VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

no sorry, it is a very straight forward installation it not working usually comes down to 3 things:

1) you didnt follow the instructions

2) you have used the wrong version of the mod with the wrong version of dcs

3) you have other mods that conflict

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

oh yes and you have to wait a long time the first time it loads.... and the first time it loads a plane and the first time you load a terrain

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

then i dont know what to tell you im running it now...

my advice is uninstall the mod, repair dcs, delete fxo and metashaders2 from saved games and then reapply the mod .. as per the instructions in the readme

I have last OB, I tested all 3 and stick now on base shaders (no clear water) and no problems running all 3.

That work great, as always.

use JSGME

DCS version 50793

only mod i have

guess im screwed.

Here is another option maybe:

I don't know how the mod thingy jsgme works but deinstall the mod first with it when you have installed it with this tool.

After that delete the whole "*:*DCSWorld\Bazar\shaders" - folder;

delete the DCS-Folder in: *:\DCSWorld\Mods\terrains\*mapname*\misc\metacache (keep the dcs.lua!);

delete everything in *:\DCSWorld\Mods\terrains\*mapname*\misc\shadercache;

Repair your DCS installation which should bring back the shaders folder. Do not start DCS. Copy the shader (whatever version you prefer but make sure it is the newest one!) folder of the "Shader Mod" over to the bazar folder in DCSWorld and overwrite when asked. Start DCS and wait for it to load into the menu. After that open the mission editor, choose any map and place a plane you can fly. Start/test mission and wait again for it to load. After you have been loaded into the mission you can experience some stutters and some drops due to more shaders being loaded as you're flying through the map. Repeat for every map and it should be good to go. Keep in mind that you actually don't have to do the things with the mission editor, you can just hop in any mission and do it that way.

The most important part is that it can take a very long time loading the shaders depending on your rig and CPU. Even if you think it crashed, do not close it and wait for it to finish its thing.

Maybe this helps you because without this mod VR wouldn't be as much enjoyable as it is with this mod installed!

Big thanks to kegetys and speed-of-heat for making DCS playable in VR! :thumbup::smartass:

Cheers

Well i got it working. Works great if i don't look at the cockpit but as soon as i do bam stutters. Turned everything all way down and still the same. Guess ill just have to wait till next OB to see if that helps. Because with out this mod DCS is no playable.

Edited by cmskinner

The butcher is in session ...

Clearwater version and IC Pass with Clear Water of @Kegteys awesome mod

I'm getting errors with latest patch and shader mod 2.5.6.50321

baraz/shaders/deferred/Compose.fx failed to compile (something about effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47common/lighting.hlsl

I'm getting errors with latest patch and shader mod 2.5.6.50321

baraz/shaders/deferred/Compose.fx failed to compile (something about effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47common/lighting.hlsl

odd, redownloaded from your sig, removed what i add, used this and it works.

so no worries :)

Well i got it working. Works great if i don't look at the cockpit but as soon as i do bam stutters. Turned everything all way down and still the same. Guess ill just have to wait till next OB to see if that helps. Because with out this mod DCS is no playable.

I am not sure what your rig's hardware consists of. But I would definitely set up both your DCS system & VR settings along with the NVIDIA Control Panel settings as shown in the links that are in speed-of-heat's signature. If that doesn't work, turn things down from there starting with shadows and Antistropic Filtering. If you look in my sig, I do not have a slouch for a PC. Even with a 3090x and 2080 Ti, i can't really do more than S-O-H's settings and maintain a consistent framerate.

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

If the circle is not there, the mod probably isn't working.

I ended up removing the mod, deleting fxo and metashaders2, terrain DCS folder contents, using the DCS repair utility and then reinstalling using speed-of-heat's mod package. Mask is back and running smooth as butter.

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

personally I think .525 short sold a lot of HMDs, as I had to use .625 for the Rift CV1. I use .675 for the reverb.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

personally I think .525 short sold a lot of HMDs, as I had to use .625 for the Rift CV1. I use .675 for the reverb.

When I used this mod, I had 0.525 for the Reverb. Seems to depend on your face, IPD, etc.

Trial and error is the way.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

When I used this mod, I had 0.525 for the Reverb. Seems to depend on your face, IPD, etc.

Trial and error is the way.

At 0.525 I do not see any dark or not rendered edges around in VR...so with my IPD (63.5) it would seem I could try to reduce little bit more, right?

No need to empty fxo and metashaders2 in this case, right?

Another thing I need to clarify is which masksize is dominant with these shaders mod?

One in DCS VR settings or only MASKSIZE in _HMD.hlsl file?

Or these are maybe 2 different settings?

Thanks again!

With the Pimax 5k+ on Normal FoV I found mask size of .725 to be about right. If anybody else has been trying to dial it in.

Has anybody tried large FoV? I haven't because I run in 144hz mode. But I'm curious of what the mask size is for large FoV

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I've been able to make this mod run eventually. Having to restart DCS and let the rest of the shaders recompile was the key.

But well, I don't get any performance improvement at all by this. Absolutely nothing. Caucasus at 45fps with no AI, down to 22 with a few AI units active, and just 7fps on the Channel. VR performance in DCS is absolutely pathetic...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

At 0.525 I do not see any dark or not rendered edges around in VR...so with my IPD (63.5) it would seem I could try to reduce little bit more, right?

No need to empty fxo and metashaders2 in this case, right?

Another thing I need to clarify is which masksize is dominant with these shaders mod?

One in DCS VR settings or only MASKSIZE in _HMD.hlsl file?

Or these are maybe 2 different settings?

Thanks again!

What two masksize are you looking at there is only one now in_hmd.hlsl afaik?