[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

Im currently having a very annoying issue with liberation.No matter what I do i cant get my flights to ground start :/

Same here

Easy to fix though.. Just open the mission in the ME and set all flights as desired (literally takes less than a minute)

I also like to set some of my allied flights to cold and dark (taxiing together with multiple allies on those beautiful Syria airfields is a treat on its own)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

ahh, I was mistaken, i was on the 2.1.1 alpha which has a note on github not to use, so maybe this is a known issue. I thought I was on 2.1.0 because of the version in the help menu. I'll revert to release and try again...

edit: confirmed, reverting to the release build addressed the issue.

Edited by Zyll

Im currently having a very annoying issue with liberation.No matter what I do i cant get my flights to ground start :/

I had the same problem. I had to many aircraft assigned to the airfield so liberation had to start my flight in the air. I "sold" some aircraft for that field and i was them able to start cold.

I9-9900KS OC 5.2, Asus Maximus XI Hero, MSI RTX 4090 , EVGA 1200W P2 power supply, 2TB M.2 SSD, 64GB ram@3200mhz, Corsair H115i Pro AIO, Samsung Odyssey+, Reverb G2, Quest 3(new)

Just flew the first mission in my campaign against insurgents in Persian Map from Liwa airbase. Really enjoyable.

However, I did notice that whilst a lot of other aircraft were airborne and condiucting missions, all of the F-14Bs which I had bought were lying lop-sided in their hangers with the aircrew having ejected! What gives??

Just flew the first mission in my campaign against insurgents in Persian Map from Liwa airbase. Really enjoyable.

However, I did notice that whilst a lot of other aircraft were airborne and condiucting missions, all of the F-14Bs which I had bought were lying lop-sided in their hangers with the aircrew having ejected! What gives??

I had a similar problem once.

I guess it is related to the hangar size. If the F-14 are set to starttype "warm" they start with extended wings.

Their extended wingspan is larger than the hangar width.

Unfortunately you can't change the start type of AI aircraft.

You could change the starting position manually in the ME prior to starting the mission.

If you want to create client controlled F-14 you can set the starttype to "Runway" or "cold" as a workaround.

I had the same problem. I had to many aircraft assigned to the airfield so liberation had to start my flight in the air. I "sold" some aircraft for that field and i was them able to start cold.
It is also possible that the right parking spot size does not exist on the corresponding airfield.

I had the problem once with Fujairah.

This airfield has only parking spots labeled as "small" and by that planes like the A10 are not able to start from this airfield.

You might want to set the starttype to "Runway" and see if it solves the problem

I am testing the campaign with the map of Syria. It happens to you that when we select a flight and configure it to span cold, when we load the generated mission, all the flights appear in the air??

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

Does anyone know how you would go about if you'd like to run this on a dedicated server?

Me and my squad tested it in multiplayer and it was AWESOME except for the fact that my frames were quite bad due to needing to host and run the mission from the same computer...

I'm running my first Liberation campaign on the Nevada map, and I have quite a few questions. Apologies if they've been answered before, but I don't have the courage to read all 79 pages of this thread... Any help will be very appreciated!

- I'd like to know what the "frontline operations" behaviors really do. I've done a few missions and left it set on "aggressive" every time, and I'm really close to capturing my first base, hopefully on the next turn. Is the "aggressive" behavior the right choice for base capturing ?

- What determines which air defense sites you can target for a SEAD/DEAD mission ? There are two sites very close to the base I'm about to capture but I can't choose them from the list. I can however choose them for a Strike. Actually, I'm not quite sure about the difference between SEAD, DEAD and Strike.

- There are multiple ground units to choose from ; are they all equally useful for capturing bases or should I focus on some of them and ignore others ?

- And finally, when I end the current mission in DCS, does Liberation calculate the rest of the events for that turn ? For example, say I only fly for 15mn, if there were other flights planned for departure after 30mn, will they still be taken into account in the final results ?

Thanks again for any help you can provide!

