AIL OFF

WildBillKelsoe
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

On all pages. So I connect ground power and perform unpowered FCS Y test. Then I start right engine with Air supply not APU, advance to 95% like F-5E and cycle bleed air 360, crank left then idle left engine. Rerun FCS now under power. I get MC2 not ready with other bits on Go. And this AIL OFF advisory. Tried resetting FCS and to trim to no avail. Ailerons work though, just the advisory says OFF. BTW wing unfolded at rest unpowered.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

its in natops manual. AIL OFF could be FCES reset required or control wiping needed.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

do u have the Obogs switched on? After the right engine is at idle I always hit that next. U do ur startup differently than me so if that’s not it I’m not sure. Hope It work it out.

but how is OBOGS related to ailerons?

• 5 months later...
On all pages. So I connect ground power and perform unpowered FCS Y test. Then I start right engine with Air supply not APU, advance to 95% like F-5E and cycle bleed air 360, crank left then idle left engine. Rerun FCS now under power. I get MC2 not ready with other bits on Go. And this AIL OFF advisory. Tried resetting FCS and to trim to no avail. Ailerons work though, just the advisory says OFF. BTW wing unfolded at rest unpowered.

Per NATOPS the FCS reset and IBIT are performed after both engines are started.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Per NATOPS the FCS reset and IBIT are performed after both engines are started.

thanks wizard

• 4 years later...
  • Solution

Standard procedure is to start the right engine first in order to provide accumulator pressure for the brakes and APU.

The ailerons are each powered by one hydraulic circuit, with a switching valve if that circuit fails to a backup circuit. The left aileron is ran primarily on circuit 2B, and backed up by 1B. Right aileron runs primarily on 1A and backed up by 2A.

Circuit 1 is ran off the left AMAD, circuit 2 off the right AMAD.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/