VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Would there be any benefit to having a HMD mask mod only and keep all of the regular shaders? The latest version of the mod doesnt seem to give the same boost and now it looks noticeably worse than the unmodded version.

I appreciate the work you have done with this mod and look forward to future improvements. Really should be a part of the base game with VR mode is enabled.

This is exactly what i was going to ask ! The HMD Mask works great for me and i dont notice it but i feel the atmospheric feeling has suffered alot . Things that made the look more immersive like the capopy shading , scratches etc are gone and at night it all looks bad ...

This new shader pack has helped my machine immensely. However, now if I try opening a Persian Gulf .miz in Mission Editor, DCS gets stuck in the loading screen. Straight up flying a PG mission, no problem, looks amazing, runs at 45 fps on my nVidia Quadro P4000 (whereas before it would chug down to the 20s when flying low and fast through Dubai).

Anyone else with this dilemma?

No idea, I used ovgme, but that’s just a delivery engine, it’s the same mod, green shield. What files is the red shield telling you is broken, ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

No idea, I used ovgme, but that’s just a delivery engine, it’s the same mod, green shield. What files is the red shield telling you is broken, ?

Are you sure you are using the newest mod for this patch???

IC result is below:

bazar/shaders/deferred/decoder.hlsl

bazar/shaders/deferred/gbuffer.hlsl

bazar/shaders/deferred/atmosphere.hlsl

bazar/shaders/deferred/shadows.hlsl

bazar/shaders/posteffects/nvd_common.hlsl

bazar/shaders/model/functions/glass.hlsl

bazar/shaders/materialfactory/ils151.hlsl

Edited by wumas0201
add IC result

Would there be any benefit to having a HMD mask mod only and keep all of the regular shaders? The latest version of the mod doesnt seem to give the same boost and now it looks noticeably worse than the unmodded version.

I appreciate the work you have done with this mod and look forward to future improvements. Really should be a part of the base game with VR mode is enabled.

A HMD mask only mod would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Are you sure you are using the newest mod for this patch???

IC result is below:

bazar/shaders/deferred/decoder.hlsl

bazar/shaders/deferred/gbuffer.hlsl

bazar/shaders/deferred/atmosphere.hlsl

bazar/shaders/deferred/shadows.hlsl

bazar/shaders/posteffects/nvd_common.hlsl

bazar/shaders/model/functions/glass.hlsl

bazar/shaders/materialfactory/ils151.hlsl

apologies you are correct, just retested this morning, and i get the same message.

what you can do; and ihave no idea what the perf impact would be, is delete those files BEFORE you apply the MOD

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I just spent time testing this mod and found that this mod is great, can give us better performance than original one, but there are still some shutter. The performance in SP is OK, but not in MP.

Too many shutter in MP, especially when many planes are crowded in the same place.

I think ED must take responsibility to fix these issue for VR, not us. We have done our duty to tell them where the problem is.

Hi, I did everything as mentioned in the readme and it worked BUT I was not able to see the brief screen at the beginning of the instant action missions, nor any other mission or multiplayer. I deleted DCS and the saved games folder, re-downloaded and re installed DCS but I have the same issue. What can I do to get the brief menu back? I cannot play anymore as I cannot click the "fly" button anymore and that sucks a lot... thanks in advance.

Edit: well I actually found a workaround: I press escape 2 times and it acts as if I clicked on the fly button and I can play, but I still don't have the brief screen...

Edited by Maglight

Hi, I did everything as mentioned in the readme and it worked BUT I was not able to see the brief screen at the beginning of the instant action missions

I think this is a 2.5.6. bug. I had this issue even without the shaders mod.

I have a question:

Does the MSAA optimization mentioned here

work with NVIDIA control panel forced MSAA (and ingame disabled)?

There is no MSAA in NCP!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

That’s not MSAA.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Anyone know why my metacache would not re-generate? Making sure to delete FXO and metashaders2, the tweak seems to work in all regards but there is only the dcs.old folder which is renamed correctly, a new one is never created. DCS is running as administrator and I made sure it isn't read only, still won't regenerate a new metashaders folder, even after loading in a couple missions on the different maps. Asking because now this has persisted across multiple versions and two different windows installs for me, so I must be doing something wrong.

Those metacache folders don’t get regenerated. You’re not doing anything wrong.

in "saved games/DCS.openbeta" are these two folders "fxo" and "metashaders2". I delete them, they will be recreated.

Now to the installation drive... Eagle Dynamics/DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/terrains/"the maps you own"/misc/metacache/dcs I rename the dcs folder to dcs.old. Ready to fly. At least that's how I always do it.

Win10 Pro, Intel i9 9700k @5GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 @3200MHz RAM, MSI z390 Gaming Plus, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD Base, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (for DCS), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (for Win10), Philips PHL 274E

I tried to make IC-Pass version of new 2.5.6 compatible shader mod, by swapping IC-Failed files with original one, but it gives me the following error (see the attachment)

I dont know the original author, Kegetys allowed manipulating his mod or not. I looked through this thread but could not find related statements. If it is prohibited, I am sorry and will delete this reply as soon as I can.

Otherwise, if anyone can help making IC-Pass version of this great mod, please help us! Thanks!

1775178225_2020-02-1921_06_47-DX11Renderer-Error.png.119efbdaa95564b5aa45de563a63a0b1.png

You can set it as per game basis:

On my side the per game basis doesn't work, but when I configure it in global options it worked.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I applied the mod as always with no problems. I don't see water transparency in Persian Gulf map from 2.5.6. Water NEW reflections are OK, night lightning is OK.

Any ideas?

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.