VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Is anyone else getting this error after installing the shader mod and running DCS?

EDIT: Okay I seen the past posts on the same error, so I need to wait until the shader mod gets updated correct?

151934148_Screenshot(301).thumb.png.2199eb4fa34c1b4be39f43812c8e93f9.png

Edited by ItaLiaNKiinG

Hi

3 questions for you experts: I use JSGME for enabling these shaders and it's fine, but I still have few doubts:

1) Every time I decide to edit _HMD.hlsl I cannot save the file directly over itself and only way I find is saving it on desktop and then copying and paste into original position, then overwriting and having the updated version. Is this normal?

2) I've noticed that - even emptying "fxo" and "metashaders" folders, at DCS restart it seems DCS takes little bit more time to load than normal, but I'm not usre it is really compiling everything. For sure fxo and metashaders2 folders will be again filled with necessary file. Instead, if with JSGME I deactivate and activate again the shaders, on DCS restart I have to wait a very much longer time and the same also entering some mission for 1st time again, until all is compiled of course. So, my question is : why longer time in one case and very much much longer time on 2nd case? What's the difference between 2 procedures?

3) Considering point 2, what should I do after I modifiy the _HMD.hlsl file (for example removing the bloom or enabling simple glass canopy etc.) to be sure these modification will be effective? Any need to empty fxo and metashadres2 folders in this case, or just enough to modify and restart DCS?

Thank you very much!

Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental)

Anyone esle getting “shader cant compile” or something like that, error at startup with yesterdays patch?

Edit: it says grass2.fx failed to compile and crashes dcs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mtd2811

Hi

3 questions for you experts: I use JSGME for enabling these shaders and it's fine, but I still have few doubts:

1) Every time I decide to edit _HMD.hlsl I cannot save the file directly over itself and only way I find is saving it on desktop and then copying and paste into original position, then overwriting and having the updated version. Is this normal?

2) I've noticed that - even emptying "fxo" and "metashaders" folders, at DCS restart it seems DCS takes little bit more time to load than normal, but I'm not usre it is really compiling everything. For sure fxo and metashaders2 folders will be again filled with necessary file. Instead, if with JSGME I deactivate and activate again the shaders, on DCS restart I have to wait a very much longer time and the same also entering some mission for 1st time again, until all is compiled of course. So, my question is : why longer time in one case and very much much longer time on 2nd case? What's the difference between 2 procedures?

3) Considering point 2, what should I do after I modifiy the _HMD.hlsl file (for example removing the bloom or enabling simple glass canopy etc.) to be sure these modification will be effective? Any need to empty fxo and metashadres2 folders in this case, or just enough to modify and restart DCS?

Thank you very much!

1) No its not normal

2) it should be a one time thing, nb 2.5.6 takes longer to load anyway, btw i dont think you need to do it anymore

3) normally you shoul d just restart

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

1) No its not normal

2) it should be a one time thing, nb 2.5.6 takes longer to load anyway, btw i dont think you need to do it anymore

3) normally you shoul d just restart

Thank you for the reply.

So, about point 2:

I've Open Beta 2.5.6.

So you mean I should only delete fxo and matashaders and it should be enough for recompiling, right?

In any case, as told, if I deactivate and activate the shaders again through JSGME, to load DCS and - even more - when loading a new mission 1st time it can take even 4-5 long mins. While removing fxo e metashaders2 only, it just takes 30 to 40 sec more the 1st time. For this my doubt....

Of course, after one or the other thing, all comes back to normality that is very quick DCS and missions loading with my pc and hw.

Thank you!

Thank you for the reply.

So, about point 2:

I've Open Beta 2.5.6.

So you mean I should only delete fxo and matashaders and it should be enough for recompiling, right?

In any case, as told, if I deactivate and activate the shaders again through JSGME, to load DCS and - even more - when loading a new mission 1st time it can take even 4-5 long mins. While removing fxo e metashaders2 only, it just takes 30 to 40 sec more the 1st time. For this my doubt....

Of course, after one or the other thing, all comes back to normality that is very quick DCS and missions loading with my pc and hw.

Thank you!

it can do, my point is i don't think you really need to delet fxo and metashaders anymore either... if you get a glitch it might be worthwhile .

and yes changing the parameters will cause a shader recompile...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

it can do, my point is i don't think you really need to delet fxo and metashaders anymore either... if you get a glitch it might be worthwhile .

and yes changing the parameters will cause a shader recompile...

Is mod work with latest patch?

I7 9700K 5Ghz/ 64 Gb / Rtx 2080Ti / SSD / Warthog / Odyssey+ / Gametrix JetSeat

so is the word to wait for a proper vr shaders mod update?

yes

after this patch, it makes me thankful this mod exists...now I wait for the update.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

i dropped my in game PD to 0.9 as a short term thing .. works quite well, its not as clear as i would like but it it functions well enough in the short term

I run at 1.0 PD normally and just for the LOLs and some retro flashbacking, I dropped it to 0.5, just to see its effect on performance. Literally One White Duck / 0^10 = Nothing At All. Looked like back in the 90s though rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Yep, unplayable for me since the update. I really need the 45 fps+ASW since I'm pretty susceptible to motion sickness.

I'm thinking of getting a TrackIR since I get decent frames playing through the monitor. I was wondering how hard it would be to check your six with trackIR.

Yep, unplayable for me since the update. I really need the 45 fps+ASW since I'm pretty susceptible to motion sickness.

I'm thinking of getting a TrackIR since I get decent frames playing through the monitor. I was wondering how hard it would be to check your six with trackIR.

That thing is expensive. I'd say save your money for a GPU upgrade.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

That thing is expensive. I'd say save your money for a GPU upgrade.

Quite true, mate. I am at 1080p and the 3600+5700xt just chews through the frame rate at max(excluding MSAA, SSAA, ray tracing) settings.

However, in VR, the only playable(non-nauseating) setting was with the default 'VR' settings, 1.0 PD, 150% super sampling in steam VR(looks like my old EGA monitor from the 90s).

My reference line for 'playable' is looking sideways at low altitudes and no tree ghosting. It kinda has to be super smooth. I was getting this smoothness with the shader mod, but no joy since the latest update.

So, I was wondering if I should get a TrackIR, or upgrade to a 2080S:D

I can live with the frame rate loss. But I loved this mod for getting rid of the fake cockpit canopy reflections. Is there another way to get rid of them?

By the way, you get best performance to quality if you're supersampling by factor of two. Or halves. When the HMD compositor down samples 2.35 pixels down to 1, it's not as efficient as downsampling 2 pixels to 1. SteamVR SS 100% is not actually your HMD's native resolution. It already super samples at 100%. So find out your HMD's actual native resolution, then in SteamVR, find the % that best matches 2x your native resolution.

I can live with the frame rate loss. But I loved this mod for getting rid of the fake cockpit canopy reflections. Is there another way to get rid of them?

By the way, you get best performance to quality if you're supersampling by factor of two. Or halves. When the HMD compositor down samples 2.35 pixels down to 1, it's not as efficient as downsampling 2 pixels to 1. SteamVR SS 100% is not actually your HMD's native resolution. It already super samples at 100%. So find out your HMD's actual native resolution, then in SteamVR, find the % that best matches 2x your native resolution.

Not sure I understand your point. SteamVR SS at 100% is the closest to native res. Certainly on the Reverb.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box