Multiplayer

Hi i only recently heard about this game and it looks so awesome, i myself like to play a lot of online games and this would be so incredibly awesome to play online, if you wouldn't mind i would like to ask a few questions:

1. How big is the online player database for this game? Compared to such games as BF series and CSS?

2. How big is the server count on a multiplayer game?

3. How do i download the Lock On demo, i click the download button and it asks me to create another account?

4.Do i have to by Lock On: MAC to be able to play Flaming Cliffs and Black Shark? (booster pack type of things)

5.Is Black Shark out yet?

Thanks for taking or wasting your time answering these questions as i moderate other forums and so know how tiresome it can be answering the same questions repeatedly.

Cheers

1. How big is the online player database for this game? Compared to such games as BF series and CSS?

a lot smaller ;) it's small community, but you won't find as many idiots on the servers as in BF and CS ;)

don't understand...you mean the number of servers? that would be 6 or 7 always running

3. How do i download the Lock On demo, i click the download button and it asks me to create another account?

create your lockon.ru account and log in with it ;) you only have a forum account right now i guess ;)

4.Do i have to by Lock On: MAC to be able to play Flaming Cliffs and Black Shark? (booster pack type of things)

yep....but not comparable to that booster pack crap, FC is not just a mod like all those Boosters where, but a full AddOn definately woth it's price!

nope ;)

Database? Do you mean stats or how many pilots are regularly flying?

I have no clue where you are but if you can find LOMAC Gold, it has the orig game and the FC add-on both included for a reasonable price. It's probably in cut out bins by now, if you can still find it.

:drunk: Welcome to the community Dogfighters

Main place is HyperLobby, 60-90+ at best(usually weekends 1600-2000z), majority of the time 20-40.

As many as 25+ in certain servers at times , you should look into maybe spending sometime with sqd members on TS to get the full benefit.

Plenty of fun to be had in squadrons aswell.

Accounts are seperate/different in forums and main site

yes:)

no:(

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Database? Do you mean stats or how many pilots are regularly flying?

I have no clue where you are but if you can find LOMAC Gold, it has the orig game and the FC add-on both included for a reasonable price. It's probably in cut out bins by now, if you can still find it.

Ebay £14 :)

Yes, It's a small community, but i good one. everyone is friendly. should you do something dumb online and some one yells at you, just apologize and explane and it won't matter.

But welcome to the community, youll find your self comming back to these forums alot for questions and such. were always more than willing to help.

Just a warning about lokcon. don't get it expectiong an easy game. It is one of the mose detailed and realistic simulators on the maket today, which translates into a very difficult game. (expect a year before you actually become "good." that's what I required.) but once you do get good, it's very satisfing.

As for playing online, get Hyperlobby. It's the best place to find people online. And there are usually alot of people playing on the 6 or 7 dedicated servers (mostly on weekends) from all over the world. (which makes this community do unique) so flying online is never a problem. If you really like some group of people, you might want to joun a squadren. (which is the same as a BF2 clan)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Is it just me or is the demo terrible? You cant do anything other than hit the fly button and only the mouse keys work none of my joystick keys work?

And another thing.....how do i deploy flares?? I keep getting hit by the missile within seconds and plummeting to my death.

Ok, which demo. first, go to the options menu and map the commands to your stick.

'Q" deplays both chaff and flares. Insert does flares and delete does chaff (or visa versa... I forget...)

And yes, the demo does suck. It does not do the game justice.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Ya... where did you download it from? if it's from http://www.lo-mac.com, then ya, it kinda sucks, I dont know any other demos.

Im not sure which demo is it, it just has really bad GFX IMO and has a big button with pictures on the right saying Fly.

Not sure about the demo but bad graphics? I think the graphics in this sim is great even at medium setting.

What kind of computer do you have?

My computer is similar to Aeroscout's. Crap :lol:

My computer is similar to Aeroscout's. Crap :lol:

It sucks, doesn't it? lol.

What settings are you running at? just curious.

It sucks, doesn't it? lol.

What settings are you running at? just curious.

Heh actually it's not that bad. What surprises me is when people complain about framerate even with higher end computers. I guess I'll wait 5 more years to upgrade :D .

Maybe by then the CPUs will be able to handle Lock On better.

lomacsettings.jpg.ca8457a8185974f748cef41e0d02b2d4.jpg

What are your system specs exactally?

My current settings, with por frame rates are:

Textures:low (and it sucks)

Scenes: high

Terrain preload: 20Km

Civilian Traffic: No

Water: medium

Haze: basic (and sucks)

Visability range: low

effects: low

Heat blur: off

Shadows:all planar

color: 32bit

I forget the resolution...

ya, and I have framerates in the teens and 20s. it sucks.

I use to have a similair m/c to yours Aeroscout and im sure water setting on low made a huge difference.

Also I think you could turn your terrain preload up with yor 1.5Gig.

And scenes on high is a sapper unless you've doctored it in the Bazar/scenes file.

Ofcourse this is just an observation and im aware that you probably prefer your settings.;)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Ok, i see,. i just like the trees.

do you have teka teka's FPS tweak? I would get it if it didn't turn the HUD mint green. (is there any way to change that?)

Ok, thanks for the suggestions.

Ok, i see,. i just like the trees.

do you have teka teka's FPS tweak? I would get it if it didn't turn the HUD mint green. (is there any way to change that?)

Cycle through the HUD Colours with Ctrl-H :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Since it hasn't been brought up in this thread yet:

Suggest you be VERY careful about mods & tweaks if you are flying online. Last "tweak" I saw allowed you to basically put any weapon you want onto any plane you want- and cheating is not tolerated online. You will find it is mainly purists who fly the game as realistically as it can be flown. Obviously- you can do what you want with your game. You can set up your own server and do whatever you want there, too. But there is no such freedom in the high capacity/ big bandwidth squadron servers unless they grant it.

Don't take this as "this guy is assuming that I'll cheat"- I'm not. It's simply for your info as you are new to the multiplayer scene, and ignorance about this issue is not acceptable. You can get kicked, banned and the event log can & will be posted in public.

Consider it part of the pre flight brief. A post along these lines is typically seen for every new pilot that comes here and asks about multiplayer.