VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

On 3/10/2021 at 1:10 PM, Hammer1-1 said:

there are a few people here that modify the files and post them under their sigs. what problems are you having specifically?

I mainly play with rotating birds. The rotor blade disappears, the instruments are ugly. "Veiled" so it can't be enjoyed.
The mod worked well for a long time, but it is no longer enjoyable for me.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was slightly frustrated with poor performance when playing in VR with the new deferred rendering engine, so I had a look what would be possible to remove/simplify from the shaders to improve the fra

I added an update to the first post for DCS 2.7.0.4625. Everything else is the same, except the HMD mask feature is removed since DCS now has a correctly implemented mask. I didn't do much testing wit

it keeps my blood pressure down ... 

Then you are seeing something I dont. I play rotors myself, and I find them quite legible. Post a screen and lets take a look.

Intel 8086k o/c 5.4ghz | 32gb GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 ram | Asus Z370 Maximus X Formula| Asus TUF 3080Ti | eVGA 1000w psu | MFG Crosswinds | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate / Virpil MongoosT50 | Dell 34" UHD Curved monitor | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 10 Pro

Since everyone is bragging about what modules, campaigns and terrain they have, heres my list: ALL OF THEM.

Utley | Yeast | 402 JTF 13 Home 

JTF-13 Recruiting | My wallpaper and skins

11 hours ago, beci43 said:

The rotor blade disappears, the instruments are ugly.

Just tested, the rotor blades are in place (rotor shadow flickering remains as well, sadly).

On 7/9/2018 at 1:14 AM, Kegetys said:

- Simple transparent objects rendering, ie. propellers and smoke

Sir, you are a lifesaver. This has just cut DCS memory usage 4 times without any additional actions. 

The only thing is helicopter rotors still flicker their shadows. If these were somehow made mostly transparent and their shadows turned into a semi-transparent circle (or turned off altogether), this would be a perfect fit for me. 

• Like 1

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup:

On 7/11/2018 at 12:08 PM, Pikey said:

Kegety's

15 years and you still can't spell the guy's name right. It's Kegetys or Kege for short, not Kegety. 😉

Anyone else having problems with SU25T TV (skval) screen being very white?

There is a APC in that view somewhere buy I cannot see it! I think it is this mod causing it but haven't yet uninstall to test it.

PSX_20210403_154159.jpg

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

I'd like to try this but every link I click on goes absolutely nowhere. Does anybody know where Kegety's shaders are currently posted. 

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-10600k, 2X512GB NvME, 2070 Super, 32GB DDR4 3200, Vizio 40" 4K, Reverb G2, T50-CM2

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

1 hour ago, RackMonkey said:

I'd like to try this but every link I click on goes absolutely nowhere. Does anybody know where Kegety's shaders are currently posted. 

The links of the 1st post  works ... as do the links on my variants pages 

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 4/7/2021 at 8:22 AM, RackMonkey said:

I'm going to guess you're using Chrome. Try Edge or Firefox.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:38 AM, speed-of-heat said:

The links of the 1st post  works ... as do the links on my variants pages 

Switching to Edge worked. So much for a universal browser.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-10600k, 2X512GB NvME, 2070 Super, 32GB DDR4 3200, Vizio 40" 4K, Reverb G2, T50-CM2

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

Looks like this is broken on 2.7. at least the full fat and IC pass version is broken.

We need a bat-call for Kegetys, because I will not be the one with the large enough brain to fix compose.fx.

Capture.PNG

The new reshade/sharpener did make it through this update though. so there's that

I'm not sure if kegetys is waiting in the woodwork for something like this to happen or not. haven't heard from him since 50321.

Edited by laertesson
  • Like 1

He does appear to be active on his website..

image.png

• Like 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

it doesn't work, it also might not be required... or not in the same way.

Ed, have added their own mask...

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

Nope get a shader error trying to load them. They broken.

Intel 8086k o/c 5.4ghz | 32gb GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 ram | Asus Z370 Maximus X Formula| Asus TUF 3080Ti | eVGA 1000w psu | MFG Crosswinds | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate / Virpil MongoosT50 | Dell 34" UHD Curved monitor | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 10 Pro

Since everyone is bragging about what modules, campaigns and terrain they have, heres my list: ALL OF THEM.

Utley | Yeast | 402 JTF 13 Home 

JTF-13 Recruiting | My wallpaper and skins

Yes, we knew that, but, as I said they have added their own mask so they might not be required at least not in the same way.

20 hours ago, laertesson said:

Looks like this is broken on 2.7. at least the full fat and IC pass version is broken.

We need a bat-call for Kegetys, because I will not be the one with the large enough brain to fix compose.fx.

Capture.PNG

The new reshade/sharpener did make it through this update though. so there's that

I'm not sure if kegetys is waiting in the woodwork for something like this to happen or not. haven't heard from him since 50321.

Even deactivating the shaders, at the start-up same message appears.... any hint about how to solve?

Thanks 🙂 

• Kegetys changed the title to VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

I added an update to the first post for DCS 2.7.0.4625. Everything else is the same, except the HMD mask feature is removed since DCS now has a correctly implemented mask. I didn't do much testing with this yet except that both the performance and visual improvements appear to still work.

I also changed the topic title as this new forum seems to allow that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

As a cyborg, you will serve SHODAN well

http://www.kegetys.fi

many thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oktane111 said:

Try:
In Steam Library right click DCS, Properties, LOCAL FILES, Verify integrity of game files... 

No Steam version.

I'll try doing a Clean and Repair.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Kegetys said:

I added an update to the first post for DCS 2.7.0.4625. Everything else is the same, except the HMD mask feature is removed since DCS now has a correctly implemented mask. I didn't do much testing with this yet except that both the performance and visual improvements appear to still work.

Thank you sir, your mod makes a big difference for a great many of us mortals !

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

And I'll 3rd that, thankyou!!

10900K O/C 5.2GHz | Maximus Hero XII | EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Reverb G2

46 minutes ago, Kegetys said:

This is really outstanding! I mean, it's just a day old and we already have a patch for it! Thank you very, very much! 

• Like 1