Where to put liveries

gnouze

Hi all

Some say you should put the additional liveries in the ‘main game folder’, under Coremods’ etc... while others say you should put them in the Saved Games folder, etc...

Lastly some use Jgsme.

Who’s right ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

I personaly put them in Saved Game Folder using OVGME.

Saved Game Folder is not affected by the updates, so basicly you could, i think always leave the liveries loaded, while in Game Folder, you should disable the mods before updating. And stuff in Saved Game folder usualy doesn't affect Integrity Check. Saved Game Folder allow you to put all liveries in the same folder under Liveries and Cockpit lieveries also goes in the same folder, while in Game Folder, you got some in Bazar, Some in Core Mods etc... Run a repair, in Game Folder you'l loose them if not using a GME like OVGME, put them in your Saved GAme, repair or updates DCS and they stay there.

I do this quite easy, i have one Livery folder and OVGME points that folder to DCS Open Beta Saved Game and DCS Released Version Saved Game.

EDIT: The only thing with droping them in your Saved Game Folder, if you work on liveries yourself and wanna see them in ModelViewer, you need to modify the top oh the ModelViewer'S autoexec.lua to point your livery textures.

mount_vfs_liveries_path("C:/Users/.../Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Liveries")

LoadModel("CoreMods/aircraft/FA-18C/Shapes/fa-18c.edm")
LoadLivery("FA-18C_hornet","Your_Livery_Name")

Edited by Doum76

What is the proper name for the f-18 liveries folder? Is it FA-18C or FA-18C_hornet? I have tried putting them in the suggested folder ( C:/Users/.../Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Liveries) and they don't show up in the game.

C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet

No matter where you install them, the 2 last folders will always be \Liveries\FA-18C_hornet

Edited by Doum76

Just a note, in the past I have had liveries installed into the Saved Games directory fail to work in game, even though they were installed with the correct path. By default I always put them in the main directory.

Maybe some doesn't indeed, as i do not own all modules or made skins for all i do own, i can't say which one works or not, but i can confirm that all of those below works and tested (Including some AI) as they are all the ones i used customed liveries and all the proper folder naming:

A-10C

AV8BNA

ch-47d

Cockpit_F-18C

f_a-18c

F-5E-3

F-15C

FA-18C_hornet

Hawk

il-78m

ka-50

KC130

kc-135

KC135BDA

M-2000C

mi-8mt

SA342L

SA342M

SA342Mistral

SA342Mistral

SA342Minigun

uh-1h

Edited by Doum76

Just a note, in the past I have had liveries installed into the Saved Games directory fail to work in game, even though they were installed with the correct path. By default I always put them in the main directory.

I havent had that trouble, have 15 GB of liveries on saved games and all seem to work just fine. I prefer this location as its easier to backup together with my other user data and I prefer to keep the program´s folder as stock as possible .. if you perform a "dcs_updater.exe cleanup", all your liveries would be wiped out if you keep them on your suggested folder.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...