[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

Just tried this one out. MAN, what a blast... Just had my first Syria Flight and was able to defeat a huge enemy strike package with sparrows and 9ners.

I was absolutely impressed by the "DCE"... But this stuff takes DCS to another level.

I have one problem right now:

AI Flights are not created when starting on carrier/LHA. Played around with ToT settings but no joy.

In my very first attempt I saw 6 14B's taxing to the cats and taking off right infront of me.

If there is a BARCAP flight of 14's from and over the carrier with ToT ASAP it should spawn and launch at mission start or am I wrong?

Please HELP, got some serios conflicts going on there...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Just tried this one out. MAN, what a blast... Just had my first Syria Flight and was able to defeat a huge enemy strike package with sparrows and 9ners.

I was absolutely impressed by the "DCE"... But this stuff takes DCS to another level.

I have one problem right now:

AI Flights are not created when starting on carrier/LHA. Played around with ToT settings but no joy.

In my very first attempt I saw 6 14B's taxing to the cats and taking off right infront of me.

If there is a BARCAP flight of 14's from and over the carrier with ToT ASAP it should spawn and launch at mission start or am I wrong?

Please HELP, got some serios conflicts going on there...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

there should be a setting that all AI flights start in the air i think.

there should be a setting that all AI flights start in the air i think.

Reproduced above problem. Have set AI flights to start in air, still no joy, carrier flights don't spawn except player flight.

Edit - Disregard - Issue was cull range set too low and excluding the carrier.

Hello,

After several attempts at flying a mission generated from Liberation 2.2, the software never registers that the mission ended, and no progress is made when I abort or skip turn. What can I do so wrong? Is the fact that Liberation and DCS not installed on the same drive an issue?

@Khopa just hosted a coop session with my friends. Everything worked fine until i had to close mission when i realized no "accept results" was highlighted in dcs liberation and i manually couldn't find any state.json file to save progress. Is there a correct procedure to close a multiplayer session i missed? What should i do when everyone landed? I opened mission in ME and saved, closed ME and then i launched mission in multyplayer... as i said everything looked like as planned in dcs liberation UI. It was a bit frustrating missing all the good stuff we did...

Reproduced above problem. Have set AI flights to start in air, still no joy, carrier flights don't spawn except player flight.

Edit - Disregard - Issue was cull range set too low and excluding the carrier.

Right mate. I realized this just after my post.

This stuff is so awesome. Had to mention it once more!:worthy:

Anybody can help me with this?

How can I set up the campaign to force my mates to carry sparrows instead of amraams without using the ME?

I choosed US1990 and time period cold war 1985. The default CAP loadout for hornets and vipers are aim-120's.

Shouldn't the period limit the available weapons?

I'm really into those FOX-1's the last time. Love to see the smoke trails in the sky I guess...

• Like 1

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

New to Liberation and looove it this far :-D

Question thou;

1. Does changing starting fractions and/or start date at a new campaign, effect the available weapons types (on airbases or modules)?

Let's say you can have an F16/18 but with no new JDAMs, 120s or 9x.

2. Are logistics, like amount of available weapons/fuel, on bases implemented? If not, that would be an great addition and bring even more depth to the campaign.

Might even possibly add the new C130 mod and airsupply/airdrops ????

3. Is there any plans to add helicopter transport missions (like the CTDL script). Either as CSAR, Resupply fares /units, inserting SF/recon units or pick up wounded at the frontline.

Just some thoughts and wishes - don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast with it as it is now ????????????

A part of NOSIG

Hey guys,

Sorry i don't come here on the forums much.

If you want a quick answer your best bet is the DCS liberation Discord, where the other community members can also help you.

BTW, for anyone encountering issues with mission end, and state.json.

- Double check your settings in File/Preferences are correct (Any time you update liberation, you have to re-do this config)

- Please avoid installing Liberation in C:/Program Files directory or that kind of directory, it seems to cause issues with rights.

If that doesn't solve your issue, please ask on the Discord server, we'll be able to help you there

------------

@Salsam

1 - No, not yet. I hope to do it one day.

2 - Not yet, but this is something we have in mind.

3 - I think it is kind of possible to enable some CTLD features with this third party plugin for liberation (VEAF framework plugin : https://github.com/VEAF/dcs-liberation-veaf-framework) (i'm not the one who made this plugin, and haven't tested it much though, but you can ask Zip on Discord if you have questions about it.)

Having forum issues so can’t really search very well...

when I end a mission, should I wait until the AI has done its stuff before hitting end mission, or is that all simulated after pressing the button?

for example, if I get shot down near the beginning of a turn and end the mission, will the AI flights that were programmed for different things be simulated in the background with the results showing in Liberation?

