.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

If I could work with the pit in its native language I would prefer to, I see how having the language as it was seen in the real thing would be part of the a/c's character, this is very much a case of unable rather than unwilling.

I see where you're coming from. It's much harder work with cyrilic words coming from latin languages, but i'm sure that you can manage with the AJS and the Mirage by insisting a little.

you don't have to know all the avionics in their native language, but maybe the basics like on/off, left right, lights... :smilewink:

Suffering through French in high school turned out to be good for flying the dcs M2k. My teacher only said that it would improve my vocabulary and open my eyes to the broader world, meh.

Today, I can only boggle at the chain of events that led me to take French as a second foreign language and Russian as a third (Swedish and English being mandatory), only to arrive the the point where we are with DCS today.

…now I guess I have to petition ED to implement Icarus wings and, I don't know, the Leonardo cork-screw-copter (unless there's some Byzantine equivalent a couple of centuries earlier) to make use of the other languages I got into my head that I needed to learn. :smartass:

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

I see where you're coming from. It's much harder work with cyrilic words coming from latin languages, but i'm sure that you can manage with the AJS and the Mirage by insisting a little.

you don't have to know all the avionics in their native language, but maybe the basics like on/off, left right, lights... :smilewink:

I hope you're right. In the Viggen, aside from the few words that are very similar to English I was totally lost after about six weeks, so it was a choice between using the English mod and giving up on that a/c. I laughed so hard so often remembering a system was called "Automatisk Fart Kontroll" the time was not a total waste.

I am trying again with the M2K at the moment, I can retain "A" for off and "M" for on but that's about it so far. Still, high hopes :pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump already please, we need an English cockpit, the fine work by gospadin (rip) no longer works and my language skills stink - help us RAZBAM please xx

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

Oddly without any foreign languages I can operate fine in the Russian, Mirage and Viggen cockpit.

I personally relate the word with something similar in English. Its pretty easy to remember then even the Cyrillic ones.

Must be they way our brains work differently because this has never been an issue for me.

Hey Zeus67, the above quote was taken from an update posted November last year - whats the story with an English cockpit please?

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

Hey Zeus67, the above quote was taken from an update posted November last year - whats the story with an English cockpit please?

They update the OP with new information. If you look at the bottom you’ll see Cpt Smiley edited it August 26th.

Edited by Horns
Corrected ‘28th’ to 26th

They update the OP with new information. If you look at the bottom you’ll see Cpt Smiley edited it August 26th.

I didn’t realise that, thanks for clarifying - love the Mirage but have lousy language skills!