Improved stability and dedicated server - Discussion

NineLine

yep same

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Anyone now notice after todays update that the Dedicated server loading screen is pure white? Its happened on all of mine, and persists even after a reboot

Same here, though I'm willing to overlook it if all the Dedicated Server bugs have been fixed ;)

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

• 1 month later...

LOL I would never have noticed if you guys hadn't posted it but yes I hav ethe same issue.. I dont look at mine the server starts it and I have no screen on server I do everything remotely where at work or at home.

and the server session is always minimised..

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

Anyone now notice after todays update that the Dedicated server loading screen is pure white? Its happened on all of mine, and persists even after a reboot

there's two images to copy from client to server, mentioned someone in some thread that i dont know where

mine is ok now

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 1 month later...

I have a modified server.lua file in my savegames folder to gate the maximum FOV zoom out to 85-97 depending on the aircraft. I've done this as I use the right brake pedal as a FOV zoom slider and would get full (120) zoom out when the pedal is not pressed if not modded. This is obviously not going to work as the view is way too zoomed out and fish-eyed to fly with.

The mod works like a charm in SP but not in multiplayer. Am I correct in saying the modded server.lua is completely ignored in MP mode and if so, anyone know of a solution to force max FOV zoom to around 90 in MP?

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have no problem logging into MP servers but I noticed significant frame rate reduction the more active players were on flying around. I fly Helicopters, so maybe those are more tasking. It has already been said by Eagle Dynamics that the code needs to be updated and there are opportunities identified to increase performance by making better use of the hardware. We just need to have patience.

• 2 months later...

The last patch has caused 6 server crashes so far. Here's one log file attached to the post that might help the developers solve the problem.

Thank you.

dcs.log

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Today same behaviour. Out of nowhere the server crashed while everyone was flying. The mission is the same as before the latest Open Beta update. It just keeps on crashing after a number of hours. File attached.

dcs.log

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• Thanks 1

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

from your last log , it is the same issue most of use are seeing , client connects server poops itself

2020-11-09 20:52:50.111 INFO NET: accepting connection from 86.246.35.207:50746

2020-11-09 20:52:50.117 INFO NET: adding client[13]

2020-11-09 20:52:50.430 INFO NET: added client[13] name=Eliott addr=86.246.35.207:50746

2020-11-09 20:52:50.431 INFO EDCORE: try to write dump information

And again!

Please, ED, look into it. Dedicated servers keep on crashing. At least mine does. Can barely host 1 mission without having this happening.

dcs.log

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 5 months later...

To put it bluntly, 2.7 DCS dedicated server is falling over more often than a one legged man in a bottom kicking contest

The server is running then it freaks out and starts speaking in Klingon in the dcs.log file then it dies .... a  lot