28/04 New Screens: Ka-27

Eeee... I think I just spooged.

Love the way we've got the stowed configuration for the blades modeled too.

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

It seems that the only thing we ever going to see from BS is "new screenshots" every month, this is pathetic!

:pilotfly:

well no offence but duh :music_whistling: what else CAN they release to us OTHER then BlackShark itself and that they can release only when its bloody finished.

No longer active in DCS...

Finally some good news for us naval freaks! :) .

:D

One thing I've always wanted to suggest is for ED to make it possible for Helicopters to land on the parking areas near take off ramp instead of the landing area. Once a helicopter lands on the Kuz it effectively shuts down the carrier for naval ops, you can take off but you would never land with a Chopper blocking the end of the runway, for obvious reasons. However if they landed near the take off ramp then you could still at least land and have something cool to look at while you're catching the wire.:pilotfly:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Yes, very noce model. The one with all the dust looks real at first glance.

With such a detailed model, with the Helix be able to do anything new? It's an AWS helo, so what weapons can it carry?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Looking great... Until to last details of heli ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

• ED Team
well no offence but duh :music_whistling: what else CAN they release to us OTHER then BlackShark itself and that they can release only when its bloody finished.

They can release a new movie. "They" as in ... me? :P

With this new model.... i've got even more stuff to show off in the movie :D

Actually, that would be real cool. (ASW missions?)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I think whats happening here is that were seeing some real progress taking place with finishing touches... Apparently ED has had plans for model upgrades, and it just stands to reason...

Our views will be more closely focused on ground combat and choppers are move toward the forefront..

In Flameing Cliffs there are still a lot of models that have those clay like pilots and solders...

I can understand why Ed's moving in this direction, it adds a lot to the immersion...

I can see from the new screenies that the tress no longer have that transparent artificial look, but have taken on a more life like charterer..

More attention to trees is neede. So now will we still be able to fly through them unscathed, or will there be some damage modeling added...

But IMHO, as I've stated in other posts, I think they should also think about rendering tall grasses, small bushes, and in some cases burned and smoking combat areas... And of course there is also a need to make the architecture more interesting...

And those sail boats really do look attractive would they actually be in a combat zone??

Anyway these are just my opinions, I really do enjoy and feel that no other virtual world of combat even comes close to this one...

And as far as my opinion is concerned its just that, and what I'm mostly interested in is seeing this sequel hit the selves...

~S~

Blaze

• Like 1

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

So what do you waiting for? :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Comeon ED! Whats the point to doing all this nice work without a nice damage model?? Please give us nice new explosion effects with debris flying around. Please see Il2 pacific fighters to get an idea of how debris has to be modelled.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

With such a detailed model, with the Helix be able to do anything new?

No as the name suggests, the focus of Black Shark is the Ka-50 close-support/anti-tank helicopter and related aspects(ground warfare).

It's an AWS helo, so what weapons can it carry?

The Ka-27PL is a dedicated submarine killer - it employs surface search radar, magnetometer(MAD), dipping sonar, and sonobouys to locate its targets and torpedos, dept charges and mines to attack them.

So apart from submersible submarines, some entirely new sensor developments would be required......which is quite far outside the above mentioned focus of the Black Shark title.

Nevertheless the Ka-27PL is a *major* part of the anti-submarine capabilities of the Russian navy, so it is IMO very nice to finally see it properly represented :)

JJ