Would it make sense to have a max number of aircraft per airfield, so you can't populate more aircraft than the airfield would actually fit?

A max number for mission planning yes, but not for having at the airfield. Additional plans could, and should, be in hangers for later missions so there isn't a requirement to skip a mission while waiting for replacements to arrive when AI eject at bingo :P

- I'd like to know what the "frontline operations" behaviors really do. I've done a few missions and left it set on "aggressive" every time, and I'm really close to capturing my first base, hopefully on the next turn. Is the "aggressive" behavior the right choice for base capturing ?

You'll find the answers to that question here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4362794&postcount=499

- What determines which air defense sites you can target for a SEAD/DEAD mission ? There are two sites very close to the base I'm about to capture but I can't choose them from the list. I can however choose them for a Strike. Actually, I'm not quite sure about the difference between SEAD, DEAD and Strike.

You can only target sites with active radar units for SEAD/DEAD missions. Once you've destroyed the radars (and therefore left them blind), the remaining units can only be targeted through Strike missions. I'd guess that this is so that the mission generator doesn't load you up with anti-radiation missiles when targeting a SAM site that no longer has a functioning radar.

- There are multiple ground units to choose from ; are they all equally useful for capturing bases or should I focus on some of them and ignore others ?

- And finally, when I end the current mission in DCS, does Liberation calculate the rest of the events for that turn ? For example, say I only fly for 15mn, if there were other flights planned for departure after 30mn, will they still be taken into account in the final results ?

Not sure about these two. I don't think that remaining events get calculated, but I could be wrong about that.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Im sorry if this has been asked before, Starting a liberation campaign and wanted to exclusively fly the JF. I wanted to use it as USA or basically not run as China. Is this possible ? or do i have to modify a core file or a base mission first ? basically use the JF-17 instead of a hornet or harrier.

Thanks

Not sure if this has been posted, but I can't seem to generate a Russian Campaign using the Western Georgia scenario. When I click Finish, nothing happens. I can create a USA campaign, though.

I've set player side to Russia 1990 and Enemy Side to USA 1990, and it won't generate.

Error Msg:

"INFO:root:New Game Wizard accept

2020-08-31 21:08:23,043 :: INFO :: New Game Wizard accept

INFO:root:======================

2020-08-31 21:08:23,044 :: INFO :: ======================

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "qt_ui\windows\newgame\QNewGameWizard.py", line 45, in accept

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable"

Edited by tn_prvteye
Added error msg

Has anyone tried playing this with mods, Obviously supports the A-4 / MB-339. However what about the military aircraft mod ?

there area also several buildings that are downloadable such as the Radar domes etc.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302681/

If we place moded buildings in the missions in the first run, im guessing they would not carry over to the remaining subsequent missions? Has anyone tried this ?

Posted this earlier but I continuously have the problem at the start of a mission that I get into the jet and the fuel rapidly decreases to point of engine shutdown before I can even do anything. I then have to get out of the jet and choose role again several times. Each time I do that the fuel on board increases up to around a max of 83%. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Happens in multiplayer and single player...

Anyone else seen this ?

Not sure if this has been posted, but I can't seem to generate a Russian Campaign using the Western Georgia scenario. When I click Finish, nothing happens. I can create a USA campaign, though.

I've set player side to Russia 1990 and Enemy Side to USA 1990, and it won't generate.

Error Msg:

"INFO:root:New Game Wizard accept

2020-08-31 21:08:23,043 :: INFO :: New Game Wizard accept

INFO:root:======================

2020-08-31 21:08:23,044 :: INFO :: ======================

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "qt_ui\windows\newgame\QNewGameWizard.py", line 45, in accept

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable"

I experienced the same problem. Seems to work with other combinations though.

Hei.

Quick question. Is the ennemi coallition using awacs?

I had my first mission in Liberation yesterday. It was fun, but I got the feeling that the four bandits I shot down were pretty passive, as if they could not see me...

F-16C, M2000C, Persian Gulf

Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT, 32GB ram, Odyssey HMD+, Home-made TrackHat, X56 Hotas.