VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

On 4/7/2021 at 8:22 AM, RackMonkey said:

I'd like to try this but every link I click on goes absolutely nowhere. Does anybody know where Kegety's shaders are currently posted. 

I'm going to guess you're using Chrome. Try Edge or Firefox.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:38 AM, speed-of-heat said:

The links of the 1st post  works ... as do the links on my variants pages 

Switching to Edge worked. So much for a universal browser.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

Looks like this is broken on 2.7. at least the full fat and IC pass version is broken.

We need a bat-call for Kegetys, because I will not be the one with the large enough brain to fix compose.fx.

Capture.PNG

The new reshade/sharpener did make it through this update though. so there's that

I'm not sure if kegetys is waiting in the woodwork for something like this to happen or not. haven't heard from him since 50321.

Edited by laertesson
  • Like 1

it doesn't work, it also might not be required... or not in the same way.

Ed, have added their own mask...

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Nope get a shader error trying to load them. They broken.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Yes, we knew that, but, as I said they have added their own mask so they might not be required at least not in the same way.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

20 hours ago, laertesson said:

Looks like this is broken on 2.7. at least the full fat and IC pass version is broken.

We need a bat-call for Kegetys, because I will not be the one with the large enough brain to fix compose.fx.

Capture.PNG

The new reshade/sharpener did make it through this update though. so there's that

I'm not sure if kegetys is waiting in the woodwork for something like this to happen or not. haven't heard from him since 50321.

Even deactivating the shaders, at the start-up same message appears.... any hint about how to solve?

Thanks 🙂 

• Kegetys changed the title to VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

I added an update to the first post for DCS 2.7.0.4625. Everything else is the same, except the HMD mask feature is removed since DCS now has a correctly implemented mask. I didn't do much testing with this yet except that both the performance and visual improvements appear to still work.

I also changed the topic title as this new forum seems to allow that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

As a cyborg, you will serve SHODAN well

http://www.kegetys.fi

7 minutes ago, Kegetys said:

I added an update to the first post for DCS 2.7.0.4625. Everything else is the same, except the HMD mask feature is removed since DCS now has a correctly implemented mask. I didn't do much testing with this yet except that both the performance and visual improvements appear to still work.

Thank you sir, your mod makes a big difference for a great many of us mortals !

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

46 minutes ago, Kegetys said:

This is really outstanding! I mean, it's just a day old and we already have a patch for it! Thank you very, very much! 

• Like 1

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

3 hours ago, Kegetys said:

Will it pass IC?  If not, is there one that will in the works or a way to alter this one so it will?

5 minutes ago, Skwirl865 said:

Will it pass IC?  If not, is there one that will in the works or a way to alter this one so it will?

@speed-of-heat Has a modded version that includes an IC  "safe" build.

Edited by zildac
  • Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

this post talks you through how to remove the mask, take a backup of the original file and apply the change via a mod manager would be my recommendation 

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1