VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

As far as repair and reinstall, I have done that a few times already! I test after the repair and it all compiles fine and runs well. Then I install the kegetys mod version 2.5.3.21107 exactly as the readme discusses (I have successfully installed this mod many times over the last three or four months and seen much better FPS performance for VR). Only this time with 2.5.3.23954 have I experienced this compile / crash problem. I really wonder if this version of the mod that I am getting from the first page of this thread is correct. Anyway, my current approach is to uninstall DCS World and reinstall everything from scratch, install the fast mod, and retest. If that still fails, then it must be my hardware (older i7 - 980X and DK2) or some dependency on the Windows 1803 build.

Thanks for any ideas to try.

Dave W.

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

OK - I found the problem! I only have 12gb of memory and had just reloaded Windows 10 build 1803. But I didn't setup a big enough pagefile so I was running out of memory when I got to 8gb. I don't know how that all works but anyway, once I set the pagefile to 12gb, everything worked fine. STRANGE

Dave

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

I have a strange issue: if I turn MSAA on (x2 or x4) - the DCS will hang forever while loading. Otherwise the mod works for me.

Edited by sea2sky

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

if I turn MSAA on (x2 or x4) - the DCS will hang forever while loading

All works fine!

delete fxo & metashaders2 again

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

yes it is some page early...someone posted a jmse compatible version that passes IC

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Sorry - but after cycling through 59 pages.

Is there a link to the MP version that passes integrity checks ?

MASKSIZE 0.600f (for my Oculus) Change for your device

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

Quick public service announcement, when running this mod for the first time on a map, try this to keep track of whats going on and see that it hasnt hung.

1. open a powershell window

2. paste: Get-Content "C:\Users\<YOUR ACCOUNT NAME>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log" -wait -tail 30

(substitute in your account name and amend the DCS folder as well if you have to)

This will give you an updating view of the game log file and you see the metashaders being recompiled.

Huh. How about that. I didn't know you could tail natively in PowerShell. Maybe it's time for me to start fooling around with it again.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

0.670f is what I use for Oculus.

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Oculus Rift still has visible rings at masksize 0.600f. How greatly does increasing the masksize affect performance? I might try 0.700f and see if it improves.

Does it? I use 0.600f and don't notice them (in the HMD). I do see them on the monitor. I'll check again later. The performance question is interesting, I'll also check on that.

--

EDIT - after checking:

At 0.6f I am sure I can see no rings in the HMD.

I tried 0.2, 0.6, and 0.98 - I measured no difference in fps (very basic testing - A10C sitting on runway in one of the default free flight missions).

Begs the questions, what does the setting actually do, and is it necessary to keep it as low as possible?

I think it's been asked before, but I can't face trawling through 60 pages of posts - is there any way to apply only the MSAA part of this mod?

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I get this error in my log, this makes the dcs splash screen not respond. When repairing I can then enter the sim again but I have no idea if it works or not, by this i mean i dont particularly see any difference -

2018-11-24 22:56:34.684 ERROR DX11BACKEND: Can't find precompiled shader deferred/computecompose.fx:DIRECTX11=true;MSAA=4;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;USE_SHADOWS=1;USE_SSAO=0;.

2018-11-24 22:56:34.684 INFO DX11BACKEND: Compile shader: deferred/computecompose.fx:DIRECTX11=true;MSAA=4;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;USE_SHADOWS=1;USE_SSAO=0;

2018-11-24 22:56:34.704 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/decoder.hlsl'

2018-11-24 22:56:34.707 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/gbuffer.hlsl'

2018-11-24 22:56:34.714 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/atmosphere.hlsl'

2018-11-24 22:56:34.736 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/decoder.hlsl'

2018-11-24 22:56:34.736 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/gbuffer.hlsl'

2018-11-24 22:56:34.737 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/shadows.hlsl'

2018-11-24 22:56:34.749 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file 'bazar/shaders/deferred/atmosphere.hlsl'

Now I repair DCS but I have no idea if that deletes the new mod files or what ? Could someone help me please

Anyone have a recommend value to try for the Odyssey+?

Mine arrives tomorrow and I’m assuming my Rift value won’t do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Quick public service announcement, when running this mod for the first time on a map, try this to keep track of whats going on and see that it hasnt hung.

1. open a powershell window

2. paste: Get-Content "C:\Users\<YOUR ACCOUNT NAME>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log" -wait -tail 30

(substitute in your account name and amend the DCS folder as well if you have to)

This will give you an updating view of the game log file and you see the metashaders being recompiled.

I used the glogg program for this, and other things as well. Small, fast, easy to use &, highly recommended.

Just press F and it follows the bottom as it rolls.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

• 2 weeks later...
and in combination with his "sRGB gamma fix for DCS World" if desired.

I set sRGB gamma fix for 2.5.3.23788 with VR-Shaders,but not see the difference.

What to pay attention to?

works perfectly with the actual open beta (Dec. 13th '18). I now play with PD 1.3, 4x MSAA, textures and visibility range on high. FPS locked to 45 via Oculus try tool. Awsome!

(I changed the Masksize to 0.67 for Oculus Rift)

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

Does it? I use 0.600f and don't notice them (in the HMD). I do see them on the monitor. I'll check again later. The performance question is interesting, I'll also check on that.

--

EDIT - after checking:

At 0.6f I am sure I can see no rings in the HMD.

--

Apologies. After further use, I did notice minor effects on occasion, so I am now running > 0.60.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I've uninstalled the mod to get the latest updates and after launching DCS on all terrains I have, there's no 'dcs' folder in any of the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\terrains\*TERRAIN*\misc\metacache folders.

The weird thing is that I'm able to launch into the cockpit though. Have I uninstalled the mod correctly? I just deleted the ~dcs folder during the removal..

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Per instructions you should changed them to dcs.old, then you can rename them back when deactivating the mod.

You might try doing a "dcs_updater repair".

Yea, weirdly enough after a couple of restart I attempted to just restore from the recycle bin but just appeared. I'll rename them to *.old when I re-enable the mod

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Yea, weirdly enough after a couple of restart I attempted to just restore from the recycle bin but just appeared. I'll rename them to *.old when I re-enable the mod

In my experience, these DCS folders make no difference to the mod whether they are called DCS, or anything else. If you don't do anything with them - just remain as DCS - then it makes no difference to how the mod performs.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box