VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

It takes a long time for the shades to recompile... Like 15 mins long or longer,... The first time you use a plane or a theater... Then it's normal

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

that video has nothing to do with my question, i am not interested in answers containing use a google search if u feel tempted again.

i wonder if its possible to make server owners allow certain mods like the vr shader mod to pass integrety check.

its a shame that this awesome mod cant be played with on most multiplayer servers.

you can modify the Mod so it passes the IC check. you can't modify the way the IC check works at a server level

Edited by speed-of-heat
clarity

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

you can modify the Mod so it passes the IC check. you can't modify the way the IC check works at a server level

i may have come out rude, in that case appologies. im just trying to figure that out, downloaded some IC pass version from someone else.

so after switching back to the normal shader mod i now have the problem that the renaming of the metacache to dcs.old does not lead to a recomply of metacache/dcs.

i have made a couple of cleanups and repairs with the dcs updater utility forehand and it didnt solve my problem.

anyone else had that before?

Those folders do NOT GET RECREATED. Normal behaviour, if you insist on using this mod, that is.:smilewink:

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

OK I have a question please and I don't know the proper place to ask it without getting hosed.

I am flying the 2.5.5 DCS world. I tried the 2.5.6 and it sucked, it sucked hard on fps.

So I returned to 2.5.5 and am happy enough. Yaaay me☺!

With that understood:

* IS it possible for my aircraft modules to update as Ed fixes/patches them [ if ever...]

without having to update to the 2.5.6 fps killing garbage update?

- If so, then how does this work please?

Not trying to upset anyone.

I just want to fly and have fun without every single ED update hosing my FPS further and forcing me to continue to turn off and down all settings.

And I ask as I now have 3 aircraft for over a year that are barely flyable as they kill all fps no matter what.

I am stuck with the unfinished Yak, F16 and F18. All fps in toilet trying to fly them no matter what or where. If I could get my money back I would. In a heartbeat.... I mean, almost 2 years on the YAk and 1/2 framerates of any other aircraft...

But IF, and that's a serious "IF", simply based on the last 12 years of experience here, but IF these aircraft are EVER fixed/finished/optimized then I'd love to get my money's worth for once without having to RUIN a nice running 2.5.5 install with whatever the excuses are for the 2.5.6 issues.

Thank you friends. I am hoping for some good news☺

Simple answer is dont update. Its not finished, therefore its not release version yet. If you are just interested in updating your aircraft to 2.5.6, sorry but it doesnt work like that. All patches are version specific and most likely wont be correctly registered anytime you log in. Will fail integrity check 100% of the time.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Those folders do NOT GET RECREATED. Normal behaviour, if you insist on using this mod, that is.:smilewink:

hmm i changed from a user made ic pass version to this one and it should recreate, cause im still using it?

quote from the readme:

rename those directories to dcs.old or similar. This ensures

the metashaders will be recompiled correctly.

and its not happening for normandy as it used to, thus i think i have the 10 fps drop to beforehand manouvre

Edited by rogonaut

Hello, I used the VR shaders to great sucess, however I noticed that missions I created before in Nevada dont work, the colors are totally wrong, its unplayable. Does anyone know what is causing this? Is there something in the miz-file that can be changed?

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

hmm i changed from a user made ic pass version to this one and it should recreate, cause im still using it?

quote from the readme:

rename those directories to dcs.old or similar. This ensures

the metashaders will be recompiled correctly.

and its not happening for normandy as it used to, thus i think i have the 10 fps drop to beforehand manouvre

I say again, the DCS folders do not get recreated. The metashaders are recompiled in fxo and metashaders2 folders.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I say again, the DCS folders do not get recreated. The metashaders are recompiled in fxo and metashaders2 folders.

it used to make a new folder for me in dcs root after renaming to dcs.old i got this:

Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache\dcs

but not anymore so i wondered.

not sure what happened but vr is now unplayable for me since the latest patch it went down form solid 45 to around 30...

anyways thanks fo that info

FFS, it never did!

the only time you would get those folders back is with the "next patch" or if your rolled them back

2.5.6. has very many well documented problems for perf, *this* is not them

Edited by speed-of-heat

I recently installed latest stable version 2.5.5.41371 and applied the specific mod version for it. I´m fine with it except.. cockpit shadows are much too dark. Had that problem way before and could resolve it, but cannot recall how. I regenerated fxo and metashaders, tried to disable or enable some options in _HDM.hlsl but no lock, regenerated shaders again etc.. no luck.

Does anybody know what to do about this?

Win10 Pro, Intel i9 9700k @5GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 @3200MHz RAM, MSI z390 Gaming Plus, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD Base, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (for DCS), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (for Win10), Philips PHL 274E

Simple answer is dont update. Its not finished, therefore its not release version yet. If you are just interested in updating your aircraft to 2.5.6, sorry but it doesnt work like that. All patches are version specific and most likely wont be correctly registered anytime you log in. Will fail integrity check 100% of the time.

Ok, let me see if I have a handle on your answer correctly please:

DCS patches include updates to the aircraft AND the engine combined,one cannot be updated without the other?

If this is what you are saying then there is no way to be able to KEEP my install at 2.5.5 AND also let said modules receive aircraft updates to complete them.

Am I stating that correctly please?

Thank you for the help.☺

Ok, let me see if I have a handle on your answer correctly please:

DCS patches include updates to the aircraft AND the engine combined,one cannot be updated without the other?

If this is what you are saying then there is no way to be able to KEEP my install at 2.5.5 AND also let said modules receive aircraft updates to complete them.

Am I stating that correctly please?

Thank you for the help.☺

yes

yes

Whoa!

Well, I thank you for the info.

This is sad news indeed for me. the 2.5.6 update was such a horrific drain on my already struggling fps that I had to roll back to 2.5.5 just to fly with much-fewer stutters. So much of a performance hit the 2.5.6 was, that once I rolled back to the 2.5.5 I could turn terrain shadows back on A-N-D have much better fps in VR, thanks to this Shader Mod only☺.

But now, now there is simply z-e-r-o chance of my opening my wallet to DCS any more.

Not with about $200 of their unfinished/stutterfest aircraft needing finishing and optimization.

Sitting on my HD.

And even if they get around to finishing a few of them over the next 18 months like they stated in their Reddit article last month, well then I'd have to upgrade to the stupid performance-NERFED 2.5.6 just to top off the aircraft modules.

So not worth it.

Rock --- Hard place --- Us Customers...

Losing 45% of my fps with 2.5.6 and having to turn off terrain shadows just ain't worth it.

Wow. And I thought what Microsoft did to the Flight Sim communities with MSFS X was bad....

But hey, we can all pre-order SuperCarrier right, so there's that. Plus you can save like 2% on the F-14 Tomcat for a limited time, which runs at like 23 fps IF you have everything turned off or down and are flying over water only. At least that's all I have heard, and seen myself with the free trial over the weekend...

Man. If ever they needed to hire someone at ED that gave a damn about their customers performance issues, and who cared about quality BEFORE fast bucking yet another unfinished module....

Well, enough for me. I need to take a break from DCS. Again. And its only Tuesday☺

Is it possible to use this mod only with the circular mask? Perhaps of only that is used it would not affect the graphics in old missions?

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

I would like to know this as well. If we could just mask the graphics without any of the current visual degradations, I might use this mod!

I think that’s what the ic pass versions of the mod that people use do.

There is a link in the YouTube video by the author here