VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

35 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

This is how I got rid of reflections from cockpit glass and HUD without any loss in FPS for a10c and Ka-50 (devrim textures), but how to do the same with instruments is still unknown to me. 3dmigoto allowed to kill all cockpit reflections on a shader level and it worked for the price of ~3-5% GPU, but I don't have a version for 2.5.6, unfortunately. Looked through textures but can't really understand where these reflections are coming from.

Hmmm, Unless I'm using something else I've forgotten about, this also gets rid of my A-10CII instrument reflections. I think it required editing a .dds line in the archive file. Then I select Factory New from the Special tab in game settings menu.

Taz would probably have a better memory than I.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

8 минут назад, Gryzor сказал:

Look for the latest Migoto3D mod from Lefuneste user, you could remove only flat shadows generated by objects, leaving intact terrain projected shadows.

I think you've missed that we were talking about 2.5.6 here, just checked in editor and terrain shadows work as they should on dusk and dawn 😉 This trick of course doesn't work on modern versions.

Edited by Fiztex

20 minutes ago, zildac said:

They're already in _HMD.hsl.

Thanks... I thought the _HMD.hsl had deprecated a few versions back. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

40 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

You are right, it really does, thanks 😀 Also switched off trees and objects shadows with this:

And now I have 30% of my GPU to spare on something else

"Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist."

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

10 минут назад, Steel Jaw сказал:

"Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist."

Here

flatshadow.hlsl

28 минут назад, Sr. сказал:

Hmmm, Unless I'm using something else I've forgotten about, this also gets rid of my A-10CII instrument reflections. I think it required editing a .dds line in the archive file. Then I select Factory New from the Special tab in game settings menu.

Taz would probably have a better memory than I.

You are right, I just forgot to select the pit.. stupid me. Did the same with glass texture of Ka-50 by taking a file from devrim's cockpit (hope he doesn't mind) and issue solved. Or you can just go with https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/602926/

Edited by Fiztex

2 hours ago, Sr. said:

This is what I use for the A-10, I think it's a Taz mod.

DCS1.JPG

Are these lines you're adding to _HMD.hlsl  ?

they are already there its just setting the arguments to the the correct values 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

2 hours ago, edmuss said:

Yes, MFAA only works if MSAA is applied to the output. Turning MFAA on if you don't run MSAA in dcs does nothing.

You mean it does something to the visuals? I ran a benchmark test and noticed no FPS or GPU frametime change during the trackfile. Test 72 is without and Test 73 is with MFAA enabled. DCS MSAA is set to x2. So I will leave MFAA on, can't hurt 🙂

image.png

Some time ago Lukas S./Wolta also ran a bunch of NVCP tests and had the same outcome. Summary in his pinned comment. 

• Like 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

MFAA effectively boosts the quality of the anti aliasing, almost as good as the next rank up so 2x MSAA + MFAA is almost as good as 4x MSAA for little to no performance hit. As long as you had MSAA enabled in DCS for your testing, I would say that performance impact is indeed nill.

The difference is a visual improvement for the same settings meaning that you can drop a rank of MSAA, retain visual quality and gain FPS back 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

4 minutes ago, edmuss said:

MFAA effectively boosts the quality of the anti aliasing, almost as good as the next rank up so 2x MSAA + MFAA is almost as good as 4x MSAA for little to no performance hit. As long as you had MSAA enabled in DCS for your testing, I would say that performance impact is indeed nill.

The difference is a visual improvement for the same settings meaning that you can drop a rank of MSAA, retain visual quality and gain FPS back 🙂

Okay sounds good! So I have switched it on and will keep it on. Haven't played with the headset on yet to see if I notice the improvement, only ran the performance impact test with the headset on the desk. 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I find that at 100% on the G2 it helps a lot with shimmer over MSAA 2x, makes it worthwhile running MSAA at all for me.

I do run openvrfsr which I think adds extra shimmer but this helps quell it down.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

8 minutes ago, edmuss said:

I find that at 100% on the G2 it helps a lot with shimmer over MSAA 2x, makes it worthwhile running MSAA at all for me.

I do run openvrfsr which I think adds extra shimmer but this helps quell it down.

You mean you are running SS at 100% and PD at 1.0 and you are not using MSAA at all?

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I use steamvr SS 100% with PD 1.0, fsr @0.7, MSAA x2 + MFAA with DCS settings mostly high. Using the Clearwater version of kegetys mod and taz's experimental low bit depth normal maps for the A10C.

To be honest I could turn MSAA off and be fine with it but it's a lot nicer flying over rooftops with it on.

6 hours ago, zildac said:

#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_CANOPY  0 // Simplified canopy glass

#define ENABLE_DIFFUSE_SS         4 // Albedo texture supersampling. 0=off, 1=2x, 2=4x, 3=6x, 4=8x

Ran a quick test with both settings.

• No performance loss when changing ENABLE_DIFFUSE_SS from 3 to 4, so will leave this at 4. 
  • Small performance loss of about 3 FPS and 0.5msec on the GPU Framerate when changing ENABLE_SIMPLE_CANOPY from 1 to 0. So will leave this at 1. I don't really mind the static reflections.

image.png

• Like 1

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

15 minutes ago, edmuss said:

I use steamvr SS 100% with PD 1.0, fsr @0.7, MSAA x2 + MFAA with DCS settings mostly high. Using the Clearwater version of kegetys mod and taz's experimental low bit depth normal maps for the A10C.

To be honest I could turn MSAA off and be fine with it but it's a lot nicer flying over rooftops with it on.

Okay tnx.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

@Ready

I had a quick and dirty test with the simple canopy glass and I agree, it costs about 0.5-1ms but obviously with the baked in reflections obscuring everything in certain lighting conditions.

which version of the mod did you apply, if there is no long load time; it was either not correctly applied or it is an IC safe version of the mod.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

4 часа назад, johnbowzer сказал:

It didnt show it the readme but before deploying the VR Shaders, should be empty the fxo/metashaders?

Normally it's not necessary, especially if you are just changing some parameters in config, but anyway it's always a good practice to avoid some possible issues.

Just had a long test with vrperfkit Together with the universal VR shader mod. Works great, seeing a performance increase and the visuals are great.

Only one strange phenomena - sometimes when pressing Ctrl (when trying to increase time compression or ejecting) a red overlay appear around a clear circle in the middle of the view. Not sure where it's coming from, I presume it could be connected to an hmd mask size option but never seen that before.

Anyone got a clue?

Turn off the debug mode in the vrperfkit settings file by setting the flag to false 🙂

2 часа назад, ZedTank сказал:

Anyone got a clue?

if you don't need change mod settings on the fly turn off hotkeys section in vrperfkit.yml file by setting it "false". those hotkeys conflict with DCS keymappings.

Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

1 hour ago, biotech said:

if you don't need change mod settings on the fly turn off hotkeys section in vrperfkit.yml file by setting it "false". those hotkeys conflict with DCS keymappings.

thanks, found it, it makes sense it's some kind of debug overlay - will check if it fixed it soon