[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

Hello everyone.

This dynamic campaign is really fun and creates a very immersive environment. Congratulations for your work!

I was running the RC8 version and today when flying the first mission, I realized that the waypoints are not located in the correct region of the front. I opened the editor and saw that it seems that the problem is that the bullseye is no longer on the front, but a little to the east, as you can see on the printscreen. Both CAP and CAS are like that. I haven't tested other missions like SEAD and Strike.

Thank you

Salute

I saw the same easterly target in a CAS mission, but I thought it looked to me like the target was at the ingress waypoint. edit: that seems to be what your screenshot shows as well?

edit 2: Ah, in my next CAS mission I'm also seeing a target that's ~50 nm east of the actual battle. It looks like it also affects the CAP orbits, which are shifted quite east as well.

Edited by drhay53

Russia 1975 faction seems to have an issue:

INFO:root:[<dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x000001B9079074A8>]
2020-06-24 00:32:34,341 :: INFO :: [<dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x000001B9079074A8>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "qt_ui\windows\QNewGameWizard.py", line 80, in accept
 File "qt_ui\windows\QNewGameWizard.py", line 107, in start_new_game
 File "theater\start_generator.py", line 178, in generate_groundobjects
 File "gen\fleet\ship_group_generator.py", line 43, in generate_ship_group
 File "gen\fleet\dd_group.py", line 15, in generate
 File "gen\sam\group_generator.py", line 32, in add_unit
AttributeError: type object 'MolniyaGroupGenerator' has no attribute 'id'

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Hello guys,

Another issue detected:

"Delayed Activation" is not clicked know for red aircrafts. So, ALL OF THEM spawn at the start of the mission...

Do you mean that they are all starting up, taxying, and taking off at the beginning of the mission ? It should not happen, but I do have already seen this happening during testing when there were errors in the generated mission file. What was the scenario and the map, and did you got any error messages window in DCS when loading the mission ?

Also, be aware, that from version RC8, by default all the aircraft will be spawned on a parking slot at the beginning of the mission.

However, they should be in uncontrolled state, and will only start up and take off when they are supposed to.

But if you want to get the old behaviour with late activation triggers and AI starting in the air, you can disable this option in the settings menu :

5MIkLo8.png

Russia 1975 faction seems to have an issue:

Thanks for reporting that, i was able to fix it in 2.0RC9 :)

====================================

For the issue with the bullseye being incorrect, i still don't have a fix, but i have only noticed it on this part of the map, not sure what is wrong yet.

New release 2.0RC9

RC9 is available here : https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/releases/tag/2.0RC9

It features two bug fixes, and new icons from Discord user Deus.

I know it is a bit early but i will be on vacation in a place with almost no internet and unavailable for a few days, so better release this now. :smilewink:

And save files from RC7 and RC8 are compatible with this version.

Playing as Red (on Caucasus North) i noticed that AI SU-33 tries to take off from carrier even with AI parking start disabled. And they fail at that miserably and crash at sea (i don't use supercarrier module).

I also noticed that with AI parking start enabled all planes (Red and Blue) try to takeoff immediately without delay that is set in mission planner.

Edited by ziher

Hey Khopa- can you tell me if we are able to transport troops with the Huey or do other missions? I'm not sure what sort of abilities we can have with those other than CAS.

Additionally- do you know if there is a way to tell the AI to ~not~ fly into SAM areas and get themselves killed? It's a super fun campaign mode but the AI ruin it by just running into SAM sites and I end up losing numbers of Hornets and Eagles.

Edited by Steamthrower

Hey Khopa,

I'm really enjoying the newest RC. Can't say enough how great the work is.

I really like the carrier BRC alignment with the wind now, it's been working very consistently. However, I'm noticing one issue. The wind seems to be reversed 180 degrees from what's desired. The wind is always blowing straight down the carrier but as a tailwind. I suspect the issue is that the mission editor uses the direction the wind is blowing to, rather than the norm in aviation of reporting where the wind is blowing from. So the carrier direction needs to be the reciprocal of the wind direction in the editor where as in real life they would be the same.

I'm not sure if it matters but I've seen this in every mission so far but I've only tested using the PG - Iran invasion map with the SC.

[Flight Planner] Added STRIKE mission generator

I added an AJS37 with a Strike mission, and he had a bomb loadout, but didn't seem to get any waypoints.

EDIT: I guess if I frag them myself, I need to add the Waypoints.

I did notice that when the Mission Generator builds the Viggen path, it flies very high and the INGRESS point is sometimes quite far from the strike. But I guess this is still work-in-progress.

Cheers,

Edited by LazerPotatoe

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Hello guys,

Do you mean that they are all starting up, taxying, and taking off at the beginning of the mission ? It should not happen, but I do have already seen this happening during testing when there were errors in the generated mission file. What was the scenario and the map, and did you got any error messages window in DCS when loading the mission ?

Also, be aware, that from version RC8, by default all the aircraft will be spawned on a parking slot at the beginning of the mission.

However, they should be in uncontrolled state, and will only start up and take off when they are supposed to.

But if you want to get the old behaviour with late activation triggers and AI starting in the air, you can disable this option in the settings menu :

Thanks for reporting that, i was able to fix it in 2.0RC9 :)

For the issue with the bullseye being incorrect, i still don't have a fix, but i have only noticed it on this part of the map, not sure what is wrong yet.

New release 2.0RC9

RC9 is available here : https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/releases/tag/2.0RC9

It features two bug fixes, and new icons from Discord user Deus.

I know it is a bit early but i will be on vacation in a place with almost no internet and unavailable for a few days, so better release this now. :smilewink:

And save files from RC7 and RC8 are compatible with this version.

Hi Khopa. This is what happens tested in RC9:

1) Option "AI planes parking start" is ACTIVE

2) Dcs Liberation UI generates the mission "liberation_ nextturn"

3) I used to take a look in mission editor and this is what a see:

• Red Ai aircraft parked in their respective parkings
  • Severl time spawns scripts linked to all these aircraft but...
  • The option "Delayed activation" disabled in all of them.

4) So, I have tried two options:

ONE: Activate manually the option "delayed activation" for each red aircraft but nothing happens. Red AI aircrafts never spawns.

TWO: Leave everything as I have found: Option " Del. Act." disabled. Then ALL of the red faction aircrafts spawns at the mission start. When the mission ends, the following error appears:

https://gyazo.com/cd6b5a7b1203a6bdbb3b438eb4025410

EDIT: I tried the same mission but with ""AI planes parking start" disabled and everything went fine. No errors nor weird behaviours.

Regards

Edited by Felipius

Hi Khopa. This is what happens tested in RC9:

ONE: Activate manually the option "delayed activation" for each red aircraft but nothing happens. Red AI aircrafts never spawns.

TWO: Leave everything as I have found: Option " Del. Act." disabled. Then ALL of the red faction aircrafts spawns at the mission start.

Yes because then this is exactly what should happen. It is intended now that with "AI planes parking start" the planes should not have a delayed start. They have to be in the mission from the beggining (so OCA strikes are possible). They are then in an uncontrolled state and take off at their fragged times in liberation. With delayed activation they would not appear at the ramps. If you don't want this, deactivate "AI planes parking start" then they will spawn in at their fragged times like before.

When the mission ends, the following error appears:

https://gyazo.com/cd6b5a7b1203a6bdbb3b438eb4025410

Regards

You have to copy the missionscripting.lua from your liberation folder to the DCS scripts folder then or comment out the corresponding lines:

You have to edit the file : "Scripts/MissionScripts.lua" and overwrite it by the content of the file : "<dcs_liberation_folder>/resources/Scripts/MissionScripting.lua", and then restart DCS.

However, this should be automatically done by DCS Liberation, but maybe it didn't figured out your DCS installation directory.

If you don't do this, the mission file cannot write on disk the status of the campaign for DCS Liberation to proceed. (This file contains info about the units/buildings that were destroyed during the mission, and base capture events.)

Maybe it is also because DCS was already running when you first launched DCS Liberation ? (Then the updated file would maybe not have been loaded by DCS world Lua engine and you would run into this error)

Hello everyone!

So I just finished a campaign in the Caucasus map and here is my feedback.

Overall, I'm impressed. I suggest less ambient smoke to save performance and the Russian side starts in Anapa instead of Tbilisi.

This is great work and I'm looking forward to the next development of this!

If anyone else has trouble with the new version not starting up even when run as administrator, try deleting your old save game in the DCS Saved Games folder. Took me a few minutes to figure that one out :)

Thanks for the new release Khopa. Will run a few missions and see what's new.

I do know of one bug that was in the old version and is still there: when I zoom in on the campaign map, I can't zoom all the way back out. If I repeat this I have to restart Liberation to be able to see the map.

I don't have an old save game, and I tried starting as admin. same brief flash screen then nada

Hello.

A little question: How's a base captured? I have flown a mission today were my ground forces arrived at an enemy base and occupied the runway, I supposed the base has been captured but when I finished the mission none base capture event was shown in UI events window. Besides, I had lost all the ground gained in the last three missions :doh: I didn't save the game ... of course :megalol:

Did I do something wrong? It is a bug or is any special action to do to capture an enemy airport? It is something to do with the amount of vehicles at the airbase (3 blue vs 7 red), despite blue forces gain the runway?

I was looking into the forum, but I didn't find anything related.

Thanks

Edited by Felipius

Hello.

Did I do something wrong? It is a bug or is any special action to do to capture an enemy airport? It is something to do with the amount of vehicles at the airbase (3 blue vs 7 red), despite blue forces gain the runway?

I was looking into the forum, but I didn't find anything related.

Thanks

Base capture is completed by occupying the airfield and eliminating all enemy units. If there are any enemy units still attached to the airfield, the capture will not complete. You have to kill them all. it is also an automatic function. You meet the requirements and the base is captured. You do not need to do anything else.

What's the best way to cancel current missions stats for when a mission is restarted or if DCS crashes? For example as i start the mission stats begin to be recorded but DCS crashed on me once and the stats were still being recorded. I wanted to cancel or restart it but there is no option to close it or cancel accepting the results.

EDIT:

I should mention this is on the RC build

I have no clue how to get this running??

I have used liberation in the past(original version) but have removed all trace.

When i download the 2.0RC4 liberation_main.exe does not start. I get a very quick splash screen then nothing.

I cannot find the "start.bat" file anywhere to edit where my saved games folder is as it is on another drive.

Could somebody send me links to the correct version of this campaign and any other info i may need to perform a fresh install from the ground up of DCS Liberation?

Thanks

I have used liberation in the past(original version) but have removed all trace.

When i download the 2.0RC4 liberation_main.exe does not start. I get a very quick splash screen then nothing.

I cannot find the "start.bat" file anywhere to edit where my saved games folder is as it is on another drive.

Could somebody send me links to the correct version of this campaign and any other info i may need to perform a fresh install from the ground up of DCS Liberation?

Thanks

Try deleting old save files in your saved games\dcs(.openbeta) directory.

As far as I remember, the path to the DCS saved games was hard-coded in older versions...

RC4 seems quite old. I would recommend the current RC9. It has a lot improvements compared to older releases, for example defining custom "saved games\dcs" locations.

Edited by mcfleck

Thanks

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/releases/tag/2.0RC9