HUD unreadable even at brightest setting

I know what you're talking about. I often tried to brighten the HUD just to see it was at maximum already. Maybe it's limited by that last centuries technology?

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

Been mentioned in several threads already. Needs fixing.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I don't think this will change. It's quite accurate with regards to how effective the HUD is with bright backgrounds in reality.

Thats good to hear :)

Just what I was thinking, that it seems quite accurate and readable enough :)

Best regards,

M

I don't think this will change. It's quite accurate with regards to how effective the HUD is with bright backgrounds in reality.

I am not familiar at all with the real Viggen so I can't argue with the above and if the simulation's realistically depicting how the HUD "behaves" against a bright background then be it - but I have a VERY hard time seeing stuff on it due to the awful readability even with brightness set to max. Very difficult to deliver a precision strike when a key component is basically useless due to a limitation.

Thus, post a picture. Maybe it really looks different than on other peoples machine. Maybe there's some bug with some graphic setting.

Show a picture and we can see if we all have the same or not.

+1 to that.

Because I just don´t find it that hard to see the hud and I don´t think they should change it.

Best regards,

M

I'm not using VR and I don't have a problem with the HUD either. Visibility depends a lot on light conditions and what the background is like, but to me that feels realistic.

Not sure why a lot of you are saying 'I don't have a problem'. I mean that's great, but lots of people do, and it doesn't alter the fact that it is crazy that the HUD - a fairly important instrument! - is unreadable a lot of the time under certain lighting conditions.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Not sure why a lot of you are saying 'I don't have a problem'. I mean that's great, but lots of people do, and it doesn't alter the fact that it is crazy that the HUD - a fairly important instrument! - is unreadable a lot of the time under certain lighting conditions.

Well its not unreadable for me.

So I don´t want the developer to change this.

And I don´t see the problem with the pictures posted either.

Its not unreadable.

/M

Its not unreadable.

/M

You don't want. But others do want. So an option never hurts. And if you don't want to apply that option then you don't but others who actually struggle reading that pale instrument, may still enjoy it. Simple as that. Just an option so that the HUD brightness knob delivers a bit more of a "punch" or something like that. If you don't want that, don't turn the brightness knob fully on. And everyone's happy.

Its not unreadable.

/M

You might not want it, but others do. Would you complain if your HUD was more readable?

The HUD glass texture is actually moddable. If you'd like, you can try to darken the HUD glass texture (the RGB channels) which should make the HUD stand out better against dark backdrops.

This modification should pass Integrity Checks.

I'd rather refrain from using third party mods and instead stick with official content. I might be missing out on some fun and interesting stuff but never mind.

You don't want. But others do want. So an option never hurts. And if you don't want to apply that option then you don't but others who actually struggle reading that pale instrument, may still enjoy it. Simple as that. Just an option so that the HUD brightness knob delivers a bit more of a "punch" or something like that. If you don't want that, don't turn the brightness knob fully on. And everyone's happy.

Yes I don´t want that. I rather go with the more realistic one that is already there.

An option would take development time, and I don´t want the developers to spend time on that.

You could mod it as the developers just was posting.

And then you could have your wish without making developers spend time on something that is already as it should be.

/M

As said I have never seen a Viggen HUD and therefore I have absolutely no reference regarding how it should look like. What I can do is to compare it to other modules that I own and I have to conclude that each and every module I currently own (ones that come with a HUD) have perfectly readable HUD no matter what the weather is like, no matter what background it is put up against. And since the Viggen is the only module where I have a hard time getting a proper reading off the HUD, I dare to think it might not be accurate. But I might be wrong. I can't check for obvious reasons so I take the developer's word on it that it's realistic. If this is how the real Viggen HUD behaves, then be it, I never wanted more than a realistic depiction of a Viggen, with all it's advantages and shortcomings.

In fact it's reassuring to know that we are striving for realism: with that in mind I can finally see a glimpse of hope that eventually the toe brake, the radar stick, the magnetic declination knob will also be animated, the aircraft will be given mirrors and the dozens of non clickable switches will also be brought to life, just like on the real deal. It's Early Access after all, so I should be patient, right?

If this is how the real Viggen HUD behaves, then be it, I never wanted more than a realistic depiction of a Viggen, with all it's advantages and shortcomings.

This was very well said!:thumbup:

And that is exactly why I don´t think they should spend any time on this.

Best regards,

M