Having forum issues so can’t really search very well...

when I end a mission, should I wait until the AI has done its stuff before hitting end mission, or is that all simulated after pressing the button?

for example, if I get shot down near the beginning of a turn and end the mission, will the AI flights that were programmed for different things be simulated in the background with the results showing in Liberation?

has to actually happen in the game. sometimes after i am done my mission or get shot down i'll leave it running for a bit.

Liveries

Before I ask a question I will say that this campaign generator is awesome.

Can anyone tell me how to make it so that all liveries are available for any aircraft? I couldn't see anything about it on the Wiki and I'm by no means a moder.

The latest update to this generator is great by the way. Makes it simple to create coordinated attacks and really feels like you're planning a bigger operation.

That’s what I figured but couldn’t find it written down anywhere

The program will import the results at the time when you stop the mission in DCS. For example if an airplane has a missile incoming and you hit "Exit" right before it is struck, that aircraft is not counted as "destroyed". So yes, if you finish your mission and get shot down but want other AI flights to complete their task, you need to wait for them and let the sim run.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

So I've received my new system and Reverb G2 and have spent the past several days tuning the settings in for the best performance/visuals balance, with a 5950X and 3090FE card. In sparse areas I get 90 fps, but in crowded areas like Dubai, or the FEBA during a Liberation campaign, it's between 45-55 fps.

I spent time yesterday wiping my old MachV clean, setting up file sharing and RDC, and installing DCS OpenBeta server. I managed to get it working where I could copy a Liberation mission over, but couldn't get it to write state.json until I saw this little tidbit on GitHub:

For instance, if on your computer, the DCS Liberation directory is in : D:\DCS Liberation 2.0RC9, make sure to create the same directory on the server. (If you have the possibility to do so.)

After creating that on the server, state.json is written and I'm able to copy it back to the Talon system to update Liberation's status. :thumbup:

My FPS test is the FEBA of the Golan Heights campaign, just north of the Sea of Galilee, and by playing it as a multiplayer mission, my FPS went from 45-55 to 55-65. Now I just have to decide if the hassle and the loss of time acceleration is worth it. ;)

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

HI all loaded Liberation and am playing with some friends. I turned on IADS but no SAMs are launching anywhere whether you coming or going. Is there something else that needs to be done. Also where is the discord channel. Thanks for the info

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

4 hours ago, solidGad said:

anyone have much luck with AI doing strikes? seems they just fly around and don't actually attack the target.

I had this problem too. Turns out their tasking is set to CAP when the mission is generated. I go into the mission editor and change everyone to Ground Attack.

5 hours ago, solidGad said:

anyone have much luck with AI doing strikes? seems they just fly around and don't actually attack the target.

anyways, still lots of fun. 🙂

35 minutes ago, corn322 said:

I had this problem too. Turns out their tasking is set to CAP when the mission is generated. I go into the mission editor and change everyone to Ground Attack.

You guys should file a bug report on Github for it. Attach the miz and liberation save and the devs will take a look at it. They're usually pretty quick about it too!

Suggestion for delayed flights:

When the "don't delay player flights" option is enabled, the other flights in the player's package remain delayed, thus making the setting rather pointless. It would be great if the "don't delay player flights" also worked on flights in the player's package.

Edited by Nealius

Might have been addressed before, but I didn't find it.

Is there a way to connect the factions to specific aircraft loadouts? For example, playing as USA 1990 I don't want to see F-15C with AIM-120C. Instead I want them to have AIM-7s mainly. I know we can set the loadouts in customized_payloads folder, but that seems to be in effect for all factions / eras.

• Like 2

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

OK, I can not seem to get this to work. I have followed so many tutorials but no go. On the latest bout with it, I have discovered that the file "liberation_nexturn.miz" is not being written. The CMD window even states "No such file or directory." Don't know what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.338d04ae13e5c67f48eb4626c26920ce.PNG

Windows 10 64 bit, Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7ghz, 16 gb G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2800mhz ram, Asus Prime Z270-A mobo, EVGA RTX 2070, 240gb SSD,500gb Samsung 850 evo SSD,500gb HDD, Warthog stick, TWCS throttle,, Thrustmaster T-flight Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5

14 hours ago, Andrei said:

Might have been addressed before, but I didn't find it.

Is there a way to connect the factions to specific aircraft loadouts? For example, playing as USA 1990 I don't want to see F-15C with AIM-120C. Instead I want them to have AIM-7s mainly. I know we can set the loadouts in customized_payloads folder, but that seems to be in effect for all factions / eras.

+1

I'm trying 1980s - 1990s campaigns and so many aircraft are getting JSOWs and AIM-9X. 

It would also be nice to micromanage things like carrier BRC/speed, asset TACANs, and AI livery selection instead of having to edit everything in the ME. 

I tried to create a feature request out of it with couple of design inputs: https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/issues/490 

I'm terrible with Python, to the extent to where it goes to beyond writing "Hello World" and the work that Khopa has been doing is a true marvel. And looking at the log, he has his hands full with more pressing issues 🙂 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |