Aircraft performance and their limitations?

What is the max G for the F-15 in LOMAC and in real life?

Is this limited by the jet in some way or is it possible to get spikes past these max specs?

I have spiked the F-15 to 10+ G in turns while trying to figure out why I was blacking out so often at corner speed, which is just below 400 knts for the real jet (read somewhere online), and 340 knts in LOMAC (article on SimHQ, seach "Good stick LOMAC".)

________

jugalettes

Edited by centermass

I think 10G is roughly the maximum amount you would get in real life. Now, I'm no expert, this is just what I've heard on the grape-vine.

I've only managed to get up to about 8G in Lock On, so I'm useless there buddy, sorry.

It might possibly be a bit lower in LO:MAC, by the looks of things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the Earth with your eyes turned skywards,

for there you have been and there you will long to return".

-Leonardo da Vinci

The F-15 has no G-limiter. If you want to pull 15, you can pull 15.

However that aircraft would never fly again, due to bent airframe. In LO the planes are artificially limited, and in particular the F-15 is limited well below what it ought to be. Then again, in a game you don't get busted for busting up your plane so ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The F-15, in reality, is not G limited, as GG said, if you want to kill yourself (or just your flying status) by pulling 15G's, feel free. You'll just Over-G, bend, break and make a 40 million dollar, vitally needed aircraft unflyable :thumbup:

The F-16 is artifically limited to 9G's. Typically F-15's pull between 6.5 and 8, after that you're starting to Over-G the airframe with continued stress, that and the human body cant keep pulling 9G's and not start to loose all resemblence of strength.

topGraphic.gif

Good deal, thanks for the information, I need to modify my stick curve I guess, I can't pull more than 9 G's the way I have it now.

I try not to over-stress the jet but I'm more concerned about having nose authority when slow, and I'm guessing that if the stick curve allows more G at higher speed it will allow it at slower speed as well.

I fly with a CH stick which has a long throw (throw being distance from center to limit deflection). This makes for, what seems like, unrealistic ability to get huge G pulls due to stick curve and not FM ability.

:joystick:

________

Honda RC71

Edited by centermass

Watching American Fighter pilot one of the guys blew is BFM ride because he Over-G the airframe, the IP stated keep it under 420 (can't remember exact figure) knots and you'll be OK.

Yep, he had to keep it below 450 knots. The pilot in question was Capt. Mike "Getsno" Love. Depending on the severity of the Over-G, it could be anything from a simple inspection to pulling the wings and engines and doing a full, detailed check.

topGraphic.gif

g limits depend on current loadouts. When i got my ride we pull 7.8 Gs it was about all we could pull with tanks. Also another thing to remember is the human factor i think a human can only with stand 12 Gs at the extreme max. WE had a jet pull 11 to 12 gs twice and still flys!!!

I heard an 'above average' pilot could stand 14G for 2 minutes. We need the Mirage-2000, that thing can pull 11 G with a nazi G-limiter. The Su-35 was certified at 10G for combat. They Ef-2000 also got something with increased G-loads, I know it supports a fluid filled G-suit, I forgot if the plane itself will allow to go over 9G.

Then we have the piston driven aerobatic planes that handle 12G without increased airframe stress (and the pilots don't wear G suits either).

What is the G limit for commercial airliners? I remember something like 3.5G, is it a FAA/JAA mandated number, or is it the minimum 'safe zone' for error correction when the pilot slightly messes up the flying?

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

At 14 G you got tissue damage induced by cursh. No matter the suit you have. Mirage 2000 can go to 13G's in emergency mode but can only be perfomed instantaneously so that the pilot doesnt DIE.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Formula One race car driver David Purley survived an estimated 179.8 g in 1977 when he decelerated from 172 km·h−1 (107 mph) to 0 in a distance of 66 cm (26 inches) after his throttle got stuck wide open and he hit a wall.[1] http://www.hypertextbook.com/physics/mechanics/acceleration

There's a huge amount of data available for human G-Tolerances, although it's worth noting that there is a considerable difference in the effects of instant-g against sustained g. Pilotasso is quite correct to say that 14g will cause tissue damage, but actual injury largely depends on the delta-g (change in g against time).

Edit: This one's quite interesting too, featuring a dedicated g-hungry loon!

http://csel.eng.ohio-state.edu/voshell/gforce.pdf

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

The problem is that an x-52 doesn't work like a real airplane stick.

I have read that in the case of the eagle and in the su-27 the stick becomes heavier to prevent over-gs, and at high alpha the stick is coordinated with the ruder to provide roll and yaw (this is for the f-15, don’t know about the su-27)

I wonder if the su-27 has stick shaker like the airliners, because I saw a video of a su-27 performing a tail slide and the stick looked like the stick was shaking on the hands of the pilot.

As for the mirage doing 13gs, you need to apply extra pressure to the stick (20 pounds _I’m not sure if it is more).

Indy drivers had experienced 50 gs during accidents but this is for fractions of a second., not sustained. An su-31 can do like +12 -10 gs but again it is not sustained like a military jet.

No stick for virtual flight enthusiasts works as the real thing.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P