Aircraft sliding on carrier deck

berk.kp

The aircraft slides/moves weird on the carrier deck at adverse weather conditions/pitching deck/fast speed of the carrier. U-turns on the carrier are then nearly impossible and the aircraft will slide off the deck. Especially with the introduction of a collidible island I'd like to see this issue fixed.

The aircraft slides/moves weird on the carrier deck at adverse weather conditions/pitching deck/fast speed of the carrier. U-turns on the carrier are then nearly impossible and the aircraft will slide off the deck. Especially with the introduction of a collidible island I'd like to see this issue fixed.

As joey45 said we should get this fixed on the 18th fingers crossed, best workaround for now is to reduce the speed of the vessel so the sliding is reduced.

There is nothing strange about the planes sliding around on a pitching wet deck. I used to watch them on the ships TV and from Vultures Row. They will slide so who ever modeled that got it right. Imagine how the real pilots felt when the plane started to slide when they were taxing to the CAT..... pucker factor X 10.... I remember driving a fork lift out onto the elevator during an UNREP and it started sliding.... scared the shit out of me.... Guess there needs to be a New Non-Skid coating Mod....... LOL

Cheers

Hoss

AT1(AW/SW) USN ret.

Edited by BeoWolf_57

Sempre Fortis

The sliding isn't the issue it is the whining ground crew "Hey what are you doing" ;)

